Page 3282 of 3283 FirstFirst ... 228227823182323232723280328132823283 LastLast
Results 49,216 to 49,230 of 49244

Thread: STOKED the new thread

Default Re: STOKED the new thread

Quote Originally Posted by pervert View Post
    get the big midlands meetup on the go, been keen to check out that park in stourbridge for a while

This definitely at some point. I have to get back on it this spring, been far too laxed on skating in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic egg View Post
    You were Derby/Notts originally though yeah?

I'm near Derby so def meet up for skate/music man.
    Notts born and bred, lived in Derby for a couple of years.
    Skating on roids + Lance Mountain swearing and talking about how fit he is?? Really weird

Widdler

Stoked!
    Having stepped back on a board for the first time on Wednesday at 4Motion(Thanks to everyone who made me feel welcome) I need more of a fix than once a week!
    Working in Harrogate has its perks and it’s downsides,another upside I have discovered today however is the local outdoor park,seems like a sweet little park
    couldnt skate it today,too wet,but when the weather turns I’ll be down there at lunchtime and can do something other than hit the boring gym!

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdTry View Post
    Stoked!
    Having stepped back on a board for the first time on Wednesday at 4Motion(Thanks to everyone who made me feel welcome) I need more of a fix than once a week!
    Working in Harrogate has its perks and it’s downsides,another upside I have discovered today however is the local outdoor park,seems like a sweet little park
    couldnt skate it today,too wet,but when the weather turns I’ll be down there at lunchtime and can do something other than hit the boring gym!
    As you may have guessed from my user name, I know a little bit about Harrogate. I lived there for a few years and helped getting the skatepark built. The 'street' bit is really fun! However some of the ramps are a little bumpy as the guys that built it fucked up. There's a good little scene in Harrogate still and I've still got some friends that skate the park quite regularly. The drainage in the park is quite bad, so you need it to be dry for at least 24 hours to get a decent skate in. Have a good shred!

Quote Originally Posted by seismic egg View Post
    This definitely at some point. I have to get back on it this spring, been far too laxed on skating in 2017.
    Drop me a line if you ever make it over, it’s a 2 minute skate from my flat.

Ultra King

Quote Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
    Drop me a line if you ever make it over, it’s a 2 minute skate from my flat.
    Yeah lets sort something soon? It's a mission from here but all indoor parks are
    "The idea that skateboards are made for rolling… Busenitz understands this."

Widdler

Quote Originally Posted by skateharrogate View Post
    As you may have guessed from my user name, I know a little bit about Harrogate. I lived there for a few years and helped getting the skatepark built. The 'street' bit is really fun! However some of the ramps are a little bumpy as the guys that built it fucked up. There's a good little scene in Harrogate still and I've still got some friends that skate the park quite regularly. The drainage in the park is quite bad, so you need it to be dry for at least 24 hours to get a decent skate in. Have a good shred!
    Yeah I'm looking forward to it being my adopted hometown skatepark
    I bet it won't be full of scooters when I go at lunchtimes during the week too 😁
    I'll have to see how the ramps ride as I wanted to re-learn to ride mini there mainly
    That's why I checked it out today as concrete parks usually dry quicker than the roads etc,not to worry plenty of time to shred!

Fun skate with tons of mates. This guy Rob from Dublin I skated/partied with a few times before was with us too, we had some beers, chatted and realized we have a mutual friend... niallmuthafukkinc! I love how skateboarding can make this world so small.
    Last edited by françois; 5 Days Ago at 09:48 PM.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post
    we had some beers, chatted and realized we have a mutual friend... niallmuthafukkinc! I love how skateboarding can make this world so small.
    I was thinking about something similar earlier actually while watching the Clown promo.
    Went to London when I was mid / late twenties and went skating around on my own. I met some guys skating around the back of shell centre.
    Some months later, back up nearer home, I was at The House in Sheffield and one of the guys I had met in London turned up.
    Not sure what he had to do with Clown, if anything but it was a guy who introduced himself as Edson.
    Another instance of the small world thing was that a mate of mine who I grew up skating went to live in Bahrain.
    He built a ramp out there and got to meet a guy from Notts and somehow they got to talking about people they knew through skating back home and it turned out to be another mate of mine called Mark Warman whose brother was UK TM for Adio or something like that, a guy called Nick who I also knew.

Edit: Skating in Sheffield meant that you would bump into people like Baines who often had Brady go and stay with him.
    Didn't get on buddy terms, just familiar faces.
    I went for a driving crash course that my Mother had paid and arranged for...in Blackpool.
    Took my board and went skating when I was not driving. The obvious place to go is the promenade. Guess who rolled up one evening...Brady.
    Recognised each other from Sheffield sessions and had someone to hang around with for the rest of the week. Sound chap.
    Last edited by Mush; 5 Days Ago at 10:05 PM.
    Skating on roids + Lance Mountain swearing and talking about how fit he is?? Really weird

Human beings: six degrees of separation.
    Skateboarders: two or three. Or less.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Seems so.
    No better community!

Plus there are more and more girls skating which can only make our community bigger and better.

Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post
    Fun skate with tons of mates. This guy Rob from Dublin I skated/partied with a few times before was with us too, we had some beers, chatted and realized we have a mutual friend... niallmuthafukkinc! I love how skateboarding can make this world so small.
    Always wondered if you’d met Fun Bobby, given where he lives now. He’s rad!

I met fun bobby in Malmö one year! Ha!
    Good skate last night too! Learned Ollie one foots in the tranny and made some progression on the ledge! Stoked.

Thread Information