Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: UFC thread

  1. #1
    ‹bermensch telmernatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,728

    Default UFC thread

    probably already is one of these but i can be bothered to look for it now.

    Must be some fans here,

    Khabib vs Conner this weekend, biggest fight in a while,

    could go either way, could be a 5 round epic, 30 second anti climax, or 25 minutes of a man getting mauled like a rag doll and beaten up on the ground.

    i cant wait, who do you fancy for it?

  2. #2
    Ultra King
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,203

    Default Re: UFC thread

    I want Khabib to win just because Conor needs humbling. But it's a real 50-50 match up. Top striker vs Top grappler.
    If it goes all five rounds and Khabib wasn't mauling Connor for at least 4 of those, I can see the judges getting pockets lined with irish gold coins and giving it to mcgregor.
    Quote Originally Posted by frome_skater View Post
    I always thought it was called sidewalk becuase when you skate you walk sideways
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin
    I checked it and I chilled

  3. #3
    ‹bermensch telmernatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,728

    Default Re: UFC thread

    yeah me too on khabib, conner just seems to come of as a bit of a dick these days. i think its going to be hard for conner not to get what seems like a iffy decision if it goes the distance.

    yeah he can stuff kabibs take downs early on but i think by the end of the first he will be on the deck with khabib on top. it will be interesting as conner isnt as bad on the ground as people think. recently got his brown belt in BJJ so will be interesting. Khabib by all accounts is a different animal on the ground to anything he will have experienced. many people saying when khabib gets you down it feels more like a heavy weight on top of you.

    conner though can still catch khabib though early doors if like aldo he goes in with his heart and not his head. very intersting fight, stylistically bad for both so i cant wait.

  4. #4

    Default Re: UFC thread

    The classic mixed martial arts match up. Can't wait!

  5. #5
    Ultra King
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Black Country
    Posts
    11,740

    Default Re: UFC thread

    will be decided in the first 90 seconds by Kabib's footwork and stance

  6. #6
    Ultra King
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,203

    Default Re: UFC thread

    Khabib is the best. McGregor has been revealed for the mediocre fighter he is.
    As for the post-fight melee, watch this.
    Dilon Danis taunting Khabib.
    McGregor throwing the first ounch against one of Khabib's guys.

    And McGregor keeps his purse and Khabib's doesn't plus his position as champ is uneder review...? Fuck the UFC.

    Quote Originally Posted by frome_skater View Post
    I always thought it was called sidewalk becuase when you skate you walk sideways
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin
    I checked it and I chilled

  7. #7

    Default Re: UFC thread

    First off, McGregor is far from mediocre!

    Are you watching the same clip? Khabib jumped out of the cage and started fighting with Dillon Dannis (Connor's BJJ coach) way before Conor threw a punch at other member of Khabib's team climbing over the cage presumably to join in the melee.


    Not defending either participants actions. Connor smashed up the bus in NY - Khabib fucked up their whole team!



    Also, I really feel for Tony Ferguson in this situation. Blew his knee out the day before defending his title fight against Khabib in NYC. The UFC stripped Ferguson of his belt, then allowed Khabib to fight Aliquinta for the title who wasn't even a top 10 ranked, and Khabib easily beat. Then Khabib goes on to defend "his" title against Connor yesterday.
    Ferguson fought Pettis in the co-main event and it was a WAR! Amazing fight from both guys and the respect and sportsmanship shown to each other afterwards was incredible. Then this shit show unfolded!
    Last edited by baremerk; 1 Week Ago at 08:24 PM.

  8. #8
    Moderator Spanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    9,330

    Default Re: UFC thread

    I watched this fight yesterday and was a bit meh. The brawl afterwards left a sour taste. Seems like mostly showmanship and bravado and McGregor plays up to it a little bit too much.

    The whole MMA thing a bit of a guilty pleasure. I've always felt boxing is way better.
    Get down with your bad self
    skateboardrumours.co.uk

    Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP.

  9. #9
    ‹bermensch telmernatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,728

    Default Re: UFC thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    Khabib is the best. McGregor has been revealed for the mediocre fighter he is.
    As for the post-fight melee, watch this.
    Dilon Danis taunting Khabib.
    McGregor throwing the first ounch against one of Khabib's guys.

