Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidewalk website content

Default Sidewalk website content

It seems the site is updated with a new news feature or video once a week at best these days? I know the social media channels are updated more frequently but wouldn't it be great to have Sidewalk give exposure to some lesser known UK crews and scenes on a regular basis?

Sort of like when a new 'Thrasher' part comes out. Get the little Sidewalk watermark in the top corner. There must be plenty of skaters out there making video parts?
    Quote Originally Posted by viva!sue View Post
    who hasn't got a second account these days?

‹bermensch

Default Re: Sidewalk website content

Agree

Yep. Good shout.

I guess it's a question of how much you can achieve with very little resources?
    ...kiss me with apocalypse.

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by deegwaad View Post
    I guess it's a question of how much you can achieve with very little resources?
    Yeah ultimately it does come down to that, compensating filmers etc. but feel like if people spent the time researching smaller and younger scenes/ crews and offered them the opportunity to have their videos and parts hosted on the Sidewalk site with IG posts etc. a lot of them would leap at the chance for the exposure.

I'm not saying get kids to provide free content that you will profit off from ad revenue but think a lot of younger kids who would be doing what they are doing regardless of if Sidewalk hit them up and would be even more motivated if SW offered a small amount of money.

Though maybe I'm out of touch and kids don't really give a shit and would rather the IG likes than being hosted on SW, I suppose to younger generations the name has lost the clout it had 10 years ago

Would be an interesting thing to try out though I feel
    Last edited by Haven_Hamilton; 10th April 2018 at 01:40 PM.

There's already skateboarding on TV.

More DeCuna and Swag Lord please

‹bermensch ihatethegeneralpublic's Avatar

More Uncle Someone.

‹bermensch

What about a submission program? People send in a short clip, maybe a minute long or so, and if it's any good it gets wrapped up in a short compilation and stuck on the site, as well as youtube maybe? It's a couple extra pennies, and it's a bit of a shout out for local crews if it's done right.

I could be massively underestimating the work that goes into that sort of thing, but it would be interesting to see nonetheless.

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by andyo View Post
    What about a submission program? People send in a short clip, maybe a minute long or so, and if it's any good it gets wrapped up in a short compilation and stuck on the site, as well as youtube maybe? It's a couple extra pennies, and it's a bit of a shout out for local crews if it's done right.

I could be massively underestimating the work that goes into that sort of thing, but it would be interesting to see nonetheless.
    Compilation could be a nightmare as you'll get footage filmed on potatoes, all the way to the Ty Evans' super cam 3000.

People could just submit their full edits to Sidewalk. They can email them directly or there could be some submission form on the website, like Hellaclips do. I think there has to be some quality control, however. If it's just every edit, then it becomes hard for viewers to sift through and know what's worth watching.

I post mine on here and they sometimes get picked up. I'm always stoked when they do.

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by Dent Face View Post

I post mine on here and they sometimes get picked up. I'm always stoked when they do.
    That's what I've always done and, disregarding the work ones with famous people in, I'm over the moon if they get posted (and usually shocked as my personal stuff rarely contains any skating of merit). To be fair Ben and Jono (and the likes of Rye & Horsley before) have always had their fingers on the pulse of provincial town skateboarding and shared clips from the most random of little scenes.

To be fair they have been doing their best to show different scenes lately, as far as I can see. Unless they are working with someone for a Sidewalk only edit, the are showcasing other people/scenes. They can only work with whats being put out there. Plus they are trying out new ideas, so they're really not sitting on their arse waiting for it to come to them too.

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by volstenhulme View Post
    shared clips from the most random of little scenes.
    That's what I'm saying though I feel for something like this to work they should reach out to these kids and be like 'how do you fancy working on something for the site?' rather than wait for clips and repost them. Light a fire under these younger kids and get them hyped to get out there in the streets and put together projects they can be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dent Face View Post
    They can email them directly or there could be some submission form on the website...
    Imagine being the person who had to go through the submissions. Fuck that.

Thread Information