Thread: Mursing/Nursing?

Übermensch

Default Mursing/Nursing?

hey,now don't be ashamed if you are, but is their anyone on here,male of gem thAt's doing a nursing degree or has had an interview for it recently? I'm looking for some Info on it and any help would be MUCH appreciated!
    Thanks so much.
    very metal

Default Re: Mursing/Nursing?

I did think about becoming a care worker for the mentally disabled that was until I saw one of my old mates in town doing that exact job, running after a 30 year old manchild wearing a crash helmet and shitting his pants whilst screaming at the top of his lungs.

Try the NHS site? UCAS?

Ultra King

I used to be a care worker. Now the above comment might not sound good from the perspective of a bystander but i found situations like that quite exciting. So many good memories though like Wayne the little down syndrome guy who used to rock out in my car to the Misfits by playing air guitar. He even used to try and get his hair into a devil lock.

My ex did a nursing degree. It involves long hours and stress.

I worked as residential care worker for 6 months in Ipswich, looking after autistic kids who had been abused or neglected by their parents who often were quite unstable.
    Saw ups and downs with that job but really enjoyed it.
    Enjoyed it so much that I actually want to do some part time work part time school thing in order to be a qualified social worker sometime soon.

Fucking hell, guess what I learnt while writing this ?
    My sis called me, saying that some people I had contacted regarding a job had been trying to get hold of me for a month and a half but finally gave up. That's what their letter said.
    Couldn't get their calls because I'm on this fucking stupid mountain on the swiss/french border where the network is so bad.

The worst thing is that I didn't even apply for a job that I had heard about in an ad or something, I just sent them my application letter, CV, certificates and all that stuff out of nowhere, not even hoping for an answer.
    And they wanted to meet me. Trying to get hold of me for 6 weeks.

Calling them at 2, am afraid it's far too late though.
    Gutted.

Mini Goon

Hey, Im a bloke who is half way through my second year of Adult Nursing at the University Of Nottingham. My interviews were a couple of Aprils ago, thought I was being interviewed for the July intake but was actually offered entry to the October intake ( when they were still doing 3 intakes per year ).
    Assuming you've already done relevant care work the interview shouldn't be too difficult, just talk a lot cause its all about comunication with people. I went to 3 out of my 4 interviews though I think you can now do 6 choices since the admissions system changed from NMAS to UCAS. The interviews varied depending on the university, at Homerton ( now Anglia Ruskin ) they just wanted me to say why I wanted to do it and that the nurse takes responsiblity for the patient and that was about it really. Brighton added a little more we had to a maths test which was simple really , the only trouble I had was doing the long multipication and division simply because I hadn't done it in like 10 years or something and just couldn't remember how. It also might be worth having some knowlege of current nursing stuff ( y'know just like them being preventative now like safe drinking limits ads, pictures on fag packets etc.) The only other thing we did was a comprehansion type thing but that was piss easy.
    Hope this was some help.
    Good Luck!

Übermensch

thanks alot for the feedback everyone. I have my nurssing degree Inyerview next week and wanted t see if anyone had any help .
    Now I've been doing alot of research for this but still havnt found exactly the sort of good answer to give to questions like- what eXactly is the role of a nurse, why do u want to be one and what qualities do u think a nurse needs to posess.
    I've had some ideas for them but wanted to see of anyone could suhhesy whY they may have sAid In their interview to these questions.
    very metal

Ultra King

Say you want to befriend old ladies at their death bed so you can be included in their wills. You'll get in straight away.

Übermensch

I'm not going to tell them the truth ! And that is fAr too close to the truth. Haha
    very metal

Übermensch

Old men? or is that the full truth and that would just be letting the cat out of the bag?

Ultra King

you cant get enough of wiping your own arse that you want to wipe other peoples too?

Übermensch

The cat is well and truly out of the bag yes.
    very metal

Thread Information