Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: What makes you HATE skateboarding.

‹bermensch

Default Re: What makes you HATE skateboarding.

And only baggy wide legged army surplus camo trousers. Fuck any of that slim fit/ tapered camo bullshit

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Haven_Hamilton View Post
    And only baggy wide legged army surplus camo trousers. Fuck any of that slim fit/ tapered camo bullshit
    Co-signed

i cant do smith grinds properly on transition and it irks me

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
    Co-signed
    Yeah maybe if you're a kid it is fine as they don't know any better but if you can legally buy a pint in a pub and you wear fitted camo trousers made by Carharrt or something you're a bit of a chief...

Quote Originally Posted by Haven_Hamilton View Post
    Yeah maybe if you're a kid it is fine as they don't know any better but if you can legally buy a pint in a pub and you wear fitted camo trousers made by Carharrt or something you're a bit of a chief...
    Don't think Carhartt ones are fitted. Maybe they are but I've got some Carhartt ones that definitely aren't. I wonder who is responsible for those though. Diamond, maybe?
    Last edited by buildafire; 6 Days Ago at 12:38 PM.

‹bermensch

Yeah I don't know just was taking a stab in the dark with Carhartt. Whoever it is, they are appalling. Super baggy camo or nothing

I tried some Dickies ones once and they were 'orrid. All the material around the legs was in contact with me all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold on the rocks View Post
    I tried some Dickies ones once and they were 'orrid. All the material around the legs was in contact with me all the time.
    Dickies New York are a pretty baggy pair of camo trousers. Much improved recently with the addition of the string around the ankles. Whatever that's called. Needs to have that or be elasticated or it'll sit so weird on your shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    Don't think Carhartt ones are fitted. Maybe they are but I've got some Carhartt ones that definitely aren't. I wonder who is responsible for those though. Diamond, maybe?

Fuck yeah! Thank you. The absolute state of that pose on the right too. Brilliant. In the worst Ishod colourway too.

I've had some good pairs from this place. Got a pair of these shits a while back (I see they've got up a fiver since) and they're perfect. Or they are now that I got them taken in a little. Fucking huge like you wouldn't believe, they were. And just look at those features. They're technical as fuck, but still have a little bit of stretch, and drawstrings in all the right places.

Mini Goon

Smashing your board into your shins. That shit fucking sucks.
    http://www.silversideheadwear.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattgilbert View Post
    Let's hope these are not just drunken ramblings. Funny as it was, I'd be much happier if bumwin stopped telling people he was going to kill them. Good on you son.

Ultra King

I hate that skateboarding doesn't try and give sound career advice to sponsored skaters and instead markets their demise.
    I hate that skateboarding complains about big corporations hoarding all the profits when the industry is flooded with bedroom brands.
    I hate that skateboarding acts like it embraces every facet of society but has only just started to recognize gay and female skaters (even though the females are still seen as a sideshow).
    I hate that skateboarding makes me pick my brain to think of things I hate about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by frome_skater View Post
    I always thought it was called sidewalk becuase when you skate you walk sideways
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin
    I checked it and I chilled

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    I hate that skateboarding acts like it embraces every facet of society
    Was skating Southbank one time last autumn and got in a guy's way. Equally, and truthfully, he got in mine.

Anyway, dude has a proper rager. Like, full on shouting and throwing his board around - all because he didn't get to do another 360 flip on flat near the wall. He then screams at me: ''what the fuck are you doing here anyway!?''

I left him and the situation alone for a few minutes and then skated up to him again. Peacefully, I asked him if he would care to explain the problem he had with me/what his deal was and what he meant about me being here. His general problem with me, it emerged, was that I didn't 'look' like a skater that should have been there. For the record, I actually dress in the most plain, boring shit, imaginable - think Uniqlo x M&S collabo - plain t-shirt, plain pullover, plain chinos, simple looking Lakai/Vans shoes. Really inoffensive, bland stuff.

This guy had tattoos. He was wearing Nike SB, camo pants (funnily enough), rings, Patagonia t-shirt or some shit, Nike chav cap - basically all of the hallmarks of what a standard skater can look like in 2018. Nothing wrong with any of it, mind. That's just what's appealing right now to some.

My problem lies with skateboarding itself's longstanding claim to this ostensible appeal of being original, creative, indefinable, not fitting a mould, etc. I've always been really been irked by actually how restricted and jock-ish it really is from the inside, and about what's supposedly permissible in terms of what one can wear.
    Last edited by Cereal Mews; 5 Days Ago at 11:23 AM.

‹bermensch

And that is why Southbank in 2018 is for the most part fucking wack, has bred a generation of wannabe rudeboy arseholes. Doesn't apply to all the locals and some are sound but there is a huge amount of people exactly like the one you just explained...

Oh yeah, of course. A lot of skaters are really sound and don't give a fuck. But I just hated how he felt he had more right to be there than I did because he looked the part or whatever.

Thread Information