Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788
Results 1,306 to 1,317 of 1317

Thread: Computer/Software problems Thread

Default Re: Computer/Software problems Thread

Thanks wayout.

Would that resolution not make the 3:4 a bit distorted? Do you mean the black bars on both sides or top and bottom also? so boxed in the middle? I did export with elements 7 as blu-ray previously (a bit excessive) but this new version doesn't allow it.

I also see there are different options for capturing: WDM, HD, DV. Would WDM be okay for hi-8 using an s-video cable rather than the firewire? Also capturing the digital8 this way? Like I said, I get dropped frames capturing with firewire/dv but if it's worth upgrading this rusty computer I've been using for capturing I could upgrade.

Thanks again for your help and sorry for all the questions.

I recently upgraded my iPhone to the new iOS and iTunes (12.2.2.25, latest version) now can't recognize it.
    I'm still running OS 10.7.5 as I use Adobe CS5 and don't want to (well, cannot) lose that.
    I think upgrading to OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) would enable me to sync my phone with iTunes and keep CS5 running well.
    Now how and where can I upgrade my Mac to Mountain Lion and not the new Sierra thing? Do I need to buy a CD in an Apple store or can I simply find it online (I tried to do that but fucked up)? Thank you.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post
    I recently upgraded my iPhone to the new iOS and iTunes (12.2.2.25, latest version) now can't recognize it.
    I'm still running OS 10.7.5 as I use Adobe CS5 and don't want to (well, cannot) lose that.
    I think upgrading to OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) would enable me to sync my phone with iTunes and keep CS5 running well.
    Now how and where can I upgrade my Mac to Mountain Lion and not the new Sierra thing? Do I need to buy a CD in an Apple store or can I simply find it online (I tried to do that but fucked up)? Thank you.
    Most apple stores no longer stock the disk for mountain lion, but you can buy it through the Apple online store and get a App Store redemption code for it emailed to you.

after a little bit of work I managed to get cs5 running on El Capitan, so you should be able to go beyond mountain lion without an issue depending on the age of the mac.
    Last edited by Garlic_Naan; 30th December 2016 at 08:16 AM.

Good news! Thank you Sir!
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post
    Good news! Thank you Sir!
    I think I have a Mountain Lion install disc floating about somewhere, I'll send it your way if I can find it.
    Whatever you do though, don't upgrade to Sierra. I've heard folks having nothing but problems with it.

Oh, that would be awesome! Thanks a lot!

does anyone have any spare web hosting space that they would let me host a domain on? just bought one only to do a redirect of a few URLs, but found out after that my hosting package only allows for one website and can't pay £50 a year extra for a website with nothing on it
    Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin View Post
    If someone flipped the water tower gap I'd give them a handjob.

I have an old Mac (MacBook Pro, OS X 10.7.5) and am thinking about installing Yosemite on it. Is this going to slow it down loads? Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoutskates View Post
    does anyone have any spare web hosting space that they would let me host a domain on? just bought one only to do a redirect of a few URLs, but found out after that my hosting package only allows for one website and can't pay £50 a year extra for a website with nothing on it
    You don't need to host a website to do redirects. Just redirect from the DNS using CNAME.

"Due to recent activity related to copyright infringement on your Facebook account, you can't upload videos."

Anyone know how long this lasts for?

Ultra King

Right, could anyone help me at all? My laptop just keeps restarting and bringing up a blue screen with the below error

Stop code: DRIVER PAGE FAULT IN FREED SPECIAL POOL
    What failed: bcmwl664sys
    "The idea that skateboards are made for rolling… Busenitz understands this."

i want to add some usb 3.0 slots to my pc, does anyone know if there is an advantage to buying this, with a sata power connector

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-E-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM

compared to this, which is just plug and play

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cord-free-Expansion-Controller-Additional-Connection/dp/B00JEVLCZI/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_lp_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&re fRID=J4YY8XRCRJ9ESZ3Z2YBZ

not actually sure what it's for
    Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin View Post
    If someone flipped the water tower gap I'd give them a handjob.

Thread Information