Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: New Podcast thing with Chris Roberts, Roger Bagley and Kelly Hart

Ultra King

Default Re: New Podcast thing with Chris Roberts, Roger Bagley and Kelly Hart

the irony being Melle Mel was a crackhead for a bit

"a lot of great dudes"

anyone seen the heelflip challenge he talks about? YT only offered me Braillle videos. mmm, nah

Ultra King

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    Nice to hear the back story to his contest runs in Paris years ago. Makes sense.

Seems he steered clear of the drugs topic. I remember him at the Etnies 20 year party in Paris and alot of people were bad-mouthing him saying he was acting like a primadonna and all he cared about was his guitar. I think Soletech were pretty pissed because of how much a media opportunity it was and he just shrugged it off...
    Quote Originally Posted by frome_skater View Post
    I always thought it was called sidewalk becuase when you skate you walk sideways
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin
    I checked it and I chilled

Ultra King

nice to re-watch Bastien's Tampa 04 run and the Paris comp stuff. insanely talented.

One of my favourite skaters.

Yeah he’s the best am looking forward to this one.

The reason part is amazing and sick song.
    Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    im not a racist you just look like a potato

▄bermensch

That was a really dull episode.

he has a strange condescending tone to his voice.
    bailed halfway through.

I didn't feel that way, kinda got a rad sarcastic tone from him. Seemed like a nice dude. He wasn't so much dull, just these nine clubs are a bit repetitive and lighthearted. I have missed the past 6ish because of this, any I should catch up on or are they all kinda normal?

▄bermensch

Antwuan and Bastien ones were alright. There hasn't been a fantastic one since the Olson fathers day episode a couple of months back.

Quote Originally Posted by skateharrogate View Post
    That was a really dull episode.
    No fire in Cairo then?

▄bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    No fire in Cairo then?
    haha
    F-I-R-E-I-N-C-A-I, R, O!

Cairo anecdote:
    I once watched Cairo skate at Dev Green in sheff, all on his own for about half an hour. This was 2003ish, it must have been downtime from some tour or something. He was just cruising, going fast and popping big ollies, no tricks. Really good. It was only when he sat down and rolled up his trou that I saw his massive swollen bruised ankle. He looked well bummed out the whole time. Poor lad. There was only me & him there, I had no board, we made no attempt at communication.

Bonus related anecdote:
    I also once watched Bam skate Dev Green, all on his own, again probably 2003ish. Early morning on a schoolday, that band HIM had played at the leadmill the night before, he must have been on their tour bus or something. He did some Bam-style nollies. No-one else was there. We made brief eye contact.

Crucial details left out: Did you have your board with you for the Bam anecdote? If so, was having the board the catalyst for the eye contact? If you had a board for the Cairo incident, would you have expected eye contact? Did Cairo know you were there?

▄bermensch

No, no board with me when I saw Bam either. In both cases I was just sat at the corner of the park like a random person. The eye contact was a bit awkward, as I was the only other person there, it was early morning, I looked "like a skater" so I was obviously checking out the incognito global superstar having an incognito morning roll.

I wouldn't have expected eye contact or any other acknowledgement from Cairo, it was a sunny afternoon and we were both just people in a park, doing not much. No awkwardness.

Hope this helps.

it does, thanks. Really cme across like you were hiding in the bushes in the original post.

Thread Information