Page 2410 of 2419 FirstFirst ... 1410191023102360240024082409241024112412 ... LastLast
Results 36,136 to 36,150 of 36280

Thread: Not-stoked

  1. #36136
    ‹bermensch
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Manchester baby! Fuck yeah!
    Posts
    4,420

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    Some people are cunts.
    MOOOOOSE!

  2. #36137
    Moderator Spanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    9,369

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    What's up ifliped?
    Get down with your bad self
    skateboardrumours.co.uk

    Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP.

  3. #36138
    ‹bermensch telmernatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,733

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifliped View Post
    Some people are cunts.
    most people are cunts, some are just better at hiding it than others

  4. #36139
    ‹bermensch seismic egg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,458

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    Some people ARE cunts through and through, however EVERYONE can be a cunt from time to time. There is a difference.

  5. #36140
    Initiate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London via Brum
    Posts
    586

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    So I've finally been diagnosed with full blown rheumatoid arthritis. Last night my hernia surgery that I had 25 years ago seemed to have ruptured, most intense pain i've felt in my life since I ruptured it in the first place. Been in A&E all night off my tits on morphine. Turns out it was a flare up of arthritis down there causing it to freak out. Anyway I bring this up because, jesus fucking christ rheumatoid arthritis is so gnarly, never knew arthritis could hurt this much. When I flare up you can't sleep or lie down or do anything. Does anyone on here suffer from it?

  6. #36141
    Moderator Spanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    9,369

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    Holy shit, I never knew you could get it from hernia surgery?!? I've got it in both ankles but it's only minor at the moment. Have been told it will only get worse. Sounds like I need to brace myself. Where is it? Your shoulder/back?
    Get down with your bad self
    skateboardrumours.co.uk

    Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP.

  7. #36142
    Initiate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London via Brum
    Posts
    586

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Holy shit, I never knew you could get it from hernia surgery?!? I've got it in both ankles but it's only minor at the moment. Have been told it will only get worse. Sounds like I need to brace myself. Where is it? Your shoulder/back?

    I didn't get it from the hernia, it's separate from that but it can attack old injuries and make them feel like they're recurring. I mostly get it in my shoulders, wrists and hands, and sometimes in my knees. I'll get home from work and my wrist will swell up an throb like it's broken, and my shoulders and biceps throb so bad I can't lie down in bed. It's pretty harsh man, I'm going to work on zero sleep sometimes.

  8. #36143
    Moderator Spanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    9,369

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    So what's the deal with future treatment? You got any options
    Get down with your bad self
    skateboardrumours.co.uk

    Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP.

  9. #36144
    Initiate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London via Brum
    Posts
    586

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    So what's the deal with future treatment? You got any options
    just different types of pain management at the moment, they've mentioned steroids but I'm reticent to go down that path. When it flares up nothing really helps you just have to sit it out.

  10. #36145
    ‹bermensch seismic egg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,458

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    Oh man, that sucks! although you kinda worried me a little. You describe kinda what I have been feeling the past few years.
    Sometimes my knee down to my foot is unbearable, it's like tiny people are mining behind my kneecap. Also I have been suffering with my shoulders, elbows and most frequently my wrists. Again, it's like someone is continously messing with my tendions, drilling into bones in my hands and wrists. You just have to sit and bear it, painkillers don't touch it enough to get rid of it when it decides to go into full force. These are all in places I have had previous injuries. I thought my knee was just due to the injury never getting sorted and possibly Carpal tunnel or tendonitis in the arms but at the back of my mind always wondering whether this is all things to come with arthiritis. Does this sound anything familiar?
    I hope you get yourself sorted Jagger, never had a hernia like that myself but I hear they are shite.

