Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Skateboarding Day

Default Go Skateboarding Day

Yeah, yeah, it was yesterday, but what did you all do?

One of my mates organized a jam at this crap park that's being refurbished, lots of people showed up which means that we might get more from the local council. Rad.
    I was a judge for the bowl and best trick comps, saw plenty of good friends, did some straight pressure flips, a Howard flip and smiled a lot.
    Got my first Isle board too, a Jensen, yes.

"There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Übermensch

Default Re: Go Skateboarding Day

We are currently filming a video for Welcome Skate Store. We just went searching for new spots outside of Leeds city centre. Got loads of footage and drank some beer. Was exactly the same as any other day off from work haha. Was fucking rad though. Same again today!

Mega jealous of the mountain scenery!

I didn't go skating, I stayed in and watched Louie and fixed my computer. But i'm going skating now so it's all good.
    poison...poison...TASTY FISH!

Übermensch

Yesterday I cycled 65km to make a start on working off all the unhealthy food I ate over the course of my 'birthday week' and didn't even look at my skateboard. Today I'm off skating and I'm gonna try get summat on film, probably won't happen but it'll be a blast anyway as I'll be with rad people at a park I haven't been to for about three years. Looking forward to it!

Gonna watch me some Dan Drehobl then get my shred on.

Übermensch

Ditto BearVsShark's comment on the mountains frank - damn site more impressive than the goal posts and a couple of steaming dogshits you'll get as a vista down my local!

Ultra King

go skateboarding day always offended me on principle, as it should anyone who skates as much as they can / want

dlx dissed the first one, then realised it wasn't a good idea financially

shame but understandable

i was at stonehenge

it was fucking amazing

disclaimer: this post makes me look like some kind of anarcho anti-capitalist traveller - i aren't
    sorry for pissing on the positive vibes
    fun should not be prescribed
    this was the first collaboration pant that i've ever done with anybody

didn't even know it was go skateboarding day tbh but I did go skating. had the park to myself apart from a bunch of kids throwing bottles filled with water up and down the quarter pipes and in the bowl. sounds a bit like a harmony korine film reading that back. gummo vibes.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by el-be-pee View Post
    go skateboarding day always offended me on principle, as it should anyone who skates as much as they can / want

dlx dissed the first one, then realised it wasn't a good idea financially

shame but understandable

i was at stonehenge

it was fucking amazing

disclaimer: this post makes me look like some kind of anarcho anti-capitalist traveller - i aren't
    sorry for pissing on the positive vibes

i went to the cinema, then drank beers on the beach. i also walked through the skatepark without my board to make the kids there think about what they were buying into. it all looked so forced, like they were desperate to have fun. fuck GSD, it's just a big corporate scam for the skate companies. i can go skate anyday i want, why should i be made to go and have fun with everyone on a specific day?

#everydamndayisgoskateday

for real though, went to the level for the rad little day that the local shop put on. everyone skated together and killed it, music, bbqs, laughs and a few jams in the bowl and the street section, prizes and throwouts. sick day

do you not celebrate christmas then? i can eat turkey and see my family any day i want

I've been moving house all weekend.

Fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Unnamed skateboard companies, patios, Alan Shearer, Ric Flair, Palace, patios again, Scrooge McDuck, Jimmy Saville and a Jack the Ripper conspiracy, proper use of apostrophes, Stu Forder, anon's short Mills & Boon writing career, Rye wanking in a cupboard, repressed freestylers and finally Les Zeppelin's short intro to a romance novel.

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by wayoutskates View Post
    for real though, went to the level for the rad little day that the local shop put on. everyone skated together and killed it, music, bbqs, laughs and a few jams in the bowl and the street section, prizes and throwouts. sick day
    That's how I've always viewed it really - essentially nothing more than a catalyst to get people together for jams, sessions or whatever. There seemed to be quite a lot of sessions/jams going on in a bunch of different places, and presumably that wouldn't have all happened had there not been that kind of rallying point. I know jams do go on at other times of the year too, but bearing in mind how fun they (usually) are, is it really a bad thing that there's another reason for someone to put one on?

I'm with you on that but I have come to terms with reality and can only be stoked on jams and events considering that I skate on my own most of the time.
    This event wasn't even GSD, it was just a jam we organized in order to raise funds for new obstacles at this shitty park.
    Anyway, skate whenever you want, unless you are Alex Olson.

Quote Originally Posted by bearVSshark View Post
    Mega jealous of the mountain scenery!
    Quote Originally Posted by volstenhulme View Post
    Ditto BearVsShark's comment on the mountains frank
    Glad you liked that picture. My chick is from this area, and here are a few pics she took around there:

"There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

I just went up the local knowing it was going to be a solo session. Luckily though, happened to run into a Bristol invasion. Met 3 fellow forum heads and ended up having a mad session. Rad day! And when/if they read this, I didn't bugger off without saying anything, just went to the shop but by the time I got back you had scarpered.

Thread Information