Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Dechesare new section - discuss

Default Re: Jeff Dechesare new section - discuss

So this is the guy that's filling my Instagram explore page with footage of no-pop nollie flips.

He has terrible, terrible style and anyone who does double nollie flips should be by law shot on sight. But, judging by the YouTube comments, the kids love him and that's what counts - he's not being marketed to the over 30's.
    poison...poison...TASTY FISH!

Quote Originally Posted by bearVSshark View Post
    anyone who does double nollie flips should be by law shot on sight
    1:51 - 2:01... Ha! That whole game was rad by the way.

I doubt Carroll and Koston do these seriously though, it's more of a weird one they use as a weapon when playing SKATE I suppose. I want to learn them for the sake of landing something I've never landed.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by bearVSshark View Post

He has terrible, terrible style and anyone who does double nollie flips should be by law shot on sight.
    Brady London Bridge 10 is the exception

When did Brady do that? Brady never skates nollie or switch. He's done a few fakie ones, but down the 10?

Übermensch

Missed the nollie part

Monday morning...

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by Haven_Hamilton View Post
    Brady London Bridge 10 is the exception
    Is it really though?

Quote Originally Posted by Dent Face View Post
    When did Brady do that? Brady never skates nollie or switch. He's done a few fakie ones, but down the 10?
    It's in LAF. I think it's the trick that transitions his first into second section. People were talking about slow mo being awful in vids but that brady double flip has jogged my memory. That Brady hammers slow mo second song in LAF worked really well.

I always thought that double flip was abit of an iffy choice though. Heath in Mindfield over a picnic table also. I think it's the only Heath trick that didn't need to be in a video.

EDIT: yeah monday morning. Missed the nollie bit too
    www.seriousadult.com

Übermensch

Jeff Deschare, Alex Decunha, @bigflipsandboobs (James Grindle?) I think there is a place for all of them. There are less stinkers in this world than there are fake steezers who do the right tricks/wear the right clothes. I find their innocence endearing.

If Revive started a UK team who would ride for it?
    Last edited by gregoryconroy; 1 Week Ago at 11:30 AM.
    www.seriousadult.com

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryconroy View Post
    Jeff Deschare, Alex Decunha, @bigflipsandboobs (James Grindle?) I think there is a place for all of them.
    Yeah there is a place for them, it just depends on their own self awareness and awareness of the industry. They can have success if they find their own lane and stick to that and not try to go down the more conventional sponsorship route. Just stick to the contests, maybe do some kind of YouTube trick tip/ vlog type deal.

James Grindle for one does not understand this...

Übermensch

Is it really though?
    Yeah you know what, just went back to watch it and it is pretty stink

Also I like the Heath one, forgot about that

Übermensch

The Heath one just looks like a regular kickflip

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by Haven_Hamilton View Post
    Yeah there is a place for them, it just depends on their own self awareness and awareness of the industry. They can have success if they find their own lane and stick to that and not try to go down the more conventional sponsorship route. Just stick to the contests, maybe do some kind of YouTube trick tip/ vlog type deal.

James Grindle for one does not understand this...
    Yeah he might be the exception. But part of being in that really good yet really bad group is that your unaware of your stink. It adds to the charm. Rainbow swag lord for example is fully aware and is just utterly awful. Others that are semi aware but don't really understand are great. I guess Rodney Mullen is the god father of that. Could Rodders have had a legit career if he came out today, or would be relegated to the Revive camp?
    www.seriousadult.com

bit nate sherwood-y but with stairs

Übermensch

Yeah he might be the exception. But part of being in that really good yet really bad group is that your unaware of your stink. It adds to the charm. Rainbow swag lord for example is fully aware and is just utterly awful. Others that are semi aware but don't really understand are great. I guess Rodney Mullen is the god father of that. Could Rodders have had a legit career if he came out today, or would be relegated to the Revive camp?
    But yeah that unawareness is what means they're never going make in conventionally in skating. I'm not saying play up to it like that Rainbow swag lord guy but just be able to take a step back and be like ok I skate in this pretty mental tech way which does not get any sort of representation in normal skate media so I should it carve my own lane and not chase sponsorship from more 'normal' brands.

Just for example Grindle lists like DGK & Adidas in his IG bio, like come on nothing is ever ever going to happen with either of those companies no matter how much you want it. Either you're getting flowed semi ironically by a distro or you have a mate there

Almost impossible to call it on Mullen as without him what would the state of skating be like today in regards to flip tricks etc. He was very much of a time and place and changed the game so so much to remove him for the picture and insert him into 2018 would be almost impossible to picture

Übermensch

Mutt comments: Yeah, fair.

Stinkers: Of course they won't make it! The adventure is in never realising that. Nate sherwood and Todd Falcon are probably still working on sponsor me tapes as we speak or drawing up graphics for their new board company that they plan on creating one day. You're right about them having to play up to their niche of course but there's something great about a weirdo that's just oblivious to the whole thing.
    www.seriousadult.com

Thread Information