Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1401

Thread: Computer/Software problems Thread

Default Re: Computer/Software problems Thread

Quote Originally Posted by andyo View Post
    You're never going to see the same quality on Youtube, because the site doesn't usually achieve the bitrate required for the quality selected. Additionally, if you have keyframes that last longer than I think 5 seconds (double check that), the site inserts keyframes based on a "best guess" algo, meaning frames that occur before a scene change but after the 5 second mark will likely be significantly reduced in quality.

Something else to consider is that bitrate you've selected with the camera. Blu-ray sits at at least double what you've selected, so after processing I can understand a drop in quality. I don't know much about how Adobe Elements renders video, but if it compresses with a lossy codec that's going to have a huge impact on the end product. That camera of yours can supposedly do up to 28Mbps, but 17 should give you a slight improvement for now.

Also, 25fps? You're losing a lot of frames there, your camera shoots in 30fps or 60fps. Youtube supports 30fps, stick with native as much as you can.
    Thanks Andyo.

I thought I'd set the setting to the highest but seems they have reverted back to standard. Ive set them back to 'Highest Quality FH' and 50 progressive. There is the option of 'Highest Quality FX' but this means the video isn't progressive any longer so will give them both a go and see what works best (along with the 30fps).
    Last edited by monkeybrains; 1 Week Ago at 08:10 PM.

isnt there also that thing called frame doubling or something along those lines? essentially say you want a higher bitrate 1080p vid you'd export at 3840x2160 instead and then the 1080p version on youtube would have the higher bitrate. been a while since i've done any video stuff so i could be wrong. that being said i'd probably look at doing uncompressed exports from whatever editing software you use and then encode it using h265 or something similar using handbrake etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcomply View Post
    i'd probably look at doing uncompressed exports from whatever editing software you use and then encode it using h265 or something similar using handbrake etc.
    It does have h265 as an option but is it better to export uncompressed from elements then h265 it from handbrake?

i dunno how elements would do h265 exports etc as i've only used sony vegas but ive seen vegas presets do terrible things to colors/compression so i've always found it best to do an untouched render from vegas and then compress it with handbrake.

I'll make sure the camera settings are set to their highest, then export uncompressed to be converted to h265 with handbrake.

Thanks all.

Initiate

isnt there also that thing called frame doubling or something along those lines? essentially say you want a higher bitrate 1080p vid you'd export at 3840x2160 instead and then the 1080p version on youtube would have the higher bitrate. been a while since i've done any video stuff so i could be wrong. that being said i'd probably look at doing uncompressed exports from whatever editing software you use and then encode it using h265 or something similar using handbrake etc.
    You mean interlacing? Yeah, youtube doesn't support it.

i'm not sure if it's interlacing, was discussing it with my friend a while ago and essentially he just described it as a way to get around youtubes compression for 1080p by upscaling it to 3840x2160 which allows for higher bitrates. in theory it'd make sense since yt 1080p is 8mbps and 4k is something like 40mbps so 4k compressed to 1080p would probably look a lot better than 1080p after youtube's compressed it down. or maybe i'm talking shit and have no idea what i'm talking about but it looked pretty accurate when my friend told me.

Youtube preset in Media Encoder cures all.
    Effectively, it's H264 format, 1920x1080, target bit rate 16mb/s, progressive (i.e, no interlacing - that's for old TV's only, not computers & devices), maximum render quality on, AAC 48khz audio at 320 bitrate... This spits out an mp4 that will play on everything.

Initiate

i'm not sure if it's interlacing, was discussing it with my friend a while ago and essentially he just described it as a way to get around youtubes compression for 1080p by upscaling it to 3840x2160 which allows for higher bitrates. in theory it'd make sense since yt 1080p is 8mbps and 4k is something like 40mbps so 4k compressed to 1080p would probably look a lot better than 1080p after youtube's compressed it down. or maybe i'm talking shit and have no idea what i'm talking about but it looked pretty accurate when my friend told me.
    Erm... Kinda flawed logic here, since you're starting out with something at 1080p in the first place. Upscaling and then downscaling will result in worse quality, unless the compression algorithm for compressing 1080p is significantly worse than the compression algo for 4k. I can't really see Youtube being that shoddily designed.

