Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Being Healthy Thread

Default The Being Healthy Thread

I've never felt as unhealthy as I do now. Let's discuss good eating, exercising, routines and everything else!

I'll start... I eat really really badly, but I'm not in a great place for taking ages on cooking etc. Any advice? I've got free use of a kitchen at work, any recommendations on what to eat for lunch would be good
    Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Haven_Hamilton View Post
    Damn that gets me stoked to skate I'd love to buy Joe Moore product

Default Re: The Being Healthy Thread

Yep, I need to sort myself out too. Good thread.

I tend to barely eat all day because my business partner doesn't so I starve then eat a decent meal at night. I'm not getting fat but it's certainly not a good way to diet.

‹bermensch

Diet: I like to think I've never been healthier than I am now. I start every day off with oats (cooked or raw) with milk and sometimes granola. Cheeky bit of melon or pineapple and some juice is a must in the morning too. Lunchtime varies from day to day but usually I molest the Waitrose reduced section nearby for sandwiches and wraps or else try and consume a decent variety of veg and fruit from the salad bars in the supermarkets alongside some eggs for much needed protein.

As these days I'm usually caught for time coming home late from work, I'm pretty conservative with my cooking for dinnertime. I often try to cook food primarily for nutrition than taste just because I usually get home quite late and want food as quickly as possible and without having to interact with maniacs in my kitchen. My dinners midweek consist of throwing a dead animal's body parts in a pot/pan alongside 3/4 vegetables and some other grain based bullshit like rice.

Midnight snack is a must for me. Usually I have some cheese on toast with chorizo, spinach and red onion. Salted full-fat butter obvs.

Exercise: No excuse for anyone in London to be fat - I'm constantly running to catch the tube in the morning. If you've a tenner or so to spare, buy a pull-up bar to fit your door frame for a bit of strength exercise. Cycle. Skate. Gym. Stretch.
    Last edited by Smurph; 24th March 2014 at 01:11 PM.
    Which one is greater, Sun or Moon?

The answer is The Moon because Sun shines in the day when there is already light available. But moon shines in the night when there is no light.

drink an absolute cuntload of water every day. it makes you feel amazing and even fills you up a bit. if you get any urges just slowly go through water until they fade

my diet is like this and it's made an improvement over a short period of time: nutri grain for breakfast and some fruit. for lunch i eat nothing things that take ages to eat. like boiled eggs, carrots, celery and hummus. then something piss easy like chicken and rice or vegetables at home. eat nice fish out if i'm treating myself

fuck off coffee for tea too if you drink coffee. headaches/general feeling on my last legs vibe vanished after i did that

oh yeah and seriously cut down on beer. i'm a raging alco so straight vodka and gin and tonics was a decent enough replacement

happy > healthy
    Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    im not a racist you just look like a potato

coffee soothes my headaches if anything.

i don't eat too bad but fuck i'm such a sugar fiend, when i'm in a better mental state soon imma empty myself out of any hardcore sugar substances [sweets]

reckon i might be lacto-intolerant cause my skin on my torso is all fucked up like i have pox or something and it mostly arose when i went vegetarian and started hammering the cheese.

finna visit a dermatologist soon.

Ultra King

learn how to stretch

Quote Originally Posted by hugo View Post
    happy > healthy
    yeah but being unhealthy makes a lot of people unhappy

i don't go to town with being healthy but fuck me just a little bit of effort and exercising restraint when i get tempted by something that will do me in and i've been a lot happier
    Last edited by methamphetamine; 24th March 2014 at 01:25 PM.

Been giving up booze during the week recently. Got fucked on friday and felt like shit til sunday pm. I still like booze but getting properly drunk is hardly worth it nowadays

‹bermensch

Don't eat from take-aways unless you absolutely have no other choice.
    Eat as much fruit & veg as you possibly can, never eat red meat, minimise dairy and bread.
    Only drink booze on very special occasions & then avoid beer (plus make sure you have plenty of water afterwards).
    Keep as far away from cigs & weed as is humanly possible.
    Cycle, walk and skate as much as you can.

This is pretty much the way I go about things these days and in my mid thirties I can honestly say I've never felt fitter. My "healthkick" came from eventually quitting smoking & fighting back against the subsequent weight gain - there is no science behind my approach & I don't buy food from health shops, I just use a bit of common sense and try to eat as few processed foods as possible whilst exercising in ways I find entertaining and not a chore.
    Last edited by volstenhulme; 25th March 2014 at 08:01 PM.

Ultra King

I eat a banana, an apple and a pear for brekkers in the week. At weekends, I eat a bacon sandwiches and a banana smoothie. Lunch is usually a falafel or whatever leftovers from the night before/weekend.
    Most Sundays I batch cook two massive pots of stuff to have in the evenings in the week. Freeze 4 or more portions of each pot, and keep two portions out for the first couple of days dinners.
    Yesterday, I made Mediterranean Stew with onions, garlic, two bell peppers, red lentils, chickpeas, aubergine, tomato, veg stock and some bulgar wheat for a side.
    I also made chicken curry, with onions, garlic, spices, aubergine, potato, lentils, tomato, spinach, and peppers.

If you get cooking out the way at the weekend, and have space in the fridge, it's easy to eat semi-healthily and not have to cook loads in the evenings.
    Much Cheaper cooking in big batches too. The only thing is, if you make something horrible, you are stuck with a load of it.

I drink 3 beers most evenings, although I have been having a few days off in the week recently and have noticed i'm losing weight. I thought i might be an alcoholic for a while, but realized i don't have to drink everyday, and can stop if i want to, so that's a relief. Still, I drink too much, which probably isn't healthy at all though.
    Snacks are ginger snap biscuits or toasted pitta bread with houmous.

I have a 40 min commute to and from work everyday. At weekends i usually cycle more. It's the only thing stopping me being a pie lord.

I eat fruit every, walk a lot, run every now and then, cycle.

But I also eat whatever i like and drink a lot.

Pretty sure that's a good balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    im not a racist you just look like a potato

‹bermensch

Fully Loaded box meals, theres no point living without fried chicken

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by raystar View Post
    theres no point living without fried chicken
    Agreed. I. LOVE. FRIED. CHICKEN.
    Which one is greater, Sun or Moon?

The answer is The Moon because Sun shines in the day when there is already light available. But moon shines in the night when there is no light.

Thread Information