Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endemic for Sale?

Default Endemic for Sale?

https://www.businessesforsale.com/es..._OMFXxjkFfNNsA

Damn such a shame. UK Staple, with some of the best shop clothes along with Bored. Hope all is good Andy!

Default Re: Endemic for Sale?

Damn. Met Andy at Blessed, absolutely brilliant guy. Hope this all goes well.

Shop rent £5500 per annum and 100% rates relief? Holy shit that's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway Twitty's BMX View Post
    Shop rent £5500 per annum and 100% rates relief? Holy shit that's cheap.
    Which is all the more interesting as to why its up.

While Endemic is in a central location in Huddersfield, and the rent seems reasonable, I remember Andy telling me the council has somewhat fucked up the accessibility to the shop for parking/traffic around the area Endemic is in which might be having an impact on sales, etc, and contributed to this. I think he even got a ticket for unloading his car outside the shop not too long ago. Whatever happens, I hope things work out, he's a good dude.
    Last edited by Farran Golding; 10th December 2018 at 01:42 PM.

Huddersfield is a challenging location.

Sucks to see this - Andy was/is a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by baremerk View Post
    Huddersfield is a challenging location.

Sucks to see this - Andy was/is a legend.
    Yeah it really sucks I hate seeing these little shops go. A whole ecosystem gets taken down with them. It's even worse when you realise that it isn't working with rents that low. Damn.

But then again, and for the interests of the sale of the business, we shouldn't be speculating that it's doing badly. Maybe the owner just wants out for personal reasons, or whatever. £100k turnover still gives plenty of room for profit.

‹bermensch

But then again, and for the interests of the sale of the business, we shouldn't be speculating that it's doing badly. Maybe the owner just wants out for personal reasons, or whatever. £100k turnover still gives plenty of room for profit.
    Running a skate shop is a real lot of hard work, a stupid amount for how much money you actually make. Plus it's thankless, tedious and often very boring.

Obviously there's a lot of good bits too but regardless of profitability I can fully sympathise with someone wanting to get out and do something else after a long stint like Andy has done.

Endemic is a really rad shop which supports a really rad scene. I hope Andy finds a buyer and that buyer continues the shop’s good work.

Good luck with the sale Andy
    Get down with your bad self
    skateboardrumours.co.uk

Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP.

Sounds crazy, but just make sure you buy all your hardware in-store at your local and that is really all you need to do. Most small local stores could survive with that kind of boost. It's your choice what you do with your own money, and your spending power helps to build the world you live in. Spend money online, get more online businesses and lose bricks and mortar businesses. Your choice.

Personally I think it is more fun to buy your skateboard at a skate shop where you can stand on it, ask the staff about the boards, what people are saying, and of course get it gripped. I know a lot of people feel a bit embarassed about being skateboarders and like to get their deck shipped to their house in plain packaging so they can set it up in private and only shuffle it out to the boot of the car under cover of darkness...but you guys need to get over it.

Go to your local skate shop this weekend.

I know a lot of people feel a bit embarassed about being skateboarders and like to get their deck shipped to their house in plain packaging so they can set it up in private and only shuffle it out to the boot of the car under cover of darkness...but you guys need to get over it.
    Really? Can't say I have ever heard that shit. These tender cretins shouldn't even be skateboarding then if they can't even buy a board. Surely for a poser the buying thing is the bit that gives them the fake kudos rush and the actually skateboarding in front of others at the skatepark is the embarrassing bit.

Sounds crazy, but just make sure you buy all your hardware in-store at your local and that is really all you need to do. Most small local stores could survive with that kind of boost. It's your choice what you do with your own money, and your spending power helps to build the world you live in. Spend money online, get more online businesses and lose bricks and mortar businesses. Your choice.

Personally I think it is more fun to buy your skateboard at a skate shop where you can stand on it, ask the staff about the boards, what people are saying, and of course get it gripped. I know a lot of people feel a bit embarassed about being skateboarders and like to get their deck shipped to their house in plain packaging so they can set it up in private and only shuffle it out to the boot of the car under cover of darkness...but you guys need to get over it.

Go to your local skate shop this weekend.
    The shops I go in don't even have all their stock online. Maybe they don't have time, or know it'll sell when it gets stock out on the shop floor anyway, but you see more stuff in an actual shop. And the choice of free stuff is always better. As if a mail order is going to sling you stickers AND a copy of each of North, Free, Grey, Solo or whatever. You can scoop those all up in the shop, while watching a video and talking shit with the guy in there. Hanging around in skate shops is rad. Still.

Although with this said I do order from Endemic, Palomino and Flatspot when I need something my locals don't have.

Thread Information