Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parade World?

Default Parade World?

whats this all about, like a marketplace for shops?

https://www.instagram.com/paradeworld/

▄bermensch

Default Re: Parade World?

I think its suppose to be a place to buy shit, but it only sends you or links you to SOS-ish stores etc

didnt there used to be a wrist work out magazine called parade? cant check as im at work

does anyone know if parade mag is still available?
    at work too.

Amazon for skate shops by the sound of it, Neil Chester is behind it.

There’s going to be a team too - that Brazilian kid, Heitor Da Silva, who just got on Palace is riding for it according to his interview in the latest issue of Grey
    Last edited by Farran Golding; 23rd January 2019 at 01:18 PM.

▄bermensch

Interesting idea but curious as to how it works for widely available products, like lets say you wanted an 8.25 Polar board that 10 different shops carry for the same price, where does it send you?

▄bermensch

Would love to see it work out and 100% admire the intention but almost feels like its 10 years too late

Just eat for polar boards? Is there really the need for this? If there is a specific product you want, wouldn't you just google it? Can you be loyal to a skateshop whilst letting someone get a % of the profit?

▄bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by Harold on the rocks View Post
    Can you be loyal to a skateshop whilst letting someone get a % of the profit?
    Spot on

I guess the fairest way is to point the buyer to the shop most local, if most shops have what they want?

Local skate shops can't compete online and probably shouldn't even try. I guess this may drip feed an occasional sale, but you can already use DePop or eBay for that.

Sadly with so many non bricks and mortar or faux bricks and mortar online shops out there it's impossible to compete. To be top class you need a warehouse with a dedicated despatch team. The big players can offer 1 day delivery, free P&P, tracking and all the other stuff that comes with scaling up.

I'm not trying to be negative, just of the opinion that focusing on the in-store experience - advice, quality product selection, assistance setting up, gripping decks, selling single bearings - and all that shit is pretty much the definition of your business as a local skate shop now. Run it with minimal overheads and minimal stock holding and you should be ok.

Also, fuck Nike, adidas, Palace, Vans, and all the other bullshit companies that try and get you to commit to massive pre-orders, open an outlet store down the road, hold back the best product for themselves and send you shit, or bait and switch you to take advantage of a route to market they should never have been allowed to follow.

▄bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    I guess the fairest way is to point the buyer to the shop most local, if most shops have what they want?
    That's all I could really think of as being a fair way, but at the same time if someone is internet savvy enough to come across this Parade place you'd think they would have googled local skate shops first?

That's why it all feels like its too late, I don't really get who they are targeting. In 2019 every skate shop has their own online store that are easily google'able, the only way I could feel this could really succeed is if they really hammered the SEO and came up ahead of the usual suspects (Route One, Skate Hut etc. ) to target the more clueless people out there either just getting into skating or getting back on the board after a long time off, but not sure how feasible that is.

▄bermensch

It feels like the whole 'support core skate shops/ buy SOS' narrative has been pushed so hard for so long that those who buy into it buy into it and those who want the cheapest product with no care where the money goes are just going to do that. Some 'marketplace' with trendy design isn't enough to make people part with more money.

but at the same time, I don't have a list of all the SOS's in the country, and if I'm looking for a cheap pair of shoes it gets tiring going through 10 sites of dross and checking size availability and all that. Having a central single-search application would be useful for that.

▄bermensch

Yeah sale rack stuff it could be useful since it usually the leftovers odd sizes of stuff, but this doesn't strike me as a bargain bin sorting tool to me. Whenever I've bought full price stuff I've never had trouble finding the right size within one or two search results unless it came out ages ago or is particularly hyped/ has limited quantities in which case that stuff sells out everywhere at the same rate typically.

Thread Information