Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Tee Shirt thread.

Default Re: A Tee Shirt thread.

Quote Originally Posted by judith priest View Post
    the most comments and props i've had from a tee shirt recently is a freebie Dulux one.
    it is nice though.
    With the dog on it?

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryconroy View Post
    Suburban bliss tees were the one.
    true
    Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    im not a racist you just look like a potato

Übermensch

Yes to Suburban Bliss! Some of my favourite T's are by them, but I know I can't replace them so don't want to wear them out.

I have to disagree with peoples preference for thin soft T's, I like the ones that are a bit more heavyweight as they hang a bit straighter and have a boxier fit (if that makes sense). Champion basic ones are great, as well as Carhartt heavyweight ones. Their pocket T's are too thin and lose their shape/shrink, I have an XL that fits like a medium.
    Last edited by llllloyd; 1 Week Ago at 08:15 AM. Reason: Missed the other Suburban Bliss posts

Ultra King

Quote Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
    I think my wife threw out my Document "the connoisseurs choice" t-shirt, which was my all time favourite. Grounds for divorce.
    I've still got mine, you can have it if i find it? think it's quite a small medium though as never really fitted me
    "The idea that skateboards are made for rolling… Busenitz understands this."

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    With the dog on it?
    sadly no, new logo.
    and because i'm always wearing that jazzy bullshit a few people thought it was a colab.

Quote Originally Posted by judith priest View Post
    sadly no, new logo.
    and because i'm always wearing that jazzy bullshit a few people thought it was a colab.
    Wouldn't be surprised at DLX x Dulux.

Quote Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
    I think my wife threw out my Document "the connoisseurs choice" t-shirt, which was my all time favourite. Grounds for divorce.
    mine vanished mysteriously a few years ago. though to be fair i can't really imagine me wearing it outside ever these days. i don't like thinking about toilets or being associated with them as much as i loved reading doco on the lav

these ones are all on constant rotation all year round

the old plain black palace tri-ferg tees and that rockin' palace one they did
    this sick blastoise/hokusai tee - https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ba/25...8bff8e67b4.jpg
    well rounded housing project - https://factmag-images.s3.amazonaws....-5.17.2012.jpg
    pocket eeveelutions - http://shirtigo.co/wp-content/upload...ofmonsters.jpg
    this absolutely screaming little white lies japanese cinema t shirt - https://mangygoats.files.wordpress.c.../275973131.jpg

not a t-shirt but ollie's chill out 'passing breeze' jumper is my favourite item of clothing to ever exist i think https://images.bigcartel.com/product...ze_Sweat_1.jpg
    reverb on the naan. come test

Quote Originally Posted by llllloyd View Post
    I like the ones that are a bit more heavyweight as they hang a bit straighter and have a boxier fit (if that makes sense)..
    Hate that boxy fit, looks so weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    im not a racist you just look like a potato

I've got a sample Tonite BMW/Baader-Meinhof mash-up. They never made it, for obvious reasons, and I've never had the balls to wear it.

Tonite was the fucking best.

Initiate

I migt have this wrong, but I think Tonite, Silas and Suburban Bliss all used the same t-shirts (IIRC from some French supplier??) and they were the best, they felt good and lasted for ages without losing their shape. Anyone know if that supplier is still going, and if other brands use them? (I'm looking at you here Mr. Jarvis)

Übermensch

Yeah I had Tonite & SB tees that were both very similar in feel but the Tonite ones always seemed a little longer (?)

SB definitely seemed to have a sweet spot in the middle of their life where their tees were brilliant, had super early ones (just the classic font ones) that were just printed onto Gildan or equivalent blanks as well some from just before they went under that were way too thin and boxy

(Note. this is all based from 10+ year old memories of t shirts so could be way off)

But yeah would be well keen for knowing the supplier

Quote Originally Posted by methamphetamine View Post

not a t-shirt but ollie's chill out 'passing breeze' jumper is my favourite item of clothing to ever exist i think https://images.bigcartel.com/product...ze_Sweat_1.jpg
    The longsleeve T of that gets my vote.

Lost Art pixelated. Lovely quality and the right shape.
    A Supreme t-shirt from 2012-ish, based on this Factory poster.
    Bronze PBS-tear, which got all cracked when it got left in the bottom of the washing machine. Would happily pay more for another XL.
    A Paradise Palisades longsleeve with the silhouette of a body hanging from a palm tree. Print is kind of velvety. Nice to touch.
    Jesus Lizard Mickey/bomb (from the cover of Inch).

Silas t-shirts were way thicker than Suburban Bliss. And obviously (for the time) fitted bigger. Both were rad. Still got most of the Silas catalogues/paraphernalia here.

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    I migt have this wrong, but I think Tonite, Silas and Suburban Bliss all used the same t-shirts (IIRC from some French supplier??) and they were the best, they felt good and lasted for ages without losing their shape. Anyone know if that supplier is still going, and if other brands use them? (I'm looking at you here Mr. Jarvis)
    I know Silas cut their own T-shirt patterns, and Tonite probably used the same ones - they weren't off the peg T-shirts.

Initiate

Well that's me with the wrong end of the stick then, apologies. Explains why you didn't (and still don't) see other tees that were the same.

Thread Information