Page 859 of 863 FirstFirst ... 359759809849857858859860861 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,885 of 12932

Thread: In the news today thread.

Default Re: In the news today thread.

Might be one of the most disgusting cases I've ever learned of:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...darknet-jailed

the worst of the worst.

I hope that boy can get the best possible care moving forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    im not a racist you just look like a potato

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Mews View Post
    Might be one of the most disgusting cases I've ever learned of:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...darknet-jailed
    Fucking hell.
    This is insane...
    Like, I obviously always knew those kind of acts were the worst kind of crime...but having a small person myself now...I just start sweating and have so many emotions running through me. All I want to do is hold onto her and protect because what fucking world have I just brought her into?

The worst kind of crime in the world...it just takes away something so pure and special.

That kid is going to be fucked, forever. All over essentially a few quid.

Itís just impossible to relate to in any way. You just canít get your mind around why any human would ever do that.

Innit, feel like bawling after reading that. 12 years? dudes need their hands and sex organs melted by lava.

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by seismic egg View Post
    Innit, feel like bawling after reading that. 12 years? dudes need their hands and sex organs melted by lava.
    Jesus. Definitely something medieval warranted

How can there be a God when things like this go down? The most horrifying thing I think I've ever heard in my life, that poor, poor kid.
    Get down with your bad self
    skateboardrumours.co.uk

Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP.

I feel like we need something like this now. I want off this rollercoaster:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/politi...xit-2018-8?utm

Won't let me read it right now because of adblocker. But from the title, damn, this is what I have been saying should be happening a long time ago.
    The old way is done, new ideas right across the board.

HS2 needs fucking off too, I swear it's only to get payouts for shareholders behind the scenes of certain contractors etc.

Here's the text:

LONDON — Politicians from across the political spectrum have been holding secret talks about forging a new centrist political movement, well-placed sources from all the major parties have told Business Insider.

If it goes ahead, it would be a new home for MPs who are opposed to Brexit and feel left behind in the centre ground as the Conservatives and Labour have shifted towards ever-more polarised positions.

Rumours about the plans have been ongoing for some time.

The Express newspaper reported this week on a series of private getaways by centrist Labour MPs, with other reports suggesting that a number of Labour MPs have come close to triggering a formal split of the party over the ongoing antisemitism row in the party.

Meanwhile last month, The Sunday Times reported that Sir Vince Cable, leader of the Liberal Democrats, missed a House of Commons vote on Brexit legislation to discuss the creation of a centrist, anti-Brexit party over dinner.

Cable admitted attending a "confidential private discussion" but denied it was to do with a new political party.

Well-placed sources have told Business Insider that MPs from different parties, including Cable, are indeed talking to each other about creating a new political force in Westminster.

Chuka Umunna Jack Taylor/Getty Images

Who is in the frame?
    Labour's Chuka Umunna and Conservative MP Anna Soubry are figures who sources say are actively involved in these discussions. Umunna has previously denied reports that he is behind plans for a new party called "Back Together."

Chris Leslie, Labour MP for Nottingham East, is also central to discussions about a new centrist movement, sources have told BI. Other names mentioned by those close to the discussions include Labour's Gavin Shuker and the Conservatives' Heidi Allen, who tellingly was the first Tory MP to publicly criticise the former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson for his comments about Muslim women this week.

Those MPs said to be involved were contacted for comment by BI but did not respond by the time of publication.

However, don't expect anything to materialise soon. Although talks are underway, they are at an early stage and a long way from specific proposals as to what form this new force could take, sources familiar with the talks said.

One source with privileged knowledge of what was discussed in a recent meeting told BI: "Even if I wanted to leak something from the meeting, I really don’t know what it would be. It was so vague."

The creation of a new party is one suggestion. As is Labour and Conservative MPs defecting to the Liberal Democrats.

Insiders admit both ideas are unrealistic, and what's more likely is Conservative and Labour MPs breaking from their whips to form a de facto parliamentary grouping, which would work together on an issue-by-issue basis.

Cable has been "sounding out" MPs who could be interested in forming an alliance with Lib Dem MPs after Brexit talks conclude next year, a source close the party has told BI.

Plus, it's unlikely that Cable is going to order his troops to pack their bags and merge into a new political party any time soon, with the Lib Dems at the latter stages of major plans for wholesale party reform.

Vince Cable
    Sir Vince Cable. Reuters

"Project Ozark"
    Even within the current party system, many are looking to bring in figures from outside their formal structures.

Lib Dem leader Vince Cable is set to announce a series of proposed reforms in the autumn, which if they pass would see non-party members vote in leadership contests, and people who aren't MPs running in leadership contests.

The latter could lead to anti-Brexit campaigner Gina Miller becoming a future leader of the party, according to recent reports. Miller, who famously took Theresa May's government to court over the Article 50 process, is currently penciled in to speak at the party's conference in Brighton next month. A senior Lib Dem source said the party has not approached Miller about the role and does not intend to.

The reforms — known internally as "Project Ozark" after initially being named "Project X" — are designed to transform the Lib Dems by opening up the party to the wider public. They were inspired at least in part, by Tom Pitfield, a political strategist who worked for Emmanuel Macron and Justin Trudeau, who is currently advising Cable.

The party also has a new slogan, "Demand Better," which insiders say was the result of weeks of deliberation. In summary, the Lib Dems have no plans to give up on the party in its current form.

So as things stand, while private discussions about a new centrist cross-party movement are taking place, they are still in their infancy.

However, with British politics becoming increasingly fractious, the time when current rigid party system splits for good, may come sooner than many expect.

I'd vote for something called Project X.

his name is ed milliband
    Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by skateharrogate View Post
    He is amazing, but aesthetically that hair is not pleasing to me.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
    This definitely isn't fucking sketchy, nor does it confirm that the deepest of tin foil theories regarding a Satanic deep state and pedogate are all clearly true.

Human trafficking sex ring in Bogota busted

Also, it definitely doesn't have anything to do with that actress from that Smallville TV show being a recruiter for a sex cult that brands its victims.

Go watch Love Island
    Also this, US suspect was training children to commit school shootings. this definitely isn't sketchy either, nor is the fact that the guy arrested, Siraj Ibn Wahhaj, is the son of Siraj Wahhaj who is directly implicated in the 1993 World Trade centre bombing - deffo nothing to that.

Also, the fact that Alex Jones (as batshit insane as he is) who has been banging on about precisely the above for years gets banned from Facebook and YouTube the day that this news broke isn't at all sketchy either.

Good night.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoutskates View Post
    his name is ed milliband
    wait that was project mayhem
    Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by skateharrogate View Post
    He is amazing, but aesthetically that hair is not pleasing to me.

Haha I'd love to see ed miliband waiting outside someone's house with bruises all over his face getting abused for 3 days before being allowed to come in and make soap.
    What a ridiculous clusterfuck of totally uncool jokers.

Thread Information