Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018

Default Re: World Cup 2018

It's going to take a small miracle to get this to extra time. Absolutely dead on their feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Unnamed skateboard companies, patios, Alan Shearer, Ric Flair, Palace, patios again, Scrooge McDuck, Jimmy Saville and a Jack the Ripper conspiracy, proper use of apostrophes, Stu Forder, anon's short Mills & Boon writing career, Rye wanking in a cupboard, repressed freestylers and finally Les Zeppelin's short intro to a romance novel.

Da dream is dead.
    Unnamed skateboard companies, patios, Alan Shearer, Ric Flair, Palace, patios again, Scrooge McDuck, Jimmy Saville and a Jack the Ripper conspiracy, proper use of apostrophes, Stu Forder, anon's short Mills & Boon writing career, Rye wanking in a cupboard, repressed freestylers and finally Les Zeppelin's short intro to a romance novel.

I’m already over it, Love Island is on.
    Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    im not a racist you just look like a potato

Composure. One team had it in Modric and the other team didn’t. Something familiar about this defeat despite it coming in a semi-final. Hoof it long and hope. The real England steps up.

#notamake
    Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    im not a racist you just look like a potato

Quote Originally Posted by InPraiseOfIdleness View Post
    I have to admit I am shitting my pants a little bit. Everyone is just assuming we're playing France in the final, but forgetting that Croatia are actually a good team.
    This is nothing new! Look at the Croatian line up, there's a bunch of heavy hitters in La Liga and Serie A, with just 1 or 2 in the EPL. Pretty easy for UK media to overlook that to be fair.

Commiserations England. For the first time in a long time, your team played pretty well and thankfully, your fans didn't make an unholy show of themselves like we've all come to expect. For the eager neutral, it was an enjoyable game and for the most part, difficult to call between to the two sides, but It wasn't your night tonight fellas. Got my fingers crossed for Croatia on Sunday.
    Last edited by ciaran; 4 Days Ago at 10:58 PM.

‹bermensch ihatethegeneralpublic's Avatar

Croatia were the better side, they were just much, much more composed on the ball. A semi final is not a bad effort at all even if the teams faced weren't of particularly high quality, Belgium aside.

Stoked everyone took losing in good spirit last night in town and just said fuck it letís just keep enjoying the night anyway.

this hit me hard, don't think i've ever been so invested in sport before. i've had such a good time following england, shame it's all over. oh well, here's to 2020
    Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by skateharrogate View Post
    He is amazing, but aesthetically that hair is not pleasing to me.

On 606 on five live tonight someone has said that Harry Kane should hand his golden boot back, someone else said it was the worst world cup ever and someone right now is HAMMERING Gareth Southgate.

I've suddenly remembered why I don't like England football fans.

Edit: they've ended with this pearler.

Connor: you're up, what's your call.

Caller: England have a had a poor tournament. *goes on 3 minute rambling rant about why a Team who got to the semi finals of the world cup had a poor tournament.

Incredible but also sadly credible.
    Last edited by Les Zeppelin; 23 Hours Ago at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin View Post
    On 606 on five live tonight someone has said that Harry Kane should hand his golden boot back, someone else said it was the worst world cup ever and someone right now is HAMMERING Gareth Southgate.

I've suddenly remembered why I don't like England football fans.

Edit: they've ended with this pearler.

Connor: you're up, what's your call.

Caller: England have a had a poor tournament. *goes on 3 minute rambling rant about why a Team who got to the semi finals of the world cup had a poor tournament.

Incredible but also sadly credible.
    i guarantee you if we had won it someone would phone up saying we didnt deserve it, had an easy path, wernt the best team etc. thats how tournaments work. the best team/player doesn't always win it.

as for England, we had a decent tournament. we wernt the 4th best team but came forth. its encouraging, and for a change the team came out of it looking pretty good.

we do need that spark though, that amazing player to lift us to a better level. a gazza, for want of a more recent example who can elevate the team like ronaldo does for Portugal.

unfortunately i think this will raise the expectations again and come the euros we may find ourselves going into it expecting too much again and it may be a bit of a reality check.

‹bermensch

I think it's time to look into getting a job as a professional referee because I'm sure we all saw 'penalty' farce yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by telmernatorx View Post
    we do need that spark though, that amazing player to lift us to a better level. a gazza, for want of a more recent example who can elevate the team like ronaldo does for Portugal..
    Yep. Like I was saying, I don't think the country would care if one of the current team broke their metatarsal like Rooney or Becks. When it was 'We've lost before we've even got there!!!' hysteria. We'd be 'Oh, just replace him with that other player over there.' Look at Sterling's record for England too, get him off the pitch. He's had his chance.

‹bermensch ihatethegeneralpublic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    Look at Sterling's record for England too, get him off the pitch. He's had his chance.
    I think that's a fair request now, I know people tried moaning at Sterling before the tournament and then he was late for training and all that but I was still glad he was given another shot all the same, now it's simply two tournaments with zero goals and zero assists as a forward player. Not worked. There's been plenty of good players that haven't performed for their national sides, he's just another.

Otherwise I think we just have to work as best we can with what we have.

Thread Information