Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hop King

▄bermensch

Default Re: Hop King

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    And Haven, you're completely wrong again. Absolutely nothing like that. Got too much on as it is and I definitely didn't even think about that. I'm in CAMRA for the discount, but I know fuck all about all these weird trendy beers.
    I was fucking with you...

Also 'wrong again'??? Mate I'm never wrong

The Lizard Force army thing looks like it’s meant to be some modern David Icke joke. Lizard people, illuminati triangles and the eye.

‘Turning mankind into sausages’, are Lost Art serving us hotdogs made of humans? Are they the Lizard people? Yeah it’s art is lost (pun intended) on me.

It's pretty simple, instead of moaning and scrutinising do your own and make it better?
    I do feel confused though you want it to be core skateboarding and no cross over yet your fav UK brand does nothing but that!! :P

Just think the print game has changed, so the sturdy historic rules/recipe can't apply anymore. You have to think of ways to appeal to more than just skaters otherwise you sink.
    Personally I think inlining and scootering are back on the up and they're missing a trick there!!! colabs with Skatehut, just like all them great youtube adverts I keep seeing from them :facepalm:

here's a good one:

Quote Originally Posted by weed View Post
    your clearly not married to the streets

wut
    Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by skateharrogate View Post
    He is amazing, but aesthetically that hair is not pleasing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by henessy View Post
    It's pretty simple, instead of moaning and scrutinising do your own and make it better?
    I'm doing what I can. Next one is going to be pretty special, btw.

I do feel confused though you want it to be core skateboarding and no cross over yet your fav UK brand does nothing but that!! :P
    Being able to buy a nice pair of shoes with two logos on them is more satisfying than trying to decipher an interview with plastic toys.

Just think the print game has changed, so the sturdy historic rules/recipe can't apply anymore. You have to think of ways to appeal to more than just skaters otherwise you sink.
    Like core shops having to sell scooters for now, and those dudes not being able to take holidays, just to keep the electric on? Or is it that skateboard credibility was a good foot in the door for some dudes making a beer-and-art magazine? Is the skateboarding being faded out? I'd think that having such increasing non-skate content will alienate skateboarders (the people who made the magazine appealing) and then other people will stop caring.

I know Reece is only one man, but the whole thing should be him. Do they have broader distro because of the 'diverse' topics they cover? If this was getting sent to pubs I'd understand, and non-skate people would get to see some amazing photos. Anybody know if it is? I guess the beer in the mag is pretty niche, so maybe not.

I'm glad it exists, I just wish it made more sense.

here's a good one:

One Eight.

Ultra King

'One Ate'

@buildafire I'm just teasing, if I'm honest all this is pretty irrelevant to me as beer isn't my thing, so I'm going to care even less about breweries.
    But it's alright there must be a demographic for it otherwise they wouldn't still be going and there is good skate content in there so it's all good in my eyes.
    I assume it's a venture that needs to be self sufficient and in print you can't appeal to just skateboarders? Pretty out of touch so these are just assumption from my field of vision.

I tried to keep it #coreAsFuck and man is it a pain in the arse!! think what we see as skateboarding isn't what new skaters see. We're no longer this niche community, from what I gather the fashion is scally chic and it's hard to decipher who is and isn't a skater. Lots has crossed over as main stream popularity has grown. But same shit happened when vert was massive in the 80's.

Point being fuck it, things change and they're not always to everyone's taste »\_(ツ)_/» I understand that Vague might not be portraying or giving a representation of what you think skateboarding is and if it's crossing over to non skaters they might get the wrong idea but meh. I see skateboarders in loads of tv/online adverts at the moment (cars, perfume, fashion...). It doesn't mater to me, I'm selfish and I know the side of skating I like and I'll keep doing that hopefully it rubs off on some younger dudes around and they enjoy it in the same way or maybe it doesn't and they enjoy skateboarding differently.

Didn't realise you were involved with a mag, which one is it?

edit: this really shouldn't be in the same thread as Hop King, being it's unearthing old loiterers and SEO potential hahaha
    also the video contrast of 1.8 and helmet was too good!
    Last edited by henessy; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:56 PM.

I tried to keep it #coreAsFuck and man is it a pain in the arse!! think what we see as skateboarding isn't what new skaters see. We're no longer this niche community, from what I gather the fashion is scally chic and it's hard to decipher who is and isn't a skater. Lots has crossed over as main stream popularity has grown. But same shit happened when vert was massive in the 80's.
    Right, that's well said. And probably what I'm trying to say. In 2018 you can be a skateboarder and you can dress how you like, listen to what you like, fuck who you like, eat what you like and read what you like. This is as good a time as ever for niche publications - periodicals or the availability or something more substantial - and people are able to seek these out, via pals, mail order or zine fairs. Which is why it seems so crazy that Vague want to scratch the surface of so many things in such a small format, while still making sure, quite rightly, that the skate photos get priority. It just seems like a beer company have dumped money on it and they've been told to make six issues or something, and they'll check again in 18 months.

I do the feature interviews for North. Most recently Mark Suciu.

▄bermensch

I love beer

ah cool that was an interesting interview and North is rad

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    It just seems like a beer company have dumped money on it and they've been told to make six issues or something, and they'll check again in 18 months.
    Pretty sure that's not the deal, isn't it all independent breweries they cover? doubt they'd have the dosh.

ah cool that was an interesting interview and North is rad

Pretty sure that's not the deal, isn't it all independent breweries they cover? doubt they'd have the dosh.
    Fair enough, yep. Some big brewers do have their secret little craft brewers, like a lot of independent labels were actually pretend independents run by majors to look cool, but the photos of these dudes in Vague doesn't really suggest that.

Thread Information