Page 2646 of 2648 FirstFirst ... 1646214625462596263626442645264626472648 LastLast
Results 39,676 to 39,690 of 39709

Thread: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

  1. #39676
    Ultra King
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    sin
    Posts
    12,974

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    That was sick, Ginge. Enjoyed that.

  2. #39677
    Initiate Ginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    667

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    Quote Originally Posted by krillmonger View Post
    That was sick, Ginge. Enjoyed that.
    Cheers Krill!

  3. #39678
    ‹bermensch Dent Face's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,037

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    Big:


  4. #39679
    ‹bermensch
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Country
    Posts
    1,600

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    That was so good, funny how quite a few of them are now pro. Cool to see them skating big shit, not just wallies and no complies on foot high ledges.

  5. #39680
    ‹bermensch
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,757

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    Quote Originally Posted by llllloyd View Post
    That was so good. Cool to see them skating big shit, not just wallies and no complies on foot high ledges.
    100% This. Sent it to a load of young 'uns I know, hoping they'll stop with the Sub Polar or Youtube vloggist obsessions. Sadly I was sent the new Jason Park clip in return.

  6. #39681
    ‹bermensch Cereal Mews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,146

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    Quote Originally Posted by pervert View Post

    This is sped up, right? Wanted to enjoy it but had to turn it off halfway as it's difficult to watch.

  7. #39682
    ‹bermensch bearVSshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London via t'North
    Posts
    1,557

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    Yeah a lot of that is def sped up. Never understood why people do that.

    is it the digital equivalent of running a bail photo as a make in print?
    poison...poison...TASTY FISH!

  8. #39683
    ‹bermensch
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    2,489

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    I really don't think it's sped up at all. It's just the filming technique. I can't see why filmers who know what they are doing would risk speeding up their footage just for people to call out on forums.

  9. #39684
    ‹bermensch bearVSshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London via t'North
    Posts
    1,557

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    Maybe it's just the way it's filmed. Something seemed weird about it though
    poison...poison...TASTY FISH!

  10. #39685
    Initiate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    504

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    Might have something to do with the 30i frame rate converted to 60p?

  11. #39686
    ‹bermensch
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,027

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    Quote Originally Posted by jwdharris16 View Post
    Might have something to do with the 30i frame rate converted to 60p?
    Its VX from Oz. PAL 25fps straight to 25fps YouTube.

    Anyhow, for what it is worth I don't think any of these claims are true re: sped up footage. If you were to do it, you'd end up with really weird frames unless you were to double the speed and I just don't see those weird frames in these clips.

    What I do think is happening is that in general, people are skating a bit faster these days and also, people aren't filming the same way with VX.
    That fisheye was a godsend as it was so wide you could keep the skater entirely in frame and also for the same reason, it helped smooth the movement out (The wider the lens, the harder it is to see shake). Hence the look of the classic TWS or blueprint videos. Now, people want to get in as close as possible as head crop isn't really a no-no anymore and as such, they need to move that lens a LOT more. Hence really shaky fisheye being seemingly okay - whereas ten years ago, you'd get laughed off - and all that crazy movement makes shit look really fast.

    If you want a more classic comparison, think about Misled Youth compared to Modus Operandi. Misled had a certain element of super close, fast moving VX (Although thankfully the non-seasick style).

    Side Note: I fucking hate that new VX style. Kind of feel like it all too often covers up the fact that the skater is doing fuck all worth bothering with.

  12. #39687
    Initiate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    504

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonSkater View Post
    Its VX from Oz. PAL 25fps straight to 25fps YouTube.

    Anyhow, for what it is worth I don't think any of these claims are true re: sped up footage. If you were to do it, you'd end up with really weird frames unless you were to double the speed and I just don't see those weird frames in these clips.

    What I do think is happening is that in general, people are skating a bit faster these days and also, people aren't filming the same way with VX.
    That fisheye was a godsend as it was so wide you could keep the skater entirely in frame and also for the same reason, it helped smooth the movement out (The wider the lens, the harder it is to see shake). Hence the look of the classic TWS or blueprint videos. Now, people want to get in as close as possible as head crop isn't really a no-no anymore and as such, they need to move that lens a LOT more. Hence really shaky fisheye being seemingly okay - whereas ten years ago, you'd get laughed off - and all that crazy movement makes shit look really fast.

    If you want a more classic comparison, think about Misled Youth compared to Modus Operandi. Misled had a certain element of super close, fast moving VX (Although thankfully the non-seasick style).

    Side Note: I fucking hate that new VX style. Kind of feel like it all too often covers up the fact that the skater is doing fuck all worth bothering with.
    I assumed it was a NTSC VX as it's showing as 1080p 60fps on YouTube playback options.

  13. #39688
    ‹bermensch Cereal Mews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,146

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    Hmm. Just looking again. See that clip of Mike Arnold (I think?) with the shove nosewheelie backlip thing at 00:50. That just seems to me like an unnatural amount of speed to slide with and roll out of a backlip with. You'd expect him to slow down but he doesn't at all. Or look at 1:29 when the guy drops off the bank fakie - it looks like he increases speed a whole lot after he rolls off. I don't know, I really want to think it's not messed with, and you guys above are experts with filming and editing related knowledge, but this one just doesn't look right to me.
    Last edited by Cereal Mews; 1 Week Ago at 09:08 AM.

  14. #39689
    ‹bermensch
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,386

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    Definitley not sped up, think as LS said it just a case of the camera moving more with the skater so things look a little off.

    The drop off the bank does slightly strange yeah (though why would they just speed up the roll away) but the nosewheelie backlip looks totally fine speed wise, not unnatural at all.

    You're tripping if you think someone making an edit for a company for a TWS exclusive would speed up footage to the point where people notice it. See the whole Glen Fox debacle on Slap (maybe on here too) if you see him skate in person you know it's not sped up, its the VX motion that makes things look unusual

    The guy who made it is Josh Roberts and is super legit, check some of his other edits. Proper skate filmers/editors take their shit seriously and wouldn't compromise theirs or the skaters integrity by speeding up clips like that.
    Last edited by Haven_Hamilton; 1 Week Ago at 09:13 AM.

  15. #39690
    ‹bermensch
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,027

    Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

    Quote Originally Posted by jwdharris16 View Post
    I assumed it was a NTSC VX as it's showing as 1080p 60fps on YouTube playback options.
    I'm so thorough, I didn't even check the options. Oops.

    But honestly, that just sounds like some weird/daft exporting rather than anything snide.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 12 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 12 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Continually updated industry links and namedropping
    By Spanky in forum Skateboarding
    Replies: 697
    Last Post: 11th February 2015, 12:23 PM
  2. Continually Updated Comedy Links!
    By regan in forum Skateboarding
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10th November 2011, 04:03 PM
  3. continually updated berrics footage
    By maxxam in forum Skateboarding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18th January 2009, 08:39 PM
  4. Continually Updated MySpace Music Links!
    By regan in forum Skateboarding
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 30th August 2006, 11:22 PM
  5. Continually Updated Game Links
    By colchesterskater in forum Skateboarding
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 26th February 2006, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •