Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jeff Dechesare new section - discuss

Übermensch

Default Re: Jeff Dechesare new section - discuss

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryconroy View Post
    Mutt comments: Yeah, fair.

Stinkers: Of course they won't make it! The adventure is in never realising that. Nate sherwood and Todd Falcon are probably still working on sponsor me tapes as we speak or drawing up graphics for their new board company that they plan on creating one day. You're right about them having to play up to their niche of course but there's something great about a weirdo that's just oblivious to the whole thing.
    But your initial statement was saying whether there was a 'place for them' and I don't think there is a proper place for them unless they play to their strengths. Yes being oblivious does make it sicker in a way but by being oblivious also means you're still trying to get a conventional sponsor which in turn means you don't really 'have a place'

These kinda guys need to take their form of skating on its own path, start up their own little board brands etc. which only comes from a degree of self awareness

Übermensch

It's like some minimal techno producer just focusing on getting his tunes to No.1 in the charts...

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by Haven_Hamilton View Post
    But your initial statement was saying whether there was a 'place for them' and I don't think there is a proper place for them unless they play to their strengths. Yes being oblivious does make it sicker in a way but by being oblivious also means you're still trying to get a conventional sponsor which in turn means you don't really 'have a place'

These kinda guys need to take their form of skating on its own path, start up their own little board brands etc. which only comes from a degree of self awareness
    Yeah you're right. I've muddled myself abit. I suppose I think there is a place for them in the public domain but not at a professional level

Übermensch

Yeah you're right. I've muddled myself abit. I suppose I think there is a place for them in the public domain but not at a professional level
    Yeah there definitely is within the broader public domain. Like I'm sure this Jeff Dechesare section could get on the front page of Reddit vs. a Nik Stain section or something

there's always been freaks and weirdos and tech stinkers in skateboarding but now there is a platform for them for the world to see them every day with Instagram and you-tube.
    Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    im not a racist you just look like a potato

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by hugo View Post
    there's always been freaks and weirdos and tech stinkers in skateboarding but now there is a platform for them for the world to see them every day with Instagram and you-tube.
    They've always managed to squeeze in somewhere though. Sherwood and Falcon being good examples.
    It's kind of funny how Jamal Smith started out as a youtube weirdo but was so loveable and cool that everyone just rated him and now he rides for palace.

Übermensch

They've always managed to squeeze in somewhere though. Sherwood and Falcon being good examples.
    It's kind of funny how Jamal Smith started out as a youtube weirdo but was so loveable and cool that everyone just rated him and now he rides for palace.
    Yeah I thinks partly because he had enough self awareness and took the piss out of himself and wasn't chasing sponsorhip.

Not to mention his style is actually good and thohg mega spinny stuff he does on paper should be fucking horrible but he makes it work so well. Also he can do some legit more conventionally 'tasteful' tricks as well (ie. his line at Fairfields in Palace vid)

Übermensch

Yeah I thinks partly because he had enough self awareness and took the piss out of himself and wasn't chasing sponsorhip.

Not to mention his style is actually good and thohg mega spinny stuff he does on paper should be fucking horrible but he makes it work so well. Also he can do some legit more conventionally 'tasteful' tricks as well (ie. his line at Fairfields in Palace vid)
    Yeah definitely, his self awareness sets him apart. He is aware that he is a goof and has fun with it, which differentiates him. He isn't a great example but was the first 'youtube' skater.

There are less stinkers in this world than there are fake steezers who do the right tricks/wear the right clothes. I find their innocence endearing.
    Absolutely.

He recently said something about not being able to do kickflips but being on the same team as Lucas and it was so rad.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post

He recently said something about not being able to do kickflips but being on the same team as Lucas and it was so rad.
    Yeah Jamal Smith's Twitter is probably one of the best things about skateboarding social media. Keeps it real as fuck

Thread Information