Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Converse - Purple

Default Re: Converse - Purple

Wasn't bothered by him, he'd be a DVD skipper though.
    I'm not even sure on DeKeyser to be honest. I should like him because the tricks are insane and right up my alley but he's so straight legged and his face makes me angry. He may just be a shy quiet boy but it does seem like he's going for a look and his poker face is his shtick.

Übermensch ihatethegeneralpublic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haven_Hamilton View Post
    Don't see that one at all
    Well, as I say, if anything. Fairly sure I'm not the first to have said it, but at times it looks like he's tried to copy the way Pops sets up before a trick.

If I'm only the only one that thinks that, oh well, there's enough other people to watch, it's not like people are trying to make him out as a legend in the making or anything.

Stop talking about Sean Pablo.

Who cares. He likes trousers. And a mall aesthetic version of punk rock. That's fine.

Meanwhile, Jake Johnson was in this video.

Jake Johnson nollie cabbed (or whatever the kids are calling it now) over a bump to bar. And it looked fantastic.

Jake Johnson is in this video. I'm just repeating that.

He was in the video. Doing skateboard tricks. One of them was a back 180. And it looked like the best shit ever.

Besides, if we're going to talk outfits and skateboarding we should be talking about that Kevin kid. Because he's actually pretty good at both.

Or Eli Reed. Because he's only good at one of them.

Übermensch

The way Kenny Anderson pops out of that back lip, and the speedy fakie nose wheelie thingy

Quote Originally Posted by Dent Face View Post
    Enjoyed this a lot, but...

Etnies video had far better skating in it. As said, some sections in this felt a little flimsy. I reckon they may have rushed this a little. To me, Bobby de K had the only properly weighty section (2 songs, full of bangers). Felt Louie, Jake Johnson, Sage and a few others needed a few more bangerz to beef out their respective sections. I have a weird feeling that Converse might be cutting back their marketing budget and wanted this out ASAP. I know they've been working on it for a few years, but they let Nuge go and Ben K left. Maybe they're about to slim down the skate programme? I doubt Nike would want to waste money on two brands essentially competing over the same customers. This is pure speculation though.

Sean P had the best song but too many of the same tricks. Conflicted. I think I actually quite like Sean P, begrudgingly.

The Herrington-Zered-Eli section was very rad.
    they've just cut their entire canada team and have pulled all their shoes from SOSs in a move similar to nike, possibly testing the waters for doing things similar elsewhere
    Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by skateharrogate View Post
    He is amazing, but aesthetically that hair is not pleasing to me.

Übermensch ihatethegeneralpublic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wayoutskates View Post
    they've just cut their entire canada team and have pulled all their shoes from SOSs in a move similar to nike, possibly testing the waters for doing things similar elsewhere
    Wow, that seems quite a bold move.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatethegeneralpublic View Post
    Well, as I say, if anything. Fairly sure I'm not the first to have said it, but at times it looks like he's tried to copy the way Pops sets up before a trick.
    Its my immediate thought every time I see his footage. I think it's the slight hunch and the way he holds his arms, plus a small facial similarity.

also I think it shows more prominently on tricks where there's a longer shot/set up shot of the trick ride up. He does a back tail on a ledge and the set up shot makes him look like pops circa FF.
    Last edited by bearVSshark; 8th May 2018 at 07:13 PM.
    poison...poison...TASTY FISH!

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by jagger View Post
    Whatever your personal opinion on someones skateboarding surely comparing them to their close friend and team mate who tragically died of cancer is probably a bit much, no? Plus it makes no fucking sense either
    My comparison is purely based on the skateboarding alone. Dylan was an incredible skateboarder. Personally, I feel Pablo skates similarly but (as someone else mentioned), Dylan did it first and with better style and power. For me, if he wasn't in the video it would have made to overall video stronger. The same goes for K-Rod. But that is just the opinion of one arsehole on the internet. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

If anything, I thought I'd get called out on the French people comment...but lets be real. No one is going to stand up for the French.

Quote Originally Posted by SK8PPL View Post
    Jake Johnson nollie cabbed (or whatever the kids are calling it now)
    Adults call that a nollie 360 because it is a nollie 360 and nothing else.

Just watched it for the third time. Skipped Sage and K-Rod because... Well, you know why.
    Manderson is fucking sick. His section is banging, can't believe he filmed that and his LSD section at the same time. Dude doesn't fuck about. Lou-Lo's fake bluntslide 270 out mid ledge is so ill. Jake Johnson's shit was pretty rad too. That kickflip up that roof or whatever it is and the 180 fakie 5-0 in Paris, wow.

Great video!
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Initiate

Manderson is a fucking beast

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post
    Adults call that a nollie 360 because it is a nollie 360 and nothing else.
    <3

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by LondonSkater View Post
    My comparison is purely based on the skateboarding alone. Dylan was an incredible skateboarder. Personally, I feel Pablo skates similarly but (as someone else mentioned), Dylan did it first and with better style and power. For me, if he wasn't in the video it would have made to overall video stronger. The same goes for K-Rod. But that is just the opinion of one arsehole on the internet. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

If anything, I thought I'd get called out on the French people comment...but lets be real. No one is going to stand up for the French.
    He didn't do it first at all though? They have both been around. Why do you feel the need to compare people like this? it's infantile bollocks mate

edit- and do what first? wear trousers?
    Last edited by jagger; 8th May 2018 at 11:26 PM.

The only comparisons I can think of is they have both done impossible nose manny's and are ridiculously pretty. That's about it.

I personally like Swan's skating and thought he did get pretty gnarly in this, for him.
    ...kiss me with apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by jagger View Post
    He didn't do it first at all though? They have both been around. Why do you feel the need to compare people like this? it's infantile bollocks mate
    Sean and Dylan were friends. Dylan was older. It's so obvious Dylan had a massive influence on Sean.

I think it's far more infantile to throw a hissy fit anytime people comment on someone you're connected to. LS wasn't being negative.

Thread Information