  11. #36146
    ‹bermensch telmernatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,733

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...thritis-010516

    stem cell therapy sounds like the way to go forward in future with treating stuff like that.

    no idea how available it is though in the UK

    Joe Rogan is always banging on about how good it is

  12. #36147
    Initiate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London via Brum
    Posts
    586

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    Quote Originally Posted by seismic egg View Post
    Oh man, that sucks! although you kinda worried me a little. You describe kinda what I have been feeling the past few years.
    Sometimes my knee down to my foot is unbearable, it's like tiny people are mining behind my kneecap. Also I have been suffering with my shoulders, elbows and most frequently my wrists. Again, it's like someone is continously messing with my tendions, drilling into bones in my hands and wrists. You just have to sit and bear it, painkillers don't touch it enough to get rid of it when it decides to go into full force. These are all in places I have had previous injuries. I thought my knee was just due to the injury never getting sorted and possibly Carpal tunnel or tendonitis in the arms but at the back of my mind always wondering whether this is all things to come with arthiritis. Does this sound anything familiar?
    I hope you get yourself sorted Jagger, never had a hernia like that myself but I hear they are shite.
    Yeah this sounds familiar mate, you should see your GP. Thing with the different types of arthritis is that diagnosing them is an inexact science, I had one blood test in Feb that showed markers for rheumatoid, then they did another two that were inconclusive and they told me to manage the pain for the time being and I had a CT scan booked for September but they did a CT scan yesterday and another blood test and said I definitely have rheumatoid now, which is a relief. It's an auto immune disease and it attacks your bones- I have so many injuries from skating that it's really crippling. Steroids is probably what they're gonna recommend now but I'd rather just manage the flare ups when they happen.

  13. #36148

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    Quote Originally Posted by jagger View Post
    So I've finally been diagnosed with full blown rheumatoid arthritis. Last night my hernia surgery that I had 25 years ago seemed to have ruptured, most intense pain i've felt in my life since I ruptured it in the first place. Been in A&E all night off my tits on morphine. Turns out it was a flare up of arthritis down there causing it to freak out. Anyway I bring this up because, jesus fucking christ rheumatoid arthritis is so gnarly, never knew arthritis could hurt this much. When I flare up you can't sleep or lie down or do anything. Does anyone on here suffer from it?
    ah bruv sorry to hear this. my mum had rheumatoid arthritis and it is the living cunt. invest in some good wrist splints etc. for when they flare up and get up in your GPs face to get it managed as early as because no one needs that pain

    i've been told to expect it later on too so have my agonising barely clasped handed knucks of solidarity in advance mate
    reverb on the naan. come test

  14. #36149
    Initiate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London via Brum
    Posts
    586

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    Quote Originally Posted by methamphetamine View Post
    ah bruv sorry to hear this. my mum had rheumatoid arthritis and it is the living cunt. invest in some good wrist splints etc. for when they flare up and get up in your GPs face to get it managed as early as because no one needs that pain

    i've been told to expect it later on too so have my agonising barely clasped handed knucks of solidarity in advance mate
    Yes mate it's a real fucker, wrist splints essential when they happen, I get it more in my shoulders and upper arms lately, and my hands/fingers. I'm 45 and it's come on in the last few years but gone turbo in the last year. Never imagined getting old would hurt this much!

  15. #36150
    ‹bermensch deegwaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    The City of Steel
    Posts
    3,626

    Default Re: Not-stoked

    Are you not able to skate at all? Did you not have a bad ankle break a few years ago too?
    ...kiss me with apocalypse.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Semi-stoked...
    By beastly in forum Skateboarding
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 19th November 2009, 12:48 AM
  2. always stoked to see...
    By voodoo in forum Skateboarding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17th September 2008, 04:34 PM
  3. Ha! £150 later... stoked
    By daryl_no_alias_sorry in forum Skateboarding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th July 2007, 01:04 PM
  4. Stoked...
    By Gammy in forum Skateboarding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11th June 2007, 03:21 PM
  5. stoked...
    By in forum Skateboarding
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 3rd January 2006, 05:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •