Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Conspiracy theory thread

‹bermensch
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

Default Re: Conspiracy theory thread

It's obviously the same guy, the conspiracy vid is pathetic. People look different without hair + the comparison video they use was taken shortly after the last time he was kidnapped when he looked quite thin. He was captive in Syria for a while and they obviously fed him fairly well, he wasn't going to get much exercise while kidnapped either, so why wouldn't he put on weight?

He was a well known journalist. If none of the many other respected journalists who knew him have questioned the likeness, or indeed any of his family, it's unlikely to be a fake. Unless they are all in on it, but if that was the case, "they" must already be secretly running the worlds media and governments, in that scenario, what purpose would a fake beheading video serve?
    Last edited by hoorayforthecornet; 27th August 2014 at 11:17 AM.

Ultra King

Bit like all the 'Moon landing conspiracy' theorists...

Yeah, Russian would have definitely kept quiet about the US faking being on the moon. They had no interests up there at all.

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    Does anybody else find it slightly strange that thebighoppa, who started this thread, hasn't been on here since April?! Hmm...
    Been living on a narrowboat since April as the tin foil hat wasn't cutting it.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/inter...-aaron-swartz/ - watched this yesterday, great documentary. I don't believe he committed suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nategarcier View Post
    You could say I've been studying the art of the falcon

haha, that's so real.
    Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    im not a racist you just look like a potato

Bad shopping but I wouldn't be surprised if it did go down like that. I don't think anything would surprise me.

why would it go down like that?

Why not? who knows anything? Not saying that it is a "conspiracy" but, I wouldn't be surprised if it was is all i'm saying.
    If some dude is literally hacking off heads for real then I am mortified, in fact I'm mortified whatever the truth.

This happened twice and probably going to happen again.

It's not a conspiracy, it's real.

What bugs me is that there was 19 beheadings in August but only these ones with 'Jihadi John' make the news.

Yeah, it's horrific. But I just do not trust anything on face value. I'm not trying to find out an alternative or anything just that if years from now it all came out that it was not how it seemed in any way, I wouldn't be all "OMG".

America have wanted to attack Syria for a while now, they tried to use the nerve gas attack against innocent children, but Americans and the international community said no. Now that innocent Americans are being killed, they will be able to justify an attack. Is America and even the UK behind it all, is the conspiracy I'm guessing.

Also it is a British man beheading these innocent people, expect some new laws here and two Americans have lost their lives and the next to be killed will be a British man, they have said. So if you do like a good conspiracy, there is a lot to read into rightly or wrongly, just on the surface, without even digging.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    America have wanted to attack Syria for a while now, they tried to use the nerve gas attack against innocent children, but American and the international community said no. Now that innocent Americans are being killed, they will be able to justify an attack. Is America and even the UK behind it all, is the conspiracy I'm guessing.
    Well, it's not really a conspiracy, more of a butterfly effect from decades of myopic & greedy foreign policies on the part of the West - Al Quaida in the first place started gaining popularity in response to overbearing US/UK/Western influences in their parts of the world, notabley North Africa, the horn of Africa and the Middle East. Assad, like Saddam Hussein before him, is painted as brutal dictator in our media. Gassing thousands of people (Hussein) and instigating a system of orchestrated military clampdowns on protesters leading to civil war (Assad) will garner that repuatation. However, secular Iraq was one of the most developed in terms of education, equality & health systems pre-1991 invasion - can't speak for Syria though, I can only guess that it was similar. Regardless, it was/is secular and not as fucked as it could be.

And then pulling some invisible strings to the south are the bankrollers, notably Saudi Arabia whose fundamentalist, yet under the radar treatment of women, prisoners, foreigners and people in general is on a par with Stalinist Russia, North Korea and the like. Yet the West in general, and the US in particular, say and do nothing about all this because of the ready supply of Saudi oil.

Then you've also got the Shia vs Sunni clusterfuck in Iraq which is fucked - currently the Iraqi population is about 60-70% Shia, 20-30% Sunni and 10% Kurdish. This is where Isis (mostly Sunni) come into play - initially funded by the West arming rebels against Assad in Syria and collaborating with Saudi & Qatari backed jihadists, they took the central bank in Mosul and all of a sudden are $250million better off. They are independently wealthy, well-armed and totally insane. The Iraqi infrastructure is bankrupt and in tatters. Their army are incapable of fighting Isis; most Shias further south from Isis-controlled areas in Baghdad are living in fear of being overrun like in Mosul. Added to that, there's a humanitarian disaster rapidly growing on Mt Sinjar, where there's nothing to supports hundreds fleeing from the Isis advance.

Now the obvious, first glance solution is for the well-armed, superior military of the West to get involved and blast Isis to death and arm the locals against them, which would be great if it worked. That's what radicalises populations against them in the first place, notably starting with Said Qutb in Egypt in the early 60s (his writings lead to the founding of Al-Quaida) and the Shah of Iran, a pro-Western puppet king of Iran whose foreign and oil policies essentially signed over all Iranian oil production and ownership to BP from the 50s to 1979 when the Islamic revolution turfed them all out and renationalised their oil. Later on, things get way, way gnarlier in Somalia, Iraqi insurrection post 2003, Afghanistan, etc. Every situation is met with and countered extreme violence, brutality, racism and hatred on all sides.

Major problem is that it's not Darth Vader & Emperor Palaptine vs The Rebel Alliance - no baddies vs goodies here.
    Vested interests from the local power-hungry warlords to arms manufacturers to multi-national oil companies to foreign governments are all standing in the wings waiting to get involved and get their slice of the oil pie. However, something needs to be done to stop Isis, to halt any potential genocide from happening, to help out those in dire need right now. The question is how to do it without kicking up another hornets' nest and creating more generations of "religious" fundamentalists & insurgents or giving the US & Friends the title of World Police.
    Last edited by ciaran; 3rd September 2014 at 01:01 PM.

Ciaran has his head screwed on right.

Edit: crap no beheading crap pun! Real words from him.

Thread Information