Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: New Podcast thing with Chris Roberts, Roger Bagley and Kelly Hart

Default Re: New Podcast thing with Chris Roberts, Roger Bagley and Kelly Hart

Very reluctantly listening to this. Halfway through and getting pretty tired of his armchair medical and psychology lectures.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Mews View Post
    Very reluctantly listening to this. Halfway through and getting pretty tired of his armchair medical and psychology lectures.
    Ha ha.
    Having met him a few times [cmoac] I feel like I should add the caveat that Braydon is one of the nicest, most polite US pro skaters that I've ever hung out with first.
    (Amusing story re him being in a curry house near my house once and a friend who is a waiter asked "How come you have Batman tattooed on your face?").

With that said - I kinda agree Cereal.
    He's definitely right about the legalization of weed benefiting the state of Colorado in terms of swelling its funds for education etc etc, which is of course a good argument in favour of legalising the sale of THC products but, the 'weed will save the world' stuff is a little tiring eh?
    Plus, despite being in favour of legalization, and as someone who smoked weed for a long time (haven't for years now) - you still have to admit that it's not entirely the soma that it's made out to be - there are negative effects to it for some people for sure.

If you're a skate nerd I'm sure you'll know most of Reynolds story already with maybe a few side stories you might not know and a funny Muska story, plus a tiny bit of Penny fanning out. One of the few skaters honest about money. Where he sees himself in the future and what Baker are doing next, they are the things I found most interesting.
    As with the 9 club they get talking and jumped from Ravers straight to Baker Bootleg. Which I kind of like, it's friends chatting and you will miss some points, it's not a check list interview.

Übermensch

Really enjoyed that one.

Übermensch ihatethegeneralpublic's Avatar

That was quite a good one and there didn't seem to be any subjects that were deliberately missed out which is a massive plus point for me.

Reynolds has done such a good job of not just staying relevant but also credible in a time where a lot of "big name" guys have lost it thanks to social media (see: Koston). He still skates super hard, doesn't milk it and appears to be just as much as a skate rat than he ever has been. Nothing but respect for the guy!

Yeah this was a good episode. He's never kooked it unlike to many people and still seems to be interesting in moving forward instead of hanging on past glories. Really interesting to finally hear someone talk so honestly about money as well. It really gives a good insight into the industry.
    poison...poison...TASTY FISH!

I need to peep this one when I get time, after reading what some of youns have to say I can tell it's going to be a legit episode.

Does anyone remember some time ago when Baker put out that 'Gooks of Hazard' thing for Nguyen? I really liked how he stuck up for it and didn't back down, where most people would've collapsed from that kind of backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
    Reynolds has done such a good job of not just staying relevant but also credible in a time where a lot of "big name" guys have lost it thanks to social media (see: Koston). He still skates super hard, doesn't milk it and appears to be just as much as a skate rat than he ever has been. Nothing but respect for the guy!
    Definitely. Going off your comparison it rings even truer you compare Koston's 'Chronicles 3' part to Reynolds' in the last 'MADE'.

i wish don nguyen put out more footage. he might actually be in gino territory as far as having a pro board while doing fuck all for centuries
    Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin View Post
    If someone flipped the water tower gap I'd give them a handjob.

Übermensch ihatethegeneralpublic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wayoutskates View Post
    he might actually be in gino territory as far as having a pro board while doing fuck all for centuries
    Don't forget that Gino is way more hyped on skating again since joining FA! He'll be stacking footy in no time, you wait!

jesus, mike sinclair again?

wow, this was quite the episode.
    still trying to process it.

Thread Information