Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Being Healthy Thread

Default Re: The Being Healthy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by grinnerssausages View Post
    You should totally use that phrase as a name for your running sneaker company...
    MSICSI
    Yeah, I just hope that fucking autocorrect thing won't ruin it like it did here when I'll make those Square Threes!
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Goon

By the way, I'm well into this thread. Hope my bit of light relief isn't considered mockery. Just to prove it. My ten cents (two shillings? / whatever)

Eat lots of quinoa and pulses. Quinoa is easier to make than rice and has all nine essential amino acids and is therefore the fucking boss. Only eggs can boast the same.

I second the drinking loads of water thing. Coffee or energy drinks can confuse you into thinking you're hungry at 11am when you're not yet - if you've had porridge.

Go for complex carbohydrates because they are slow release. So brown everything. Brown rice, pasta, bulgur wheat (even easier than quinoa to make) and brown cous cous (almost makes itself). Potato is so amazingly healthy its easy to forget that because its so common. So it tomato. So it onion. chickpeas and red kidney beans rule too. Chilli powder, garam marsala and creamed coconut make any mess of vegetables and pulses into a meal.

Sorry, what a mess. Probably better off listening to Butterfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagz View Post
    Ohhh hellloo great thread!

Firstly...Processed foods contain preservatives to kill off any bacteria that tries to grow on it... You're putting that into your body so what do you reckon it'll do to all the good bacteria in your gut?
    Nothing?

I'm probably in my best physical state in years. Started a manual job in a factory last September. Luckily avoided the bombshell of an office job.

Listen to Iggy Pop and eat salmon.
    Last edited by Rob.; 31st March 2014 at 08:29 PM.

Reading this thread made me burn my ratatouille. Fuck you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob. View Post
    I'd join a gym but I am way too self conscious for that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob. View Post
    Listen to Iggy Pop and eat salmon.
    You rule man.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

“Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead.”
    - Hans Christian Andersen.

Goon

I've found weighing out cereal or pasta etc helps because otherwise I would have a bigger portion. I also have a penchant for golden grahams, clusters and any old shite.
    neil makes teeth

Couldn't find the study of the effect of preservatives on the good bacteria in your gut!??!

Liked the bit about sodium benzoate in cranberries. The implication being that it's ok because in cranberries it's not a preservative so it doesn't have the same bad effect?

Excellent examples of pseudo-science peddled by people with something to sell.

I'm sure it is unhealthy to eat processed foods - but let's not selectively use scientific articles to make that point.

Atleast she's backing up her point GS - more than I bring to this healthy table

Quote Originally Posted by rollinglikeaking View Post
    Atleast she's backing up her point GS - more than I bring to this healthy table
    Ha ha sorry I re-read my post and come across a lot more arsey than was intended.

It's something that irks me though - take something that is scientific (like that acid is generally not good for you) take another piece of information (that your stomach environment is acidic) and then sell alkaline mineral waters because they'll neutralize the bad acidity in your stomach....

Sorry Dagz, didn't mean to be confrontational.

I work out everyday, weights mainly, some cardio and eat well to off set the fact that I drink way too much. as a result I stay in good shape but my liver will probably fall off at some point. but ill look good when it happens.

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by telmernatorx View Post
    I work out everyday, weights mainly, some cardio and eat well to off set the fact that I drink way too much. as a result I stay in good shape but my liver will probably fall off at some point. but ill look good when it happens.
    Do you even lift?

Übermensch

Which (former) N26 poster's picture was posted on here a while back which essentially depicted a The Valleys x Action Man collabo?
    Which one is greater, Sun or Moon?

The answer is The Moon because Sun shines in the day when there is already light available. But moon shines in the night when there is no light.

I eat chicken, eggs and brown rice all day every day.
    recently taken up muay thai boxing too...its fucking amazing after 2 years of just weight training. but its only 2 nights a week which isn't enough for me.

but I smoke loads and drink cheap aldi vodka every weekend, so theres probably no point me doing any of it. though I can throw a good elbow now.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thread Information