Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop, rewind, play

Default Stop, rewind, play

The sensational David Gonzalez thread got me thinking...

With the abundance of footage that gets released daily nowadays, it's easy to either watch too much uninteresting shit or miss great things, and also forget great videos, edits and even clips that could be memorable, isn't it?
    During the last 5 years, I have bought quite a few videos (on DVD or via iTunes) that I liked but didn't watch more than 4 or 5 times I think...

I know we have a footage links thread, but suppose we're all the same when we don't check the forum for a week or even less, can't be arsed to check every little thing in there (and on hellaclips), but don't want to miss anything special...
    So here's the thread where we can re-post clips, sections or videos that we really like, that we'll watch with great pleasure many more times, instead of re-re-posting them in the other thread.
    A thread for the easily forgotten and, or, sadly underrated skateboard-related cinematographical wonders.

Straight outta Classy ABP Central, hehe.

Don't know if this is going to work, but I'll get the ball rolling with Josh Matthews' Welcome to Huf clip:

Last edited by françois; 24th September 2012 at 07:59 PM.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Default Re: Stop, rewind, play

Do they have to be recent?

I used to love this before a skate. Some years after it was originally released too. Dave Coyne had a section and I loved it.
    Tiltmode stuff too. Jose Rojo was coming up I think then. Messing around and good vibes by Hsu and Johnson.
    Stuff I could rewatch over and over.

Übermensch

About half of the views are mine

Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Freshkid View Post
    So u like celine Dion computer games and weed do u see me being a cunt 2 u Live and let live

Übermensch

listened to the song everyday for about 2 years too

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Do they have to be recent?
    Nope. Anything you like and watch a lot might make us skate rats happy too!
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Just rewatched that Boserio clip, had completely forgotten about it, and it's sooo good. Janoski's section definitely made my evening better too. Thanks!

Jake Donnelly in that recent Real vid. The Smithgrind at the Library is just immense.

Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post
    Nope. Anything you like and watch a lot might make us skate rats happy too!
    Anything Janoski. He has Peter Crouch syndrome. Tall and leggy, shouldn't be able to be so coordinated.

The Johnson Tiltmode section. I rate this highly. Fun and good.

Yes Mush. This is one of my favourites and it came slightly before my time. Always stoked to remember this part:

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Unnamed skateboard companies, patios, Alan Shearer, Ric Flair, Palace, patios again, Scrooge McDuck, Jimmy Saville and a Jack the Ripper conspiracy, proper use of apostrophes, Stu Forder, anon's short Mills & Boon writing career, Rye wanking in a cupboard, repressed freestylers and finally Les Zeppelin's short intro to a romance novel.

You forgot to watch (or check) the section you posted Mush! Got Man Down for my 20th birthday and watched MJ's section thousands of times. So good!
    Here it is:

This has to be on the first page of this thread too:

And a video I have and do not ever shut up about, FTC Penal Code. Who's that lady, Isley Brothers just got mentioned on Never Mind the Buzzcocks and that was a strong track on that video.

That Renaoud section got drowned out by the superstar types. I rated his stuff on that video too.

Administrator

Deffo gay for Gilbert

Übermensch

Still makes me want to top up my oyster

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Unnamed skateboard companies, patios, Alan Shearer, Ric Flair, Palace, patios again, Scrooge McDuck, Jimmy Saville and a Jack the Ripper conspiracy, proper use of apostrophes, Stu Forder, anon's short Mills & Boon writing career, Rye wanking in a cupboard, repressed freestylers and finally Les Zeppelin's short intro to a romance novel.

Quote Originally Posted by lillsee View Post

and

Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Freshkid View Post
    So u like celine Dion computer games and weed do u see me being a cunt 2 u Live and let live

Thread Information