Thread: Photoshop Help?!?

Default Photoshop Help?!?

Apologies if ABP, but I'm stuck.

A Mate recently installed photoshop and apart from a quick basic run through whilst sampling some heavenly herb when he installed it, I haven't had any lessons / training on it, and as such, have spent the last 4 hours fucking up a good couple of photos. I've looked on the help page and tutorials, but can't see what I want (re-size images, brighten em, cut em, add text) - probably because they must be the easiest things to do on photoshop and only morons would need tutorials on it - well, I'm that moron!

Are there any sites or anything where beginners to photoshop can go? Or does anyone on here use it often, and would be so good as to post idiot instructions for me?

any help would be very appreciated, cheers.
    <.........>

‹bermensch

Default Re: Photoshop Help?!?

i ain't to good with photoshop but searching in google for photoshop tutorials you should get loads of links.

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by Cynon Soul View Post
    Apologies if ABP, but I'm stuck.

A Mate recently installed photoshop and apart from a quick basic run through whilst sampling some heavenly herb when he installed it, I haven't had any lessons / training on it, and as such, have spent the last 4 hours fucking up a good couple of photos. I've looked on the help page and tutorials, but can't see what I want (re-size images, brighten em, cut em, add text) - probably because they must be the easiest things to do on photoshop and only morons would need tutorials on it - well, I'm that moron!

Are there any sites or anything where beginners to photoshop can go? Or does anyone on here use it often, and would be so good as to post idiot instructions for me?

any help would be very appreciated, cheers.

Try Adobe's web site for tutorials but to resize go to image then image size, to brighten go to adjustments both in the top menu and to add text use the text tool hope this gets you on the way

Initiate

Some good stuff to be had here http://www.good-tutorials.com/tutori...otoshop/basics or try www.creativecow.net, some really good podcasts on there.
    NO WAR FOR HEAVY METAL

Initiate

resize and brighten etc. are found under image menu

IMAGE-ADJUST-BRIGHTNESS

to resize

IMAGE-IMAGE SIZE

To add text add a new layer then use the type tool

Depends what you want to cut as to how to do it but check the tutorials.
    NO WAR FOR HEAVY METAL

Quote Originally Posted by KingfastT View Post
    but to resize go to image then image size,
    Thanks King - I'm on it now - can you help me with the size of the file? The images are RAW format (i'm told) and they're all 2 - 3mb - thats too big!

Thanks again.
    <.........>

Quote Originally Posted by ding76uk View Post
    Some good stuff to be had here http://www.good-tutorials.com/tutori...otoshop/basics or try www.creativecow.net, some really good podcasts on there.
    Thanks very much ding for these.
    <.........>

Initiate

If you go to FILE-SAVE FOR WEB you can alter it from there to whatever you need.
    NO WAR FOR HEAVY METAL

Sweet!! Image Ready! You won't believe how grateful I am for these tips guys.

Got re-sizing sussed, text not going too well tho, but the missus is looking at me like I should really switch my pc off now, so I best oblige. I've made more progress in the last 40 minutes than I did for 4 hours earlier - thanks everyone.
    <.........>

Quote Originally Posted by Cynon Soul View Post
    brighten em
    Try adjusting "levels" (apple+L on a Mac), "brightness & conrast" or "hue & saturation" (apple+U on a Mac).

Good luck...

‹bermensch

I need to get photoshop baaaaad.
    Goin to uni with very little digital editing experience...apart from a week of graphic design work experience 2 or 3 years ago...but I doubt I'll be able to retrieve that knowledge from my weed addled mind.

anyone any good with acrobat cos i saved a illustrator file as a PDF and can normally change the text in acrobat, but with one file i saved i can edit it, is that because i saved it differently or because i am not using the correct tool/ or opening it strangly?

Thread Information