Page 3294 of 3307 FirstFirst ... 22942794319432443284329232933294329532963304 ... LastLast
Results 49,396 to 49,410 of 49601

Thread: STOKED the new thread

Default Re: STOKED the new thread

Glad it wasn't just me!

when i quit weed i did it after a holiday which was on a cruise, therefore pretty impossible to get weed while on a two week cruise. that made it easier when i got back as i had already had the inital hit of not having been baked for a fortnight and that helped. never really tried to cut out booze as i too love the beer and tbh the whisky too. i try to have 3/4 dry day a week though and drink mainly friday, saturday and sunday, mainly infront of the tv as i dont go out due to my son being 1 and cant justify pissing money down the pub.

on dry days i drink super cold soda water with slice of lemon or lime, or both. really refreshing and really fizzy and really dont mind drinking that instead of beer in the week, it really hits the spot. do have to discipline my brain to do it and not just crack a beer though as the beer always looks super tempting

Just to pipe in, I've just had my first dry weekend in decades and it felt ace. Booze isn't an issue for me, but just wanted a break after a few weeks of heavy caneage. It felt really strange/good waking up on Saturday and Sunday morning, feeling great after proper night's sleep and no hangover. Might even do it again.
    ...kiss me with apocalypse.

I don't drink alot at all and can go weeks without having anything but just lately I have been into... don't laugh... Martini bianco and lemonade. We went for a curry round friends house and I was in the shop deciding what to get and I was not in the mood for the usuals so got annoyed and grabbed a bottle of martini as it was on the end of a shelf and bought it. been drinking it ever since ha
    That and Crabbies. The only downside is the furry teeth at night, feels like I have been eating a load of sweets.
    That's not helping as they are still alcohol, sorry.
    I basically drink water and Vimto cordial with indian tonic water normally.

My vice at the moment is Chocolate, really need to get out of the habit of eating that everyday.

3rd day in. Going ok so far, not had a drink. However I am ordering a soda stream as I will kill the planet single handed with the amount of Fizzy Water I'm drinking.

I'm sure you're gonna be alright pal.
    The only thing that can make you quit booze is you wanting to, and you sound quite determined to do it.
    Good luck and happy fatherhood!

A couple weeks ago I skated flatground pretty intensely for an hour or more without drinking anything at all then I had 8 or 10 pints or something and basically zero food. The hangover was nothing crazy but I had sore legs for 4 days after that, which was rather stupid. From now on I'm drinking one litre of water per hour when I'm skating, and trying to drink at least half a litre before I go skating. Sometimes if I'm trying a hard trick (well, a trick that's hard for me) I'm like no water until I've landed it to push myself but I really have to quit doing that shit.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post
    Sometimes if I'm trying a hard trick (well, a trick that's hard for me) I'm like no water until I've landed it to push myself but I really have to quit doing that shit.
    I do the same thing!

I'm sure you're gonna be alright pal.
    The only thing that can make you quit booze is you wanting to, and you sound quite determined to do it.
    Good luck and happy fatherhood!

A couple weeks ago I skated flatground pretty intensely for an hour or more without drinking anything at all then I had 8 or 10 pints or something and basically zero food. The hangover was nothing crazy but I had sore legs for 4 days after that, which was rather stupid. From now on I'm drinking one litre of water per hour when I'm skating, and trying to drink at least half a litre before I go skating. Sometimes if I'm trying a hard trick (well, a trick that's hard for me) I'm like no water until I've landed it to push myself but I really have to quit doing that shit.
    was playing a game of skate the other day that ended up going on for about an hour and a half, was getting dizzy as fuck towards the end. sat down necked off a litre of water & a pack of custard creams and i was right as rain.

Quote Originally Posted by neddington12 View Post
    I do the same thing!
    Glad I'm not the only one but sorry for you too! Haha. Let's land everything and drink water all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by dontcomply View Post
    was playing a game of skate the other day that ended up going on for about an hour and a half, was getting dizzy as fuck towards the end. sat down necked off a litre of water & a pack of custard creams and i was right as rain.
    Fuck yeah, staying hydrated is what's up.

I had a fun skate yesterday, I left work early and went skating by the lake. There were loads of skaters there and the weather was lovely, one of those great summer evenings. Most kids skated a bit, sat down, drank and smoked weed and me (I'm 36) and a mate who's 43, the oldest farts in the park, skated more than anyone else. I thought that was amusing. It made me happy. Happy for them because I remembered being young and stoked on enjoying myself like they did and stoked on being older but not feeling old, basically enjoying skating as much as I did when I was 12. Yeahyeahyeah.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

I wish people I skated with were like that but alas I'm only 22 and these days it seems you can have 20 people at a spot and 15 of them will spend more time sitting down talking shit and smoking weed than they do actually skating. Usually the same people who sit and complain the spot(s) aren't good, i mean they're hardly MACBA level but some of the spots are pretty solid and I feel like maybe if they actually skated the spot instead of sitting down everytime they come out they'd probably enjoy the spot alot more.

Don't get me wrong, most kids that were there didn't skate much and spent far more time getting faded than skating but it was still a great day. When I arrived at the park I high-fived every single skater there (which is pretty normal to me). I could tell that some of the kids thought doing that was kinda unusual, haha. I was just in a good mood.

Spots are whatever you want them to be. You can have fun for hours on an unwaxed curb or you can complain that it's too hot when you're at MACBA.

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by jimvo View Post
    “I’d rather watch Blender skim”

You can have fun for hours on an unwaxed curb or you can complain that it's too hot when you're at MACBA.
    knucks, yay for skateboarding!

for some reason 5 bridges became host of the school leavers session meaning todays skateboarding was adorned with the sweet smell of lambrini, the sounds of shite rave tunes and more than one puddle of puke

definitely earned my btec level 3 in underage drinking oblivious scooter dodging today

I’ve skated once a week for the last four weeks. Which is the most frequent skateboarding I’ve done in a long, long time.

Funny how much of a difference that makes - yesterday’s skate wasn’t spent playing catch up, I warmed up quicker, landed more tricks, didn’t slam, felt more relaxed, even had a go at some new stuff.
    poison...poison...TASTY FISH!

Thread Information