Page 504 of 504 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504
Results 7,546 to 7,549 of 7549

Thread: Let us talk about films

Default Re: Let us talk about films

Yeah a kid getting pushed down some stairs sums up war for me, how dare it not... crap I probably tripped up one of my kids by mistake yesterday, they do get under your feet. Haha...

With you on that BaF..

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    Pretty sure the conspicuous lack of bloodshed (and historical accuracy) was to keep it a 12, so the Harry Styles fans could get in.

Seeing it at the IMAX was like a sideshow at Alton Towers, it was great. But it's hardly one of the great war movies. Especially since, unlike 2001, everybody knows the outcome - apart from Harry Styles fans, maybe - so I'd hoped for more than a big long warm up to a happy ending.
    Why does a war film have to strictly contain gratuitous violence? Everyone knows war is violent, doesn't need ramming down our throats with a load of fake blood and guts.

As for the 'knowing the outcome' aspect why does that matter? Are you saying films based on historical events aren't important because we already know the ending? I still felt it built tension and feeling purely through visuals and music rather than waste a load of time creating some corny back story for a character with his wife and family back home to try and make people care about them. As I said before preconceived ideas about war films seemed to have spoilt it for a lot of people, I found it to be interesting & different take on the war movie genre

Or maybe I was just a bit too blazed while watching the film and got a bit too into it?? Who knows...

And yeah the Blackadder episode is a belter

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    Yeah a kid getting pushed down some stairs sums up war for me, how dare it not... crap I probably tripped up one of my kids by mistake yesterday, they do get under your feet. Haha...
    You what?? Lol careful mate you're slipping into your incoherent territory again, thought we'd got past this

Übermensch

Thread Information