Page 3282 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 22822782318232323272328032813282328332843292 ... LastLast
Results 49,216 to 49,230 of 49446

Thread: STOKED the new thread

Default Re: STOKED the new thread

Fun skate with tons of mates. This guy Rob from Dublin I skated/partied with a few times before was with us too, we had some beers, chatted and realized we have a mutual friend... niallmuthafukkinc! I love how skateboarding can make this world so small.
    Last edited by françois; 12th January 2018 at 09:48 PM.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post
    we had some beers, chatted and realized we have a mutual friend... niallmuthafukkinc! I love how skateboarding can make this world so small.
    I was thinking about something similar earlier actually while watching the Clown promo.
    Went to London when I was mid / late twenties and went skating around on my own. I met some guys skating around the back of shell centre.
    Some months later, back up nearer home, I was at The House in Sheffield and one of the guys I had met in London turned up.
    Not sure what he had to do with Clown, if anything but it was a guy who introduced himself as Edson.
    Another instance of the small world thing was that a mate of mine who I grew up skating went to live in Bahrain.
    He built a ramp out there and got to meet a guy from Notts and somehow they got to talking about people they knew through skating back home and it turned out to be another mate of mine called Mark Warman whose brother was UK TM for Adio or something like that, a guy called Nick who I also knew.

Edit: Skating in Sheffield meant that you would bump into people like Baines who often had Brady go and stay with him.
    Didn't get on buddy terms, just familiar faces.
    I went for a driving crash course that my Mother had paid and arranged for...in Blackpool.
    Took my board and went skating when I was not driving. The obvious place to go is the promenade. Guess who rolled up one evening...Brady.
    Recognised each other from Sheffield sessions and had someone to hang around with for the rest of the week. Sound chap.
    Last edited by Mush; 12th January 2018 at 10:05 PM.
    Skating on roids + Lance Mountain swearing and talking about how fit he is?? Really weird

Human beings: six degrees of separation.
    Skateboarders: two or three. Or less.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Seems so.
    No better community!
    Skating on roids + Lance Mountain swearing and talking about how fit he is?? Really weird

Plus there are more and more girls skating which can only make our community bigger and better.

Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post
    Fun skate with tons of mates. This guy Rob from Dublin I skated/partied with a few times before was with us too, we had some beers, chatted and realized we have a mutual friend... niallmuthafukkinc! I love how skateboarding can make this world so small.
    Always wondered if you’d met Fun Bobby, given where he lives now. He’s rad!

I met fun bobby in Malmö one year! Ha!
    Good skate last night too! Learned Ollie one foots in the tranny and made some progression on the ledge! Stoked.

Ultra King

mate fun bobby is the sickest nickname i've ever heard
    "The idea that skateboards are made for rolling… Busenitz understands this."

With a name like that he must be under immense pressure to be "that fun guy".

Fun Bobby from Friends had crippling alcoholism.

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by judith priest View Post
    Fun Bobby from Friends had crippling alcoholism.
    banged Monica on the balcony though so swings and roundabouts

Ultra King

oh wait the nickname is from friends? it's an awful nickname then
    "The idea that skateboards are made for rolling… Busenitz understands this."

Yeah he told me about a trip to Malmö with loads of Irishmen. Sounded dope!

Quote Originally Posted by ciaran View Post
    Always wondered if you’d met Fun Bobby, given where he lives now. He’s rad!
    He is for sure! I met him at a comp here last summer, he came with Gav Coughlan and I've seen him a few times since. He just started skating vert with some of my mates. Top bloke!
    Last edited by françois; 14th January 2018 at 01:42 PM.

There is a bloke who works in the unit next to me at work and he started skating because his son scooters but he's got the bug bigtime now. Anyway, He bought an tiny old chapel to convert into a house but seems he's going to have to sit on it for a good while for various reasons, He didn't need any convincing but now we're going to build a private miniramp in there. Can't wait to get my skate back on.

Thread Information