Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skate Dreams

Default Skate Dreams

Pretty shit idea for a thread but whatever, i dream about skating nearly every night.

Last night i was skating Flushing Meadows. I fired a noseslide over it piss easy, it slid so easily that I bs noseground it first go after, popped out like a dream. Shit got weird after, as it usually does. I wanted to keep skating it but had to do it with a snake in my hand while holding its jaws shut (to avoid it biting me). Then my brother let a giant crocodile out in the stadium that Flushing was now in, what a dick. I didn't get anymore skating done.

I've also had dreams when i was younger about learning tricks. Pressure flips in 95 and hardflips in 98 through figuring it out in dreams.

One of the best dreams i ever had was before a trip to Wakefield in 97. I was skating an indoor park and was aware that it was a dream. I could do any trick i wanted and it felt so real.

Apologies if this is lame, i was just remembering last nights dream and wondered if anyone else dreams about skating all the time???

▄bermensch

Default Re: Skate Dreams

I always dream of bs airs whenever I haven't skated for a few days, need to learn them for real this year then maybe they'll stop ha ha

in my dreams i skate on the same skill level as real life.
    depressing.

I've felt myself kicking my legs when I've been dreaming about skating as though I am doing whatever trick it is that I was dreaming about.
    Skating on roids + Lance Mountain swearing and talking about how fit he is?? Really weird

▄bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by judith priest View Post
    depressing.
    Me too. Really sucks.

I dreamt I was eating a massive skateboard and when I woke up my bed was gone

I once dreamed that i could do kickflip melons at a time when i was sort of trying to learn them - but couldn;t get it melon only indy. When i woke the next day i believed i could actually do it for a while!

I also once dreamed that Anon taught me hardflips in a car park training session. His words were ' they're easy, you just give it a kick like this'! And bingo, there they were!

I always dream I can 360 flip but the board keeps spinning on the ground as I float down really slowly then land on the board. Also that I can do frontside wall ride mctwist out on the walls at my local car park.
    »\_(ツ)_/»

I do manuals whilst being horizontal, hovering a few inches off the ground. Probably because I'm lying down and my feet are moving

I always do fs 180 fakie manuals in my dreams. So balanced that i feel like i could flip out if i wanted.

I'm going for a nap.

▄bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by judith priest View Post
    depressing.
    Me too, kinda. All my skate dreams are easy mini Ramp tricks or curbs. Everything I do seems easy and I usually land a couple I can't do but hoping some day it comes to me actually learning the tricks I dream!

Quote Originally Posted by local filth View Post
    Me too, kinda. All my skate dreams are easy mini Ramp tricks or curbs. Everything I do seems easy and I usually land a couple I can't do but hoping some day it comes to me actually learning the tricks I dream!

I have dreams where I'm just good at skating - usually a park. All these tricks I can't really do are coming really easily, I'm floating really big airs and having the best time. Then the park starts to fill with sand and I can't roll anymore, or something else happens and I can't get enough speed to do anything and I'm getting more and more frustrated.
    Couple that with dreams about being asked to ride for a pro-team and then getting a puncture and I think Freud would have the case wrapped up in minutes.

Ultra King

I've had serious floaty ollie dreams before.

last night I dreamt I got some weed off a guy floating in the Thames near Westminster bridge.
    He seemed to being staying afloat using a pair of inflatable Shelltoes, and he had baggies of goodies bobbing about next to him.
    it was killer

Ultra King

I mainly dream of skating the indoor park I grew up in / learnt to skate in. I miss that place pretty much every day. I didn't realise it at the time but it was actually really small so everything was compact and therefore so bloody fast! Lots of transition. It was built by some English guys actually although I don't know their names.

"If you feel radical when you grind a curb, then, by golly, you are radical."

Odd one I had last night. Tony Hawk was skating vert, drunk, he knocked Forest Edwards off the platform to the flat of the ramp and then landed on him again. The X-games style commentators called it the 'Tony two strikes'

Thread Information