Default Re: Dom Henry on Skateboard Cafe

dibble, zac and daewon throwing aggro shapes
    Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    im not a racist you just look like a potato

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by skateharrogate View Post
    all your mates drinking beers.
    I also think this is part of the issue, whilst fun your typical cinema/ bar/ arts space isn't used to a ton of people probably already half cut barging in, spilling beers, shouting, throwing shit etc. Which is obviously hilarious at the time but you kinda end up shooting yourself in the foot in regards to securing further premiers at such venues for skateboard related events

Administrator

Isle prem at Prince Charles was fucking great.
    Weird atmosphere at the one because the Bataclan attacks had happened the day before in Paris.
    Great vid but everyone a bit edgy.

Seem to recall a couple of people wide-eyed on mushies too

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
    Seem to recall a couple of people wide-eyed on mushies too
    Hmmm maybe that's why they didn't notice other people on edge? Oops.

Übermensch

Isle prem at Prince Charles was fucking great. Need more of that shit. Not on the same scale obviously, but we had the Welcome one at the Hyde Park cinema in Leeds and it was great.

I love watching skating on a cinema screen with the surround sound and all your mates drinking beers.
    will miles tall boy prem was at peckham plex round the corner from where all those boys live and it was one of the best prems I've been to in donkeys years. really fun and a massive turn out. everyone was fully stoked.

any premier at parlour was great despite the small viewing space. bryce created a lovely community vibe.
    me and my friends got to have the last vid prem there before it closed down. it was a DC event and Jeru the damaja did a set there and did a little freestyle to start the video (big fat cmoac)
    www.seriousadult.com

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryconroy View Post
    it was a DC event and Jeru the damaja did a set there and did a little freestyle to start the video (big fat cmoac)
    Caught a load of that on insta haha. Looked so banging!

Ultra King

Isle prem at Prince Charles was fucking great.
    I was very ill and had been necking cold & flu tabs b2b all the beers since 10am so end up rolling around on the floor in the pissing rain both before and after the prem, made the train home after a vvv soggy one. The only prem i actually remember at prince charles was lakai fully flared.
    "The idea that skateboards are made for rolling… Busenitz understands this."

Quote Originally Posted by pervert View Post
    I was very ill and had been necking cold & flu tabs b2b all the beers since 10am so end up rolling around on the floor in the pissing rain both before and after the prem, made the train home after a vvv soggy one. The only prem i actually remember at prince charles was lakai fully flared.
    You came to the MFWTCB premiere there too, we had beers at the Macbeth later, remember? Fun night. wayout was in da house too. I still have a pic of floor, Shier and me from that night somewhere.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Übermensch

This took me by surprise and always cracks me up when I think of it. Outside the Prince Charles after static 3;
    Me 'I didn't realise Soy Panday was so good!'
    Neil Smith at the top of his lungs 'Fuck me, I didn't realise toddy was so shit!'
    (don't worry, he's obvs not just funny as it was unexpected)
    www.seriousadult.com

Ultra King

Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post
    You came to the MFWTCB premiere there too, we had beers at the Macbeth later, remember? Fun night. wayout was in da house too. I still have a pic of floor, Shier and me from that night somewhere.
    Haha yeah! that's when i bought those wicked shoes off you. Think i've been to fully flared, static 3 (also remember this one), mfwtcb, that vans one and isle there so 2 out of 5 isn't bad i guess.

I remember running the guestlist/door for Isle was a nightmare. Prince Charles were being really strict on numbers, so Nick from Palomino had this high tech app set up for us to use with all the allocated seats. He couldn't make it that night and he was the only one who knew how to use it and then we couldn't get the wifi to work so in the end we had to go old school with a printed list. It was taking forever to get people ticked off and into the cinema, the Prince Charles manager lady was freaking out at us - so in the end Shier just said fuck it let everyone in! It all worked out in the end thankfully!

There is something really special about a big prem in London's "Leicester Square". It's something you can tell your Nan or the bloke down the pub and they will be impressed. I always loved the big day out to skate South Bank then grab some cans and go to the Prince Charles, then last train home!

Also, stoked for Dom and Cafe x

s.o. to eric koston

Quote Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
    Weird atmosphere at the one because the Bataclan attacks had happened the day before in Paris.
    Great vid but everyone a bit edgy
    also just after Massey passed
    Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP

Ultra King

Quote Originally Posted by baremerk View Post
    There is something really special about a big prem in London's "Leicester Square". It's something you can tell your Nan or the bloke down the pub and they will be impressed. I always loved the big day out to skate South Bank then grab some cans and go to the Prince Charles, then last train home!
    100% agree

(any coming up?)

Thread Information