Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: New Podcast thing with Chris Roberts, Roger Bagley and Kelly Hart

Übermensch

Default Re: New Podcast thing with Chris Roberts, Roger Bagley and Kelly Hart

Cor, it's a long old interview which is a bit too big but quite interesting once broken in to a few parts.
    Jeremy Wray has claimed some of the biggest gaps in skateboarding and seems like a real nice and quite humble bloke.
    While he isn't the first to come to mind, when you stop and think about what he's done, it's clear that he is worthy of the legend status.
    Sad to hear how Element had given the guy a crappy deal but could that be the same as all the old legends that have found themselves washed up on that horribly bland brand?
    Seems like This Wray bro's brand is a very small "bedroom" type which has been created as a reaction to getting shafted by a big corporate monster? Weird that Chris Roberts didn't give it more promotion but I guess the interview was more focused on nostalgia that the present day.

The nine club is becoming such a really good podcast, hope they get a few more legendary names to interview or is that the domain of Tommy Guerrero's infrequent BS with TG thing?

Übermensch ihatethegeneralpublic's Avatar

Yeah I agree it would've been interesting to hear more about his own brand.

His Insta feed is great. Last year he posted a clip of a kickflip every single day and this year he's posting a clip of a different trick every day too. Dude's a total skate rat.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Übermensch ihatethegeneralpublic's Avatar

I feel an appreciation thread is in order if one doesn't already exist.

He has done some rad graphics for companies (other skaters). I bet Element didn't even know that, or look in to them. All about the Bam-a-gram. The fact they would back that over Wray just makes them even more lame.

Goon

i can only imagine what it is like to ollie something so long that you are waiting in the air for the landing spot to come into view, what a ruler.

is there any interviews with daniel harold sturt out there? just heard the odd thing here and there about how off-key he is and am interested to know a bit more of his story as he has taken some amazing photos in his time but there often seems to be some crazy back-story associated with the pictures..

who is the guy from element that made a documentary about himself?
    Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by skateharrogate View Post
    He is amazing, but aesthetically that hair is not pleasing to me.

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by wayoutskates View Post
    who is the guy from element that made a documentary about himself?
    Former Schmitt Stix rider Johnny Schillereff.

I like Jeremy and this was an enjoyable interview for the most part, but did anyone else think he came across as slightly delusional? Element treated him badly, sure, but why would they have given him a signature clothing line when his career was on the downward slope?! He was good and well respected, but I think he has a slightly inflated sense of how popular he was at his peak. Also he invented the 'day in the life' format? Claims direct! What was sad about this interview was it seemed like Jeremy has had real trouble accepting he's not at the top level of sponsored skater anymore.

I got that a bit too but at the same time, we don't know how well he's skating as Element was not showing his stuff. We can't trust them to say whether his output was relevent or not. He's definitely not going to be at the tech/gnar level lots of people are at today but if he's stayed at his level then I still think he's got something worth showing. I'd certainly like to see it.
    He does seem to be really head strong with how he skates so I can imagine he's still capable of skating at his previous level.

Übermensch

Not heard of this guy before but really enjoying this one.

"Unlimited bees"

Übermensch

I have absolutely no interest in what that guy has to say, but I'm such a sucker that I know I'll listen to it.

Administrator

He's actually pretty amusing and upfront about the whole etn thing.

I didn't know he'd made that last Plan B video though

Initiate

That ETN part was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long tho

Thread Information