Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
Results 1,171 to 1,182 of 1182

Thread: New Podcast thing with Chris Roberts, Roger Bagley and Kelly Hart

‹bermensch

Default Re: New Podcast thing with Chris Roberts, Roger Bagley and Kelly Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Dent Face View Post
    Was thinking the other day that I would love a Wainwright one.

Also, Wainwright seems like the most under appreciated UK pro.
    Yeah one of for sure. The whole highest ollie thing definitely over shadowed his proper parts and also skating for Powell for so long didn't do him any favours.

At one point I expected a modern reappraisal of skating, seems like what he was doing in his parts back in the day is very much 'on trend' these days. Simple, powerful tricks and long lines...

‹bermensch

Anyone listened to this Sandoval one? He seems pretty fried, I can see this one being pretty rambling and incoherent

I think I'd rather chew on glass than see what Tommy Sandoval is up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven_Hamilton View Post
    Yeah one of for sure. The whole highest ollie thing definitely over shadowed his proper parts and also skating for Powell for so long didn't do him any favours.

At one point I expected a modern reappraisal of skating, seems like what he was doing in his parts back in the day is very much 'on trend' these days. Simple, powerful tricks and long lines...
    I remember an old 411 ad he did, flip backsmith on a schoolyard bench when no one else was even doing backsmiths
    Get down with your bad self
    skateboardrumours.co.uk

Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP.

Ultra King

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Mews View Post
    I think I'd rather chew on glass than see what Tommy Sandoval is up to.
    You didn't miss much. At one point he talks about him and his mates chiefing some skater's camera so they can film a better sponsor tape. No remorse. That's all you need to know about him. What a fucking dick.

20mins of mixing up a drink and broken conversation about it just isn’t interesting to a viewer. It must be even worse if you’re only listening to it via podcast. I was done.

Mini Goon

i find people talking about weed and it's derivative products so boring. it's always the same crap "man they haven't even fully researched the benefits this stuff can give you" "big pharma just wants to keep it all quiet". now that there's huge companies in the US pushing weed legally it's so much worse than it ever was

Quote Originally Posted by krillmonger View Post
    You didn't miss much. At one point he talks about him and his mates chiefing some skater's camera so they can film a better sponsor tape. No remorse. That's all you need to know about him. What a fucking dick.
    I stopped watching not long after that. He seems like a pretty disrespectful guy; saying how he burned a load of bridges with skate shops, the whole stealing those guys camera then not giving a shit when confronted about it by one of the guys a few years down the line. But the one that got me was smoking in there and dropping ash over their table. If anybody came into my house regardless of how rich, famous or prolific they are, (if they sparked up for a start) and went on to drop the ash on my coffee table, they'd be getting kicked the fuck out immediately.

I actually quite liked his sections in Ride the Sky and Smoke and Mirrors, but that put a whole new perspective on him for me. He can fuck off.

Oh and he looks smelly.

Looking forward to giving this one a listen

His facial hair is creating a natural Low pass filter so his voice has barely any high frequencies, makes it hard to listen to at a low volume. So mumbly.

Enjoyed that haslam one.

‹bermensch ihatethegeneralpublic's Avatar

Thread Information