Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the hustle

Default Re: the hustle

A bit like magic beans.
    Get down with your bad self
    skateboardrumours.co.uk

Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP.

which did you invest in? I've got a bit invested in BAT but I think it will be a long game
    Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by skateharrogate View Post
    He is amazing, but aesthetically that hair is not pleasing to me.

I bottled it last night and cashed in.

But going in again on Ripple.
    skateboardrumours.co.uk

Also another easy way to make money is cut your costs. Or in other words, get exactly what you were getting before, but cheaper. Better mortgage rate, switch electricity/broadband/mobile, ride a bike rather than cab/train. Have a spring clean and sell everything on ebay you haven't used in over a year, old phones, clothes, trucks, whatever. Make a coffee in the morning rather than buying on way to work. Whatever. And keep track of your spending, once I started doing it I kind of started to gamify it in my head and start trying to beat myself at what my daily spend was.

Also, moneysavingexpert.com is indispensible.
    skateboardrumours.co.uk

good advice thanks. i'll take a look at ripple too
    Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by skateharrogate View Post
    He is amazing, but aesthetically that hair is not pleasing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Also another easy way to make money is cut your costs. Or in other words, get exactly what you were getting before, but cheaper. Better mortgage rate, switch electricity/broadband/mobile, ride a bike rather than cab/train. Have a spring clean and sell everything on ebay you haven't used in over a year, old phones, clothes, trucks, whatever. Make a coffee in the morning rather than buying on way to work. Whatever. And keep track of your spending, once I started doing it I kind of started to gamify it in my head and start trying to beat myself at what my daily spend was.

Also, moneysavingexpert.com is indispensible.
    This is called turning into your dad.

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Work like fuck, like baf says.

I've been trading crypto over the last couple months, in the last week alone I've made enough to pay for half some new central heating in my house, brrrrap. But these are crazy times and they won't last long. My plan is to do learn trading a bit more and see what happens.
    Good shout on ripple, had never heard of it before you comment. Looked it up and invested in some about 3 weeks ago, and it's already turned a small profit.
    I'm still not convinced that cryptocurrency isn't a massive bubble waiting to burst, and I'm not gonna sink my life savings in anytime soon, but is good fun at the moment.

‹bermensch

I'd made a good few grand out of Ripple before the coinmarketcap re-evaluation knocked 50% off the price! Still well up though so gonna sit it out though in the hope of $10 each by the end of the year as I only had a gamble with what I could afford to lose.

Where can you do this? All the links are paid ads and therefore unclickable.

‹bermensch

CFD trading through Etoro; easiest way as you don't have to faff about with wallets or complex exchanges.

Well this is more complicated than I thought already.

‹bermensch

how complicated is it and is it worth bunging 500 quid if you have no experience?
    what are forumers experiences of investing?

‹bermensch

I tried getting a wallet and buying Bitcoin (which you need to buy other currencies) and it was hard. Got there eventually but the fees involved in bitcoin transactions are so high my initial investment was halved before I really got anywhere. With CFDs you're just betting on the price, meaning you don't own the underlying coin so you don't need a wallet, can't get your coins stolen and only pay withdrawal fees from the site as opposed to processing fees per transaction. For a luddite like me it's way simpler (plus you can take a punt on anything from gold to Adobe at the same time if you fancy it). Just make sure you click 'Buy' not 'Sell'!

Easiest thing to do is via coinbase.com. Buy Bitcoin (BTC)/Litecoin/Ethereum/Bitcoin Cash there, then transfer to another exchange if you want. Some exchanges will only deal in cryptos and not fiat (fiat is EUR/GBP/USD etc). So sometimes you have to get your money into the fiat exchange and then move it to another if you want to deal with a small/obscure crypto. Coinbase is a fiat exchange where you can also put in and withdraw standard cash.

However, the main crypto's have just gone through a bounce and are a bit all over the place at the moment.

If you want to get into it the days of prices rocketing up regardless of what crypto you were interested in are over, unless you are planning on investing long term (more than a few days) or you've found a new coin that is suddenly all the rage (there are hundreds now). This dude on Youtube is amazing, talks through technical analysis of charts etc for the big three cryptos.

Start with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwaZYFPLAdI

Then for technical analysis on charts watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlZRtQkfK04

Might be obvious but buy on the dip and not at the high. He does a daily rundown of what the different cryptos are doing, here's last nights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkd5hBylxxg

This does not constitute financial advice, you can lose more than you put in etc etc I am not a financial advisor. I was up 300% one day now down to 80%, but that was on a coin I got in on early enough when it was on a bull run (going up). it takes a strong stomach to put a lot of money in as you can stand to lose a lot, so don't put in what you can't afford to lose.
    skateboardrumours.co.uk

Please take Spankys advise and don't trade on plus 500, e-toro etc. If you don't know what you're doing you can lose more than what you put in and will owe them money.

If you ARE going to trade cfd's or bet the spread then set loss limits so you're not getting a margin call.

My advice would be to buy currency using a wallet like Spanky suggests and if it goes tits up you will only lose a percentage or maybe all of what you put in at worse, do not buy more than you can afford to lose.

Also, if you like to gamble in any way just avoid trading all together.
    Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    im not a racist you just look like a potato

Thread Information