Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fucking about with WayBack machine - a day on the forum in April 2004

Übermensch

Default Re: Fucking about with WayBack machine - a day on the forum in April 2004

Quote Originally Posted by SecondAccount View Post
    Fucking hell no wonder this forums gone down the shitter

Secondaccount needs to take a look at the postings of 2004 before decrying the modern era again.

Default Re: Fucking about with WayBack machine - a day on the forum in April 2004

Quote Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
    Did you ever feel the urge to 'advise' an advertiser on what they were giving you? Just to, you know, try to help out?

Thrasher and Big Brother blatantly never did, so maybe it just doesn't happen. And also Happy Birthday!

The townie thread is a nice fear tinged trip down memory lane.

Reminds me of all the fun times as a skater in the mid-90's, constantly looking over your shoulder anticipating the next townie attack.

The horror of finding yourself alone in a townie filled train carriage, or the look of fear on everyone's faces as a group of townies descend from nowhere on an unsuspecting skate park.

Using the word townie seems weird now. What is a townie now? Do they exist? I get the impression that getting beaten up for being a skateboarder doesn't happen these days?

Quote Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
    The townie thread is a nice fear tinged trip down memory lane.

Reminds me of all the fun times as a skater in the mid-90's, constantly looking over your shoulder anticipating the next townie attack.

The horror of finding yourself alone in a townie filled train carriage, or the look of fear on everyone's faces as a group of townies descend from nowhere on an unsuspecting skate park.

Using the word townie seems weird now. What is a townie now? Do they exist? I get the impression that getting beaten up for being a skateboarder doesn't happen these days?
    Halcyon days.

10:17
    i was outside my local skateshop peeling my griptape off to get some new.when a group of about 5 townies with 2 teenage sluts came up to us and started putting inscense sticks in our face.

Quote Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post

This is incredible, keep seeing posts by my then 11/12 year old brother abusing everyone, OG internet troll - absolutely hilarious!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    Did you ever feel the urge to 'advise' an advertiser on what they were giving you? Just to, you know, try to help out?

Thrasher and Big Brother blatantly never did, so maybe it just doesn't happen. And also Happy Birthday!
    Amusingly, in that particular instance yes (Snide Clothing).

Received a phonecall to the old Oxford office along the lines of "what do you think of our latest ad?"

"Do you want the honest answer?"

"Yes."

"Okay - it's probably one of the worst adverts that I've ever seen but I can guarantee that people will still talk about it 10 years from now."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
    This is incredible, keep seeing posts by my then 11/12 year old brother abusing everyone, OG internet troll - absolutely hilarious!
    Yeah the Internet is so soft and manicured these days - back then (only 14 years ago) it was filled with spam/vitriol/idoicy that you rarely see anywhere now.
    Funny insight into the 'safe space' thing I guess

Administrator

If anyone wants to - it's dead easy to bring back other stuff from the Network26 days.
    Just go to archive.org - enter the network26.com URL then click on the top bar where it shows that the forum was archived shows as little graph-type thing).
    Page will reload with a calendar - select any of the dates on the calendar that indicate when the forum was archived (dates will have a green circle on them).
    You can then go into an archived version of the forum on that date.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
    Is this the old 'My brother logged in to my account! That wasn't me!' thing that you see?

Administrator

Is this the old 'My brother logged in to my account! That wasn't me!' thing that you see?
    I much prefer the classic "I don't go on there, someone told me about it" whenever I get IRL shit for something someone has said on here.

Administrator

Amusing to see the posters posting in 2004 that are still here - me, nav, Spanky, ifliped, ihatethegeneralpublic and a few others.

I never knew the OG N26, I joined when it was already N26 2.0, in 2005. I feel like an e-grom.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post
    I never knew the OG N26, I joined when it was already N26 2.0, in 2005. I feel like an e-grom.
    Ha ha - older than Facebook, 4chan, YouTube and all the rest.

Ha not quite, i'd be stoked if his posts were mine. I thought this post was particularly powerful and a good representation of the scene at the time.

'if i was as gud as bony hawk id be avin sex with my self so fuk you ya cok '

Thread Information