Honestly, just use Ciaran's suggestion, and up your source quality - i.e. your camera settings.

Thanks Ciaran - will look into that

It seems I have to subscribe to creative cloud to get Media Encoder. I can't really justify paying out for that just to get the Encoder ,seeing as I have paid for Elements (plus an old version of Photoshop which works for my needs).

Shame as would have been perfect.

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrains View Post
    It seems I have to subscribe to creative cloud to get Media Encoder. I can't really justify paying out for that just to get the Encoder ,seeing as I have paid for Elements (plus an old version of Photoshop which works for my needs).

Shame as would have been perfect.
    You can input these settings into MPEG Streamclip, which is free. Open your video in there, and select to export as MP4 and away you go... just remember to untick "interlaced scaling".

Quote Originally Posted by jwdharris16 View Post
    You can input these settings into MPEG Streamclip, which is free.".
    Will give that a go.

Thanks again all.

Has anyone used a landing page generator site (like unbounce or instapages) to create a multi-step form that doesn't load up a whole new page.

I'm not signed up to anyone yet but I'll go with anyone that can accomplish it but it doesn't look like any of them will.

Or has someone used one on WordPress? I can't really be arsed to go down that route but maybe I'll have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Unnamed skateboard companies, patios, Alan Shearer, Ric Flair, Palace, patios again, Scrooge McDuck, Jimmy Saville and a Jack the Ripper conspiracy, proper use of apostrophes, Stu Forder, anon's short Mills & Boon writing career, Rye wanking in a cupboard, repressed freestylers and finally Les Zeppelin's short intro to a romance novel.

Initiate

I despise "code generators" in general, it's a lazy solution to a non-existent problem. I'm willing to bet that it would also take me just as much time to set up a page with a given provider as it would to build my own, but YMMV.

Forms are easy, particularly if you separate the steps into tabbed JS. Means you don't need to muck around with POST, either, until right at your last step. That cuts out the middleman too, meaning you don't need to pay either for the template, or for the hosting. My preferred JS solution is easytabs: https://os.alfajango.com/easytabs/

You can hide the tab titles pretty easily, and by default the animation between divs is a simple fade which looks reasonably sleek without being OTT.
    If you're targeting mobile users, it gets a touch more complicated with @media in CSS, but even then I consider it a better option with more granular control over the branding image.

However, if you need to do this over and over again, it might be worth browsing through some of the examples. From a very quick look, unbounce looks like a more professional solution to the naked eye. However, their SSL is dodgy, which is indicative of lazy coding. Instapage looks like it has a very good integration solution, but has far overcomplicated the delivery.

What are you driving here, and what's your target audience?

Edit: More thoughts: Advertising is changing fairly quickly at the moment, especially given the whole "data privacy scandal yadda yadda". It's usually questionable how much impact anything less than a major brand will have without seriously refining the advertising target, which is why I'm experimenting at the moment with separating the analytics, keyword-driven clicks, campaign etc from the content itself. I'm going to do this essentially by refining the product homepage to be somewhere between what it is currently, and what you might expect from a landing page. Given that the product homepage is one canvas on a Single-Page site, I'm hoping that the end result is that I get more interaction with the whole brand, rather than interaction with the product alone. I'm no expert, mind you, and much of this is purely based on experiments with niche sites, but if my hunch is correct it might imply that complex campaigns really don't add enough value to smaller brands to be necessary or useful.

That's also potentially interesting given that the facebook advertising campaign I started with a few months ago has seen a huge drop in response, to the extent that I'm looking at dropping it altogether in favour of an automated post-bot (which might possibly be slightly against TOS but...)
    Last edited by andyo; 3 Days Ago at 08:11 PM.

Thread Information