    And McGregor keeps his purse and Khabib's doesn't plus his position as champ is uneder review...? Fuck the UFC.

    look, im deligted khabib won, far superior performance, totally dominated. connor created this mayhem before the fight. you can trash talk etc but he insulted khabib, his family, his country, his religion. he turned up in new york and nearly blinded people with the dolly antics. he said is khabib got off the bus he would have killed up and be in a cell. for all his antics no one stops him from behaving, saying, and doing what he likes. he has become bigger than the company and dana doesn't have the balls to do anything about it. you cant create that animosity and expect someone as serious as khabib to just laugh it off.

    connor should have faced recriminations from ufc after the new york debacle as much as khabib if indeed khabib does get any. connor wont though as dana knows with out him the ufc isnt in great shape. poor ppv numbers on many poor cards. very few superstars and too many bull shit intrim belts that dont count for shit.

    at any rate, you think khabib cares? he just beat the shit out of the ufc poster boy, just beat him up like a little kid. he will walk off and never come back. hes 27/0, whos he gonna fight? Ferguson? not interested, petis? not now. only maybe GSP in a superfight. but more likely hes back off to russia never to return and into politics of some nonsense.

  10. #10
    ‹bermensch telmernatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,728

    Default Re: UFC thread

    Quote Originally Posted by baremerk View Post
    Also, I really feel for Tony Ferguson in this situation. Blew his knee out the day before defending his title fight against Khabib in NYC. The UFC stripped Ferguson of his belt, then allowed Khabib to fight Aliquinta for the title who wasn't even a top 10 ranked, and Khabib easily beat. Then Khabib goes on to defend "his" title against Connor yesterday.
    Ferguson fought Pettis in the co-main event and it was a WAR! Amazing fight from both guys and the respect and sportsmanship shown to each other afterwards was incredible. Then this shit show unfolded!
    furguson was amazing by the way, what a comeback.


    Tony should fight Connor now and finish it, once the ufc clowns probably strip khabib of the belt or he retires

  11. #11
    Ultra King
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,203

    Default Re: UFC thread

    Quote Originally Posted by telmernatorx View Post
    furguson was amazing by the way, what a comeback.


    Tony should fight Connor now and finish it, once the ufc clowns probably strip khabib of the belt or he retires
    Exactly! Posted it for me...

    For all the Conor nuthuggers, guess you didn't pick up on any of this during the fight?



    But yeah, UFC is turning to garbage with all their pick and choose fights. I mean what the fucks up withe the headliner for 230???
    Quote Originally Posted by frome_skater View Post
    I always thought it was called sidewalk becuase when you skate you walk sideways
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin
    I checked it and I chilled

  12. #12
    Moderator Les Zeppelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    cardiff/pembrokeshire
    Posts
    20,032

    Default Re: UFC thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    Exactly! Posted it for me...

    For all the Conor nuthuggers, guess you didn't pick up on any of this during the fight?



    But yeah, UFC is turning to garbage with all their pick and choose fights. I mean what the fucks up withe the headliner for 230???
    This was the first UFC fight I've ever watched. I don't think it needs a youtube compilation video to point all this out, he got absolutely battered all ends up.
    It (the sport) was way more brutal than I thought it was going to be. When he was lying on top of him and just raining punches on him I couldn't believe the fight wasn't stopped then.

    The afters were top class entertainment I thought.

    The highlight of the whole show was in the the interviews afterwards with one of the guys who won earlier on in the night:

    "how are you going to celebrate tonight?"
    "I'm going to get my wifes legs in the air and then see where we go from there"
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Unnamed skateboard companies, patios, Alan Shearer, Ric Flair, Palace, patios again, Scrooge McDuck, Jimmy Saville and a Jack the Ripper conspiracy, proper use of apostrophes, Stu Forder, anon's short Mills & Boon writing career, Rye wanking in a cupboard, repressed freestylers and finally Les Zeppelin's short intro to a romance novel.

  13. #13
    Ultra King
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,203

    Default Re: UFC thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin View Post
    The highlight of the whole show was in the the interviews afterwards with one of the guys who won earlier on in the night:

    "how are you going to celebrate tonight?"
    "I'm going to get my wifes legs in the air and then see where we go from there"
    Sounds like something Derrick Lewis would say...

    Joe Rogan: Derrick, why did you take your shorts off?

    Derrick Lewis: Because my balls are hot Joe.

    JR: That was an impressive performance which puts you right up there for title contention

    DL: Hell no, you see my cardio???
    Quote Originally Posted by frome_skater View Post
    I always thought it was called sidewalk becuase when you skate you walk sideways
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin
    I checked it and I chilled

  14. #14
    ‹bermensch telmernatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,728

    Default Re: UFC thread

    Derek Lewis is always good for a soundbite

  15. #15

    Default Re: UFC thread

    The Black Beast is a legend!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 23rd September 2008, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •