Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parade World?

‹bermensch

Default Re: Parade World?

Anyway on a semi related note heard a large online retailer and shoe company are opening a combined physical store in London, not sure on specifics but sounds like a fuck you to established stores

Quote Originally Posted by Haven_Hamilton View Post
    Think we're thinking on different terms here, I was referring to Parade itself being a successful and recognised platform. Wasn't taking into account the skate shops operations as well, just Parade becoming a go to site
    Oh ok. To be fair I donít even know what it is only whatís been said here - amazon for SOS. If itís an online retailer in its own right thatís entirely different.

Initiate

Anyway on a semi related note heard a large online retailer and shoe company are opening a combined physical store in London, not sure on specifics but sounds like a fuck you to established stores
    I'm guessing it could only be one of three shoe companies and a couple of online retailers?

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by jwdharris16 View Post
    I'm guessing it could only be one of three shoe companies and a couple of online retailers?
    No

‹bermensch

It's Straye and Kate's Skates

Initiate

Match made in heaven

Goon

It's Straye and Kate's Skates
    I'm well out of the loop so can't tell if this is serious. Has Straye got some financial clout?

As you may have noticed, book selling, the music industry, fashion retail, food delivery, car hire, flight selection, film making and countless other industries have been transformed by innovative technologies that empower users and disrupt long-outmoded ways of working that were mostly one-sided, grossly inefficient and certainly didn't listen to you.

These industries refined their 20th century business models into extinction through a delightful combination of arrogance and ignorance.

For all the claims our culture has about innovation and trend setting, the world of buying and selling skateboards has been stuck in the 80s. Even the few online retailers fail to grasp the radical power of networked economies, the blending of personalisation at scale, the ability for local skate shops to operate nationally and globally, the farming out of technical expertise to those that know it so the core can focus on skateboarders and what they want.

It looks like Parade get this, and if so we will all benefit.

Is this a bit like The Berrics - Unified? That didn’t work. Also does the SOS have to sign up and give 20% to Parade World like Just Eat for any sales? Will it only be real skate shops that you can walk off the street into? So many questions.

‹bermensch

Would the ideal solution to sos’ shutting down and not making enough money be to amalgamate and have ideal, slam, welcome, pyramid etc share a warehouse and stock. Rebranding as one sos multi brick and mortar shop operation that would support each other and make a bigger pot for the physical shops from a shared online shop and warehouse.

each shop would retain their team and have a quota of edits, events and local promotion required to drum up sales in their area. If they fall behind and there’s not enough sales going through the physical shop gets cut and the team/ shop owner promote and push sales through the local team.

everyone gets to retain their regional cultural identity but pools money from a larger pot.

am I a genius?

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryconroy View Post
    Would the ideal solution to sosí shutting down and not making enough money be to amalgamate and have ideal, slam, welcome, pyramid etc share a warehouse and stock. Rebranding as one sos multi brick and mortar shop operation that would support each other and make a bigger pot for the physical shops from a shared online shop and warehouse.

each shop would retain their team and have a quota of edits, events and local promotion required to drum up sales in their area. If they fall behind and thereís not enough sales going through the physical shop gets cut and the team/ shop owner promote and push sales through the local team.

everyone gets to retain their regional cultural identity but pools money from a larger pot.

am I a genius?
    Distributors may as well fulfil online orders directly if youíre going to go down that route. The shop could act as an affiliate and hand over the sale.

Personally donít think that approach has legs.

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by Conway Twitty's BMX View Post
    Distributors may as well fulfil online orders directly if you’re going to go down that route. The shop could act as an affiliate and hand over the sale.

Personally don’t think that approach has legs.
    fair enough, I had a sinking feeling I wasn’t a genius

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryconroy View Post
    fair enough, I had a sinking feeling I wasnít a genius
    Well you could probably make it work somehow but it would require a lot of collaboration and be a bit of an accounting nightmare

‹bermensch

What was that email that got sent around a few shops about the 'top tier' working together or something a while ago?

Thread Information