Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace Steven 'Bingo' Binks

Ultra King

Default Re: Really hoping this is a mix up but...

I got the call last night. Still trying to process the news.
    Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP.

Speechless.......

RIP BINGO

xx

he'd get a chuckle out of knowing the planks getting dusted off as soon as it dries up, wish it was for a better reason.

rip bing, you will be missed.

Widdler

First met Bingo when I started skateboarding and was always an inspiration to me. One of the soundest most easy going guys I have ever met and am still in shock to hear the news. It was only yesterday when I spoke to him about a redcar sesh that he unfortunately never made it too, just shows how easily your life can be taken from you. Im glad to say Bingo lived life to its fullest as you can tell from the vast amount of friends he had in/out of the skateboard community who will be feeling a great loss today. Proud to say I knew you mate RIP.

‹bermensch

I want this to be not true, I'm hoping someone has got something wrong, I'm truly destroyed, i'm writing this with tears in my eyes

I was on my way through to the shop, like i usually do, and I got an odd message from a mutual friend on saying something was wrong

Tried calling the shop a couple of times and a few friends, who also had no idea

Got the awful news yesterday afternoon! I'm going to miss him so much

A good friend and skateboarder for too long, we used to always talk shit about unimportant stuff, usually laughing our heads off for hours, he used to take the piss out of my questionable (at times) footwear!
    Thought I'd finally won him over when I walked in with a ralph lauren teeshirt on for him to refer to it as an asda green! Twat, never really wore it again.

Always making me film a trick again and again, because he didnt like the light, always motivated to go skating even when most people about weren't, especially me.
    Always telling me about new spots he'd found, and thinking of tricks I could do on them, that was the type of guy he was.

We always used to laugh about the fact he hadn't had a bird in so long, I think he was satisfied with the stories we used to tell about what we got upto, and occasionally saying that he didnt really have time for a bird, with all the shop, skateboarding, filming and internet nonsense

His life truly revolved around what we see as a passtime, a hobby, something to enjoy! He loved it, hes probably been to more places than most people will in their lifetime, and judging by his pictures/footage looks to have been a blast

Im gonna miss the big bear!! Whos gonna sort out my dress sense now!

All my love and thoughts

Rest in Peace Steven "Bingo" Binks

Danny

P.S Bingo if this is a very early april fools joke, its fucking shit!
    Don't worry - its nothing a drink can't fix

www.legacyskatestore.co.uk

Ultra King

never met him, but from what posts ive seen on here he seemed like a proper decent bloke. it is always terrible to hear when skateboarding has lost someone, especially when it is someone who was so important to their local scene (after reading calows post its blatantly obvious just how involved he was)

thoughts are with family and friends. all the best. remember the good times.

josh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin View Post
    James May once entered a James May look-a-like contest and came third. Joshhammond was victorious that day

Ultra King

My condolences to all family and friends, I am sorry for your loss and I wish you all my very best in this hard time. So sorry to hear this, he was a top bloke. R.I.P

‹bermensch

I never met Steve but he was an absolute gentleman, hooking me up with loads of goodies when I needed to get hold of the shop vid, Ignite and we spoke on the phone a few times and he was charming and engaging to talk to.

RIP. Condolences to his family and friends.
    "At least when you're at the bottom, you know which way is up"

Widdler

Absolutely gutted by the news and my condolences and thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Bingo was one of my first reps when he worked for DVS and I'll always be grateful for the invaluable advice he gave me on opening the shop (focus).

Although I hadn't seen him in a few years, I made a point of keeping in touch as he was one of the few within the industry I could speak to about business and was always one of the first people I'd turn to when I needed advice.

RIP Bingo a true gent. You'll be sadly missed mate.

best dude. funniest fucker. most knowledgable. loved skating. down for his family, his mates and his scene

RIP pal. you will be sorely missed

x

Goon

RIP one the nicest guys I've ever known, thoughts go out to your family, you will be missed so much.

‹bermensch

very sad news. rest in peace man

Terrible news. Thoughts to all his family and friends.

RIP Bingo.
    Shout going out to Potsy. Your Mum looks like she's made out of pipe cleaners. Get her off the wizz.

www.legacyskatestore.co.uk

‹bermensch

Every time I met Bingo he had a smile on his face and knew how to make me laugh. I remember just cruising around Silksworth skatepark on his massive film board he lent me to skate when I snapped mine on arrival. A prime example of how generous a guy he was. Just cheering up a a sad kid gutted about his snapped board.
    Bingo did so much for the north-eastern skate scene, Middlesbrough in particular. Such a rad bloke and a top notch geezer, completely sucks dick to hear this news, thoughts and condolences go out to him and his family, RIP Bingo, you'll never be forgotten.

Mini Goon

A true beacon of UK skateboarding, he leaves behind a legacy . . .

He was generous in friendship, hospitality & opinion (He let me stay a few times when in 94/95 when I was trying to do the same, rubbing 2 skateboard pennies together)

You will be missed Steve

Ride On

Alex

Thread Information