Page 172 of 173 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173 LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2582

Thread: Continually Updated Interview Thread

Übermensch

Default Re: Continually Updated Interview Thread

Hmm yeah I guess he counts

Übermensch

Be interested if there are any others but I can't think. I mean maybe with how cheap travel is these days where you actually 'live' doesn't matter so much. Just is mad on paper how it is ultimately one of the best/ most skate friendly cities in the world yet the laidback/ party lifestyle of the city over-powers that

Übermensch

"far from being done yet"
    Disapears after two sections. Such a shame. I wish we got to see William Phan grow into one of the all time euro greats.

Moving to Barca definitely helped Flo Marfaing's career but yeah, overall I totally agree with Haven. Everyone moves there and kinda just chills out except for the Sour dudes.

It's great to hear Sean Smith is back on a board and getting flowed stuff. I really hope he fully comes back.
    www.seriousadult.com

Mini Goon

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryconroy View Post
    "far from being done yet"
    Disapears after two sections. Such a shame. I wish we got to see William Phan grow into one of the all time euro greats.

Moving to Barca definitely helped Flo Marfaing's career but yeah, overall I totally agree with Haven. Everyone moves there and kinda just chills out except for the Sour dudes.

It's great to hear Sean Smith is back on a board and getting flowed stuff. I really hope he fully comes back.
    No I agree with Haven about that too. Didn't mean to sound obtuse. So many people go out to live there but don't film much and just enjoy themselves. I was trying to think of any exceptions to that. I guess Shier lived there for a bit and filmed some of his static part.?

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by SotonJon View Post
    No I agree with Haven about that too. Didn't mean to sound obtuse. So many people go out to live there but don't film much and just enjoy themselves. I was trying to think of any exceptions to that. I guess Shier lived there for a bit and filmed some of his static part.?
    Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to call you out. I just thought the Matix quote was funny as it was so off the mark.
    Karim told me he is super tekkers at computers and was kind of over not making any money from skating and got a job doing some kind of tech security for the French or Spanish government. Hacking into their systems and showing them their flaws or something. I wouldn't quote me/him on that though, It was a pretty hazy conversation.
    www.seriousadult.com

I guess Shier lived there for a bit and filmed some of his static part.?
    I thought he was there most of MFWTCB too and beyond.

Ultra King

can see how he got blown out in barca, very easy to get smashed there really. don't think i'd ever have it in me to live in barca or berlin, i'd get very burnt out verrrrry quickly
    "The idea that skateboards are made for rolling… Busenitz understands this."

Mini Goon

Oh right. Yeh, that sounds plausible. I remember skating in the mid-2000s at Macba and seeing him roll around and hit every thing in his path. I mean landing every trick to bolts like it was nothing. He genuinely didn't look like he gave a fuck. Like he was sleep-walking through every line. Nothing was thought through. Yeh I think I heard Karim saying something about him just being over it like he didn't want sponsorship anymore but I can't remember the details. It's a shame in a way that he didn't produce more footage but I guess it means nothing has been diluted like some pros who put out regular parts of varying quality

Übermensch

Oh right. Yeh, that sounds plausible. I remember skating in the mid-2000s at Macba and seeing him roll around and hit every thing in his path. I mean landing every trick to bolts like it was nothing. He genuinely didn't look like he gave a fuck. Like he was sleep-walking through every line. Nothing was thought through. Yeh I think I heard Karim saying something about him just being over it like he didn't want sponsorship anymore but I can't remember the details. It's a shame in a way that he didn't produce more footage but I guess it means nothing has been diluted like some pros who put out regular parts of varying quality
    Like when a rapper dies young. Phan's technical peak seemed to be his footage in nothing but the truth and then he ghosted. I wonder if being reduced to a bonus feature was a factor in his departure.
    Last edited by gregoryconroy; 5 Days Ago at 06:37 PM.
    www.seriousadult.com

Mini Goon

Quote Originally Posted by Haven_Hamilton View Post
    Be interested if there are any others but I can't think. I mean maybe with how cheap travel is these days where you actually 'live' doesn't matter so much. Just is mad on paper how it is ultimately one of the best/ most skate friendly cities in the world yet the laidback/ party lifestyle of the city over-powers that
    I think it's hard to concentrate on skating productively when there's so much else to do. You're right.

I was wondering about like Kenny Reed, Penny, the guys on the 'Streets of Barcelona' vid. But I think if you're trying to make it, it's harder there than if you're already established and move there for a bit and film a part

I can't remember where I read that but Gustav Tonnesen talked about moving from the centre of Barcelona to the suburbs where it's harder to go out and get fucked up every night. I think the whole Sour squad did that as they probably all live together.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

I saw Phan at Paral·lel once, skating on his own in the morning.
    Who knows, maybe he was a total skate rat and got fed up with every one getting wasted instead of skating every day?
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Mini Goon

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryconroy View Post
    Like when a rapper dies young. Phan's technical peak seemed to be his footage in nothing but the truth and then he ghosted. I wonder if being reduced to a bonus feature was a factor in his departure.
    The line where he does back to back kickflip 360s and then flip-180 fakie nosegrind reverts(front side and backside)?! How do you top that? He was probably right just to vanish for a bit
    Last edited by SotonJon; 5 Days Ago at 06:49 PM. Reason: semantics

How do you top that?
    You do not.

Thread Information