Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular Opinions Thread

Default Re: Unpopular Opinions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ihatethegeneralpublic View Post
    That's fair in a sense, there are way too many hot heads driving cars out there but they're relatively calm in comparison to highway code ignoring cyclists.
    Jacksonpopcorn.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Unnamed skateboard companies, patios, Alan Shearer, Ric Flair, Palace, patios again, Scrooge McDuck, Jimmy Saville and a Jack the Ripper conspiracy, proper use of apostrophes, Stu Forder, anon's short Mills & Boon writing career, Rye wanking in a cupboard, repressed freestylers and finally Les Zeppelin's short intro to a romance novel.

Ultra King

I quite enjoy having a cruise on a longboard, seeing stones on the floor and not having to worry, quite enjoy the feel of a spongy board to stand on as well but I couldn't be bothered to buy one.

That's not exclusive to longboarding though is it, I see no end of kids skating 8.5+ boards with chunky wheels and all stars struggling with tricks, they've made it harder for themselves but I'm not going to get upset about it.
    This is true. Converse feel too thin and pointy to skate in for me.

Übermensch

seeing stones on the floor and not having to worry
    You can cruise around on a zip zinger with soft wheels and not worry about stones on the ground, while still being able to ollie up a curb now and then, and - unlike a longboard - you'll have a turning circle that's smaller than Kent. Longboards are shit to cruise, they're only good for straight lines with no interruptions. Fuck 'em and their yoghurt-weaving owners.

Also, cyclists = cunts, motorists = cunts, and I say that as a cyclist and motorist

That's fair in a sense, there are way too many hot heads driving cars out there but they're relatively calm in comparison to highway code ignoring cyclists.
    Since cycling got big here (following a road race around the city, City Bikes and the Commonwealth Games) there have been so many fucking hopeless cyclists everywhere, 'taking the lane'. Gives the rest of us a bad name, and it's probably going quite a long way to make motorists think cyclists actually are cunts. Because so many of these ones are. As a motorist too, it's doubly annoying. I mean, NO, you do NOT have the same rights as a car. Now get the fuck out of the way. And go faster.

Once in a flat in Berlin once where the dude had a bike on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    Once in a flat in Berlin once where the dude had a bike on the wall.
    Scum...subhuman scum.
    Unnamed skateboard companies, patios, Alan Shearer, Ric Flair, Palace, patios again, Scrooge McDuck, Jimmy Saville and a Jack the Ripper conspiracy, proper use of apostrophes, Stu Forder, anon's short Mills & Boon writing career, Rye wanking in a cupboard, repressed freestylers and finally Les Zeppelin's short intro to a romance novel.

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    You can cruise around on a zip zinger with soft wheels and not worry about stones on the ground, while still being able to ollie up a curb now and then, and - unlike a longboard - you'll have a turning circle that's smaller than Kent.
    Absolutely. Couldn't live without my boozer cruiser. Love that thing so much.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Übermensch ihatethegeneralpublic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    Since cycling got big here (following a road race around the city, City Bikes and the Commonwealth Games) there have been so many fucking hopeless cyclists everywhere, 'taking the lane'. Gives the rest of us a bad name, and it's probably going quite a long way to make motorists think cyclists actually are cunts.
    Once a trend grows so quickly like that so much more attention is drawn to it, so yeah I bet there are many motorists who feel that way, but I haven't driven in London for some time now, I'm talking from the point of view of pedestrians to which many cyclists treat as a mere inconvenience and threat to their tour time.

Übermensch

I really not keen on white shoes, cringe comedy like Partridge, The Office, Miranda and Faulty Towers, have to immediately mute hip hop and dance music in skate videos, find Dinosaur Jr incredibly whiny and quite dislike lots more besides but I'll leave it at that as I already ostracise myself enough.

Did you just put Miranda in the same sentence as Partridge, The Office and Fawlty Towers?

Miranda.

Jesus.

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by volstenhulme View Post
    I really not keen on white shoes, cringe comedy like Partridge, The Office, Miranda and Faulty Towers, have to immediately mute hip hop and dance music in skate videos, find Dinosaur Jr incredibly whiny and quite dislike lots more besides but I'll leave it at that as I already ostracise myself enough.
    What do you like?

And no hip hop in skate videos? That's mad.

Is it just current hip hop or all of it? Wu-tang, tribe, gang starr, souls etc in my mind is THE skate video music.
    Last edited by ike91; 30th November 2016 at 03:25 PM.

No surprises there then.

Quote Originally Posted by pigdog237 View Post
    Skaters talk about inclusivity, but can't even include longboarders in that. They may not do gnarly handrails, or blast 540s on vert, but neither do I. It's a different branch of the skateboarding family tree, but they're family nonetheless.
    I don't mind longboarders who actually go down hills and shit. But when I see one pushing around town does my head in.

There was nothing more depressing than a customer coming into the shop I used to work in and say 'I want to buy my first board' and then after showing them the boards on the rack, them to reply with 'No, I meant a longboard. I just want it for getting around town.'

I genuinely don't think I could have less in common with Volst if I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by volstenhulme View Post
    Dinosaur Jr have about 7 good songs (they were just called Dinosaur for some of them too, before copyright), fuck listening to their whole back catalogue.

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by ike91 View Post
    What do you like?

And no hip hop in skate videos? That's mad.

Is it just current hip hop or all of it? Wu-tang, tribe, gang starr, souls etc in my mind is THE skate video music.
    All of it. I understand its significance and why they match but I just really don't like the way it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Mews View Post
    I genuinely don't think I could have less in common with Volst if I tried.
    I'm sure you could. We probably have a lot in common, just not those things.

I mean, you both speak English? That's a start...

Thread Information