Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cycling Thread

Default Re: The Cycling Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rimbaud View Post
    rocking this for the ironic #vintagewear look atm, also it's warm as fuck

helps me glide pon tha ice
    Is that a therma-jacket or just a ls?

I quite like big Tex. Obvs I thought he was a douche but now I kind of love just how much of a douche he is.

Still would never wear livestrong bands.

Speaking of which, you know I said my old man was getting a Sky?British cycling Dogma? My mum said he went out on it in full Sky kit.

#thatguy.

He used to rock a heavy Astana kit back in 2008 and a Gerolsteiner before that. Sort of love it.

Quote Originally Posted by NOZZLEBOY View Post
    Each to there own but i only ride in the wet on my short work commute. The only other time i ride in the wet is if i get caught out in it, i certainly don't step out for a ride when it's pissing it .
    Yep truthfully I don't go out half as much as I daydream about. its the dark nights that have shut me down and limited time from having kids.

Ultra King

cycling etiquette is so embarrassing
    Isn't it just, just like most sports.. I just shut off from it/laugh it off and focus on my own shit.

Ultra King

Quote Originally Posted by grinnerssausages View Post
    My mum said he went out on it in full Sky kit.
    Hehe.. That's ace... Living the dream!! Which Sky rider do you think he was dreaming to be when he put the hammer down?

In related Team Sky cringe moment, last month in Gran Canaria my dad came back from the shops wearing his Sky jersey with casual shorts and sandals... I didn't let it happen twice.

Quote Originally Posted by NOZZLEBOY View Post
    Hehe.. That's ace... Living the dream!! Which Sky rider do you think he was dreaming to be when he put the hammer down?

In related Team Sky cringe moment, last month in Gran Canaria my dad came back from the shops wearing his Sky jersey with casual shorts and sandals... I didn't let it happen twice.
    Ha ha, I like to think Henao Jr but truth be told I think he only knows Wiggins...

Yeah etiquette is funny but at least a) it's been developed in the brutal headwinds and rain of Northern Europe b) it's at least partially acknowledged and c) doesn't matter what you're wearing when your legs/heart are screaming at you to stop!

This year I'm amazed at how many low cat racers are doing a Froome and staring at their stems.

No lie, I spoke to a guy in a training crit who told me that he was confused because he wasn't hitting his numbers. It's a 40 minute hammer-fest ffs not a 3 week Grand Tour. I think you'll have enough left in the tank for work tomorrow, mate.

I'm on there, but it's mostly running at the moment. Once the weather gets better I'll head out on the bike a bit more.

There's a few sportives take place in the Peak District each year, I might have a go at a couple this year. I also fancy doing the dunwich dynamo at some point.
    Shout going out to Potsy. Your Mum looks like she's made out of pipe cleaners. Get her off the wizz.

www.legacyskatestore.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by grinnerssausages View Post
    This year I'm amazed at how many low cat racers are doing a Froome and staring at their stems.
    haha i've actually found when cycling up the long painful hills just staring down at your legs can be a good distraction from the fixed agonizing tease of that which you're trying to reach

haha i've actually found when cycling up the long painful hills just staring down at your legs can be a good distraction from the fixed agonizing tease of that which you're trying to reach
    Have you cycled back to your bit after a night on the tiles? I remember you asked about locking your bike up once. Actress, maybe? Which was on an icy November night. Wouldn't surprise me if you'd walked it, come to think of it. But fuck me, that's a dreary bike ride if ever there was one.

NO! Look at where you're going. As soon as you look down you're fucked.

Got to look up.

Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    im not a racist you just look like a potato

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    Have you cycled back to your bit after a night on the tiles? I remember you asked about locking your bike up once. Actress, maybe? Which was on an icy November night. Wouldn't surprise me if you'd walked it, come to think of it. But fuck me, that's a dreary bike ride if ever there was one.
    yeah man, it was pissing it down, i sobered up in like 10minutes and got leg cramp on the way home, fucking sucked.

i did it again in summer tho on a sunday and the train runs hourly and I'd just missed the previous one but then managed to get home before the next one would have even left the station, i was less drunk that time though.

Initiate

Ed Bo not. Also he didn't do the hill climb.
    Last edited by reg; 6th February 2015 at 02:12 PM.

Ultra King

/\ Grinners your dad has been spotted in Bristol!

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    NO! Look at where you're going. As soon as you look down you're fucked.
    I'm not sure about that, I've experimented with a few ways, tried focusing on the top, setting targets along the way e.g.a lamppost 50m away, then the next... etc, and fixing my gaze on the road a few meters ahead and had most success with the last one. Helps to achieve that state of "zen" where you stop thinking about how much pain you're in completely, ha.

My favorite way is just to get out of the saddle and nail it for a bit when you start to struggle though (head down!!!), that way it seems like you're actually resting when you settle back down at the same pace as before.
    What a ridiculous clusterfuck of totally uncool jokers.

Thread Information