Page 2387 of 2387 FirstFirst ... 13871887228723372377238523862387
Results 35,791 to 35,800 of 35800

Thread: Not-stoked

Default Re: Not-stoked

Sorry to hear this hugo. I'm sure you'll be fine soon. Keep your head up.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Ultra King

Shit, just read about Chris Cornell. RIP.

Arthur Derrien in the new Free, talking about Oski:

"He's as down to earth as they get. All it means is that he actually cares about what we do and not coming across like an asshole. I bet Nyjah and Corey Duffel would have been better off taking a leaf out of his book."

What the fuck? Dunno about Nyjah (although he does seem like a dick), but Duffman is about the nicest, humblest, friendliest person I've met in skateboarding. Or otherwise, for that matter. The dude fucked up when he was a kid, fifteen years ago or whatever, and he definitely knows it, but he's just so into skateboarding, skateboarders, music and musicians that it's hard to keep up with. He's super fucking polite too, unless you count spending hours a day on his phone replying to kids on Instagram and facebook.

Interested to hear what the fuck Arthur's talking about here and where this came from.

Übermensch

Think the Nyjah comment refers to what he said about girl skaters in a recent interview. Can't remember the exact quote off the top of my head

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Haven_Hamilton View Post
    Think the Nyjah comment refers to what he said about girl skaters in a recent interview. Can't remember the exact quote off the top of my head
    "Some girls can skate but I personally believe that skateboarding is not for girls, not at all..."

http://girlsskatenetwork.com/index.p...sher-interview

If those are the only two interviews Arthur can think of where somebody said something stupid, he doesn't pay much attention.

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    If those are the only two interviews Arthur can think of where somebody said something stupid, he doesn't pay much attention.
    Not agreeing with what he says but they are two examples that can quickly be referenced and you know what he's referring to.

'Rather than remember that Thrasher web interview where Paul Hart said something about Trump...'

I don't see why it even needed brought up.

Media people seem to have lost any tact and compassion it seems. There are ways to let the public that a fellow human has passed away without it being some sort of brazen shock clickbait.

I got a recent issue of Free the other day and was well stoked on getting a printed mag as none are available at newsagents' here.
    I read a third of it and it bored me to death. I would have felt robbed if I had paid for that.

I miss Skateboarder. Best mag.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Thread Information