Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2012

Thread: The hip-hop thread

Default Re: The hip-hop thread

Quote Originally Posted by kayleigh View Post
    So much fire on this remix....the MGK one sick too but the first verse on this:
    Shit.....forgot bowt this.....blates better than the MGK remix. They be smokin lines of that cane..........waaaaay better. Discuss???????
    Kayleigh is coming.....

Ultra King

That Korahn part made me descend down the youtube rabbit hole and listen to some more UK hip hop. Slumrok and Bisk in this kill it.

My pal who was 41 just died of a heart attack out the blue. RIP Sidewalk magazine too.
    Last edited by kayleigh; 1 Week Ago at 11:59 AM.
    Kayleigh is coming.....

I call for a sidewalk nostalgia montage with however many songs it takes on the edit....please include the above^^^^^^^ (if you do it)
    Kayleigh is coming.....

Mini Goon

Can I just take a moment to point out the absolutely pathetic nonsense that's being forced down our throats atm - The so-called "MGK and Eminem" feud?

I mean c'mon people, how can anyone not see this is just a marketing gimmick from some completely irrelevant rapper (who is desperately trying to gain some publicity by attacking the most popular rapper in the world) and Eminem who, lets face it, is doing anything that he can to not slip out of the limelight for fear that he too will become irrelevant. MGK didn't even write his own lyrics for his diss track and Eminem should surely have far better things to do that drop himself down to this kinda level - he's 45 now for fucks sakes.

/rant.
    http://www.silversideheadwear.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattgilbert View Post
    Let's hope these are not just drunken ramblings. Funny as it was, I'd be much happier if bumwin stopped telling people he was going to kill them. Good on you son.

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
    Can I just take a moment to point out the absolutely pathetic nonsense that's being forced down our throats atm - The so-called "MGK and Eminem" feud?

I mean c'mon people, how can anyone not see this is just a marketing gimmick from some completely irrelevant rapper (who is desperately trying to gain some publicity by attacking the most popular rapper in the world) and Eminem who, lets face it, is doing anything that he can to not slip out of the limelight for fear that he too will become irrelevant. MGK didn't even write his own lyrics for his diss track and Eminem should surely have far better things to do that drop himself down to this kinda level - he's 45 now for fucks sakes.

/rant.
    Don't think anybody here cares about that stuff.

Mate at work was on about all that shit, he likes eminem.
    Weirdly, I have only just seen Childish Gambino's This is America. That dark bit of the track is actually pretty banging even if it is following current trends.
    Aside from the obvious political references... what I took away from it is that the dude feels embarrassed about how easily his culture is hoodwinked by all this shite new hiphop/rap shite.
    He's a comedian and he did their music 1000 times better than they could.
    I'm not going to get into a generic rant about obvious shit but it is all very very silly and fans of that music/hype really should realise that they are not rebels, they are obedient weaklings.

Who gives a fuck? You guys watch the new Big Brother last night too?

Here's what, er, 'inspired' Childish Gambino for the Big Song of the Summer:

Errr, sorry if i'm not on the cutting edge bro, I saw it last night and I found it points out an issue in music and society which I agree with regardless of whether it was a mainstream hit or whether it's from an unsung underground hero. Being cool, different or underground elite is not my concern, the brushing off of issues because it's normie material is a concern.
    The fuck is wrong with this material world?

It's two massive pop stars having a tiff to get press and sell tickets again. It's boring.

What i'm saying is that it's important for people to see what it all is about, rather than get caught up in the trap, and yeah, you're right, it is boring but it's important for people to talk about it enough to realise that it is all fake.
    The material does not concern us, not being fans of either shite side but the fallout for music or the quality of music is, I think. And I don't mean the actual quality of music, it's all subjective, I mean the content being so manufactured for maximum cultural implosion.
    But, I guess humans are just too lazy, greedy, self absorbed to care, that's why we shouldn't care and it's boring right?

Quote Originally Posted by seismic egg View Post
    What i'm saying is that it's important for people to see what it all is about, rather than get caught up in the trap, and yeah, you're right, it is boring but it's important for people to talk about it enough to realise that it is all fake.
    The material does not concern us, not being fans of either shite side but the fallout for music or the quality of music is, I think. And I don't mean the actual quality of music, it's all subjective, I mean the content being so manufactured for maximum cultural implosion.
    But, I guess humans are just too lazy, greedy, self absorbed to care, that's why we shouldn't care and it's boring right?
    Investing time and energy into caring what some pop stars are reported to be saying to each other just seems like a bit of a waste of resources. And that hat guy only posted that to be seen to be engaging with the the forum anyway.

Yeah, agree, people are and it's sad, what they are chattin, that's not my concern. Oh well.
    Last edited by seismic egg; 5 Days Ago at 09:34 AM.

It seems like people are making themselves money off the back of this sort of thing these days. That’s why everyone is pushing it. People’s YT react channels, news, music news, ect. I mean something like a hundred million people have engaged with this ‘beef’ over the last week or two. Imagine getting that many people to talk about anything, any new song, movie, TV show, news story and such. I think they caught the public just at the right time, everyone was getting bored of everything for a second.

It has had a lead on effect of sorts with a lot of the younger rappers now getting called out for making shite music. I mean MGK didn’t even write his own diss track by all accounts. I think it was fun for 5 minutes but now the dust is settling, it just looks stupid.

Kayleigh is coming.....

Thread Information