Page 2646 of 2648 FirstFirst ... 1646214625462596263626442645264626472648 LastLast
Results 39,676 to 39,690 of 39709

Thread: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

Ultra King

Default Re: Continually updated FOOTAGE links - post if you got them!

That was sick, Ginge. Enjoyed that.

Quote Originally Posted by krillmonger View Post
    That was sick, Ginge. Enjoyed that.
    Cheers Krill!

Big:

‹bermensch

That was so good, funny how quite a few of them are now pro. Cool to see them skating big shit, not just wallies and no complies on foot high ledges.

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by llllloyd View Post
    That was so good. Cool to see them skating big shit, not just wallies and no complies on foot high ledges.
    100% This. Sent it to a load of young 'uns I know, hoping they'll stop with the Sub Polar or Youtube vloggist obsessions. Sadly I was sent the new Jason Park clip in return.

Quote Originally Posted by pervert View Post

This is sped up, right? Wanted to enjoy it but had to turn it off halfway as it's difficult to watch.

Yeah a lot of that is def sped up. Never understood why people do that.

is it the digital equivalent of running a bail photo as a make in print?
    poison...poison...TASTY FISH!

‹bermensch

I really don't think it's sped up at all. It's just the filming technique. I can't see why filmers who know what they are doing would risk speeding up their footage just for people to call out on forums.

Maybe it's just the way it's filmed. Something seemed weird about it though
    poison...poison...TASTY FISH!

Initiate

Might have something to do with the 30i frame rate converted to 60p?

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by jwdharris16 View Post
    Might have something to do with the 30i frame rate converted to 60p?
    Its VX from Oz. PAL 25fps straight to 25fps YouTube.

Anyhow, for what it is worth I don't think any of these claims are true re: sped up footage. If you were to do it, you'd end up with really weird frames unless you were to double the speed and I just don't see those weird frames in these clips.

What I do think is happening is that in general, people are skating a bit faster these days and also, people aren't filming the same way with VX.
    That fisheye was a godsend as it was so wide you could keep the skater entirely in frame and also for the same reason, it helped smooth the movement out (The wider the lens, the harder it is to see shake). Hence the look of the classic TWS or blueprint videos. Now, people want to get in as close as possible as head crop isn't really a no-no anymore and as such, they need to move that lens a LOT more. Hence really shaky fisheye being seemingly okay - whereas ten years ago, you'd get laughed off - and all that crazy movement makes shit look really fast.

If you want a more classic comparison, think about Misled Youth compared to Modus Operandi. Misled had a certain element of super close, fast moving VX (Although thankfully the non-seasick style).

Side Note: I fucking hate that new VX style. Kind of feel like it all too often covers up the fact that the skater is doing fuck all worth bothering with.

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by LondonSkater View Post
    Its VX from Oz. PAL 25fps straight to 25fps YouTube.

Anyhow, for what it is worth I don't think any of these claims are true re: sped up footage. If you were to do it, you'd end up with really weird frames unless you were to double the speed and I just don't see those weird frames in these clips.

What I do think is happening is that in general, people are skating a bit faster these days and also, people aren't filming the same way with VX.
    That fisheye was a godsend as it was so wide you could keep the skater entirely in frame and also for the same reason, it helped smooth the movement out (The wider the lens, the harder it is to see shake). Hence the look of the classic TWS or blueprint videos. Now, people want to get in as close as possible as head crop isn't really a no-no anymore and as such, they need to move that lens a LOT more. Hence really shaky fisheye being seemingly okay - whereas ten years ago, you'd get laughed off - and all that crazy movement makes shit look really fast.

If you want a more classic comparison, think about Misled Youth compared to Modus Operandi. Misled had a certain element of super close, fast moving VX (Although thankfully the non-seasick style).

Side Note: I fucking hate that new VX style. Kind of feel like it all too often covers up the fact that the skater is doing fuck all worth bothering with.
    I assumed it was a NTSC VX as it's showing as 1080p 60fps on YouTube playback options.

Hmm. Just looking again. See that clip of Mike Arnold (I think?) with the shove nosewheelie backlip thing at 00:50. That just seems to me like an unnatural amount of speed to slide with and roll out of a backlip with. You'd expect him to slow down but he doesn't at all. Or look at 1:29 when the guy drops off the bank fakie - it looks like he increases speed a whole lot after he rolls off. I don't know, I really want to think it's not messed with, and you guys above are experts with filming and editing related knowledge, but this one just doesn't look right to me.
    Last edited by Cereal Mews; 1 Week Ago at 09:08 AM.

‹bermensch

Definitley not sped up, think as LS said it just a case of the camera moving more with the skater so things look a little off.

The drop off the bank does slightly strange yeah (though why would they just speed up the roll away) but the nosewheelie backlip looks totally fine speed wise, not unnatural at all.

You're tripping if you think someone making an edit for a company for a TWS exclusive would speed up footage to the point where people notice it. See the whole Glen Fox debacle on Slap (maybe on here too) if you see him skate in person you know it's not sped up, its the VX motion that makes things look unusual

The guy who made it is Josh Roberts and is super legit, check some of his other edits. Proper skate filmers/editors take their shit seriously and wouldn't compromise theirs or the skaters integrity by speeding up clips like that.
    Last edited by Haven_Hamilton; 1 Week Ago at 09:13 AM.

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by jwdharris16 View Post
    I assumed it was a NTSC VX as it's showing as 1080p 60fps on YouTube playback options.
    I'm so thorough, I didn't even check the options. Oops.

But honestly, that just sounds like some weird/daft exporting rather than anything snide.

Thread Information