Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: New Podcast thing with Chris Roberts, Roger Bagley and Kelly Hart

‹bermensch

Default Re: New Podcast thing with Chris Roberts, Roger Bagley and Kelly Hart

"Totally"

"For sure"

"Oh no way"

He needs improve his vocabulary and his skate knowledge.

For how frustrating it can be, whenever I find it bothering me I just remind myself itís a free podcast and even if it gives me a slight insight into someoneís history then iím stoked. It also makes the 50 minute commute much better on a Monday. Very Ďbroí - yes. But also very cheap so fuck it.

For the record I personally think Chris dumbs his skate knowledge down to benefit the conversation, as otherwise it would him telling the guests there own history... this doesnít excuse some of Kelly Hartís dumb questions.

Widdler

Yeah I like it
    It’s got me back up to speed with the American scene anyway!
    shame they don’t have the same thing for the England

Quote Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
    How many times does Chris say "Right, right, cool - so which companies did you actually draw graphics for?"
    He had pretty good Adobe knowledge - Streamline is like, totally OG. I managed to tune out most of the incoherent Valleyspeak.

Goon

good to hear from mckee direct, you could tell he found it quite challenging being on camera so fair play to him. bit gutted for him as i doubt he got any slice of the millions even though his graphics were a huge part of the brand identity. when all the artists were talking about ruby lith in the disposable books i wondered how that actually worked and hearing his explanation it sounds like such a hassle to make evry graphic. liked hearing the big brother stories - not sure if it was the same article he mentioned or a following year but one of my fav things in big brother was the photos of the big SF contest where they fucked about with all the background people in the crowd, they put the same photo of a cross-legged Kosick in every single picture, gave some people two heads, or a really long neck and other stupid shit. it stuck with me as it was so ridiculous and so many people would never have even noticed as there was no references to it anywhere else.

i do wonder if it would still work if it was just rog doing the questions
    ----------------------------------
    https://soundcloud.com/vital-sound

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjarvis View Post

This Marc McKee interview is great. Marc comes over really well, and his work is pure genius.
    Just watched it - that was good.
    Mainly because McKee talked so much.

Chris Roberts though - "What, Thrasher had recipes in it?"
    Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
    Chris Roberts though - "What, Thrasher had recipes in it?"
    Jesus Christ.
    of course nothing to do with an entire industry scared to talk shit on thrasher. not at all
    Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP

Ultra King

Quote Originally Posted by vital View Post
    one of my fav things in big brother was the photos of the big SF contest where they fucked about with all the background people in the crowd, they put the same photo of a cross-legged Kosick in every single picture, gave some people two heads, or a really long neck and other stupid shit. it stuck with me as it was so ridiculous and so many people would never have even noticed as there was no references to it anywhere else.
    Fuck! I remember that! So good.
    That was some proper skate rat analyse everything pre-internet days!
    Quote Originally Posted by frome_skater View Post
    I always thought it was called sidewalk becuase when you skate you walk sideways
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin
    I checked it and I chilled

Sidewalk used to do that sometimes as well, enlarging heads etc. Maybe they were inspired directly from that?
    ...kiss me with apocalypse.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by deegwaad View Post
    Sidewalk used to do that sometimes as well, enlarging heads etc. Maybe they were inspired directly from that?
    Horse did it in RAD too.
    As I remember they both happened at the same time - just a consequence of not being too 'serious' about it I guess.

might be remembering wrong but that SF contest article was also the introduction to CSG, too
    Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP

Ultra King

Yep!
    Quote Originally Posted by frome_skater View Post
    I always thought it was called sidewalk becuase when you skate you walk sideways
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin
    I checked it and I chilled

Administrator

Haven't watched it yet but just popped up in my YT subs

Heard good things not had a chance yet too.

Listened to a bit of it on the way to work this morning.

Pretty interesting so far.

Thread Information