Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Injury Advice Thread

Ultra King

Default Re: Injury Advice Thread

if all of you did this one simple exercise you would be a hundred times better off in the long run with your knees. A few sets a few times a week would take no time at all and it's way better than going for a spluttery and wheezy run. And for entertainment value I chose a video with Triple H teaching it.

Quote Originally Posted by kayleigh View Post
    Did it feel loose immediately after doing it?
    No. It felt stiff when I did it but I sat down, chilled for about 15 minutes then could get up, walk and stand on my board normally, even if it hurt a bit, but nothing crazy. From severe pain to mild pain in 15 minutes but it hasn't really improved ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by kayleigh View Post
    Does it "clunk" at the moment?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    What he said really.
    You may have just stretched a ligament awkwardly or something.
    Steadily strengthen it back without too much shock.
    I've been silly playing footy and skating so soon after being fixed.
    Calling the doctor on Monday morning if it hasn't improved by then I suppose.
    Never had problems with my knees but don't want that to start now.

THANK YOU ALL.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Ive been skating around with a ruptured pcl for last year and a half. its been ok the last couple of weeks until i tweaked it last night, ive had a small surgery on it already but it didnt do much, the next step is full reconstruction but from how it feels now i dont thnk it will ever be fixed so i jus keep skating on it :\
    ◕‿◕

I'm going to the sports care unit or whatever it might be called at the hospital tomorrow.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Sort of similar to what I did Franc. I landed a bit straight legged and my knee went backwards and there was an audible pop. I thought I was fucked for a good 20 mins but then it started to feel ok. Ever since though I have had pain in the nights and a general ache in and around the knee and feel like I have no power at all.
    This was maybe 4 years ago now. It was at the second Burton Skatepark jam so I could pin point exactly when on here I guess ha.
    Had an MRI a couple of months ago. Rang for results and receptionist said it came back all fine. Asked for doctor to ring me back and when he did I had no signal. So I still need to make an appointment to discuss it and further options.
    Hope you get to the bottom of your injury too man.

No audible pop for me. Did something kind of similar years ago and it only hurt for a few weeks, then it never bothered me again. I was younger though.

Fingers crossed. I never ever rolled an ankle or had any serious problems with my knees, hopefully I'll keep on being lucky.

Ultra King

Sounds like arthritis. If an MRI comes back fine and an X-ray shows no damage as well then I wouldn't be surprised.mwe are all doomed to get it anyway.

Ligament elongation apparently. The doctor checked me out (and chilled), and told me that I could skate as long as I "listened to my body" and didn't force anything, so I won't lose muscle and I'll stay in good shape. I'm kinda scared to skate now but I'm probably just freaking out and will forget about my fears as soon as I'll be popping nollie flips happily.

Got plantar fasciitis (jogger's heel) too, which is apparently very common for athletes like us.
    Nothing that can't be cured with a few exercises at home on the daily.

YES.

is that the same as stretched ligaments?
    If so I'm gonna feel reet smart.
    Listen to your body?
    I am not sure that's always a good thing beyond a certain age.
    Mine creaks, cracks, pops and moans loads these days. I'd rather not be listening to all that.
    Skating on roids + Lance Mountain swearing and talking about how fit he is?? Really weird

Mine seems alright. Skating keeps me mentally sane which helps being and feeling healthy I suppose. I miss skating now though, and the recent boozing and this bloody heat wave turned me into a pile. Back to the ledgetarian diet soon!

Ultra King

Think this was filmed by the James behind the Cheese on Skate Brighton videos? Either way, good stuff<.
    Last edited by Mad Max; 9th March 2018 at 10:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by frome_skater View Post
    I always thought it was called sidewalk becuase when you skate you walk sideways
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin
    I checked it and I chilled

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

Think this was filmed by the James behind the Cheese on Skate Brighton videos? Either way, good stuff<.
    No it's the guy behind Sheff scene vids like Brass Monkey

That 'documentary' was totally pointless and basically complete rip off of Jacob Harris aesthetic

Thread Information