Page 3299 of 3299 FirstFirst ... 22992799319932493289329732983299
Results 49,471 to 49,485 of 49485

Thread: STOKED the new thread

Default Re: STOKED the new thread

Thanks mate! This obstacle is fantastic, but the park has a good bowl and a great pool too. And a really good hip. I look forward to going back there!
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

HMRC fucked up big time and did not take any tax for the 3 yrs I had been working back in England.
    Took them to task over it, reporting myself to them for not having paid tax.
    Got treated like a shady tax dodger by them in their response letters.
    I investigated all that I could learn about what I could see from the tax codes on my payslip and the HMRC portal and there were evident mistakes.
    Wrote an 8 page letter pointing out their errors and got let off with £18,000 that they wanted to claw back over just a 3yr period.
    Skating on roids + Lance Mountain swearing and talking about how fit he is?? Really weird

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Wrote an 8 page letter pointing out their errors and got let off with £18,000 that they wanted to claw back over just a 3yr period.
    Winning!

Been out since 8pm, filming at a local spot, discussing today's goings on in Zimbabwe and then the pub.
    Old school laughs.

Wife has gone away for the weekend with baby. I'm off to MC a comp in Latvia. Wallop.
    Get down with your bad self
    skateboardrumours.co.uk

Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP.

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Wife has gone away for the weekend with baby. I'm off to MC a comp in Latvia. Wallop.
    Mine's taking our baby boy to a hen party tomorrow, then I'm filming the Cirencester jam on Sunday. Knucks!

Quote Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
    Winning!

Been out since 8pm, filming at a local spot, discussing today's goings on in Zimbabwe and then the pub.
    Old school laughs.

Took them 6 months to even contact me to acknowledge that they were reading through the details in my letter.
    A further call another month on and when the lady on the phone said, I have some good news, I had a feeling that it would be a reduction in what they are reclaiming, I was blown away when they told me that they would no longer pursue me for any of it.
    Skating on roids + Lance Mountain swearing and talking about how fit he is?? Really weird

Wowsers, that's rare, savor it.
    HMRC are not ones to back down, they usually stamp their foot and you are fucked.

Put our house on the market and sold it in 2 weeks. made an offer on a new house last night ant it was accepted within a few minutes. Realising shits getting heavy. Starting to hyperventilate...

Where? still local?

Quote Originally Posted by seismic egg View Post
    Where? still local?
    Henhurst Hill. Wrong side of the river!

Crazy man! Brand new one or old?

80's Noting special to look at but its bigger than our current shoebox

Ultra King

set myself a challenge to skate every day in august and have actually managed it so far, legs were fucked after the first few days but feel like i'm getting used to it now
    "The idea that skateboards are made for rolling… Busenitz understands this."

Wicked perv. I have watching this guy on YT, he's learning a new trick every day for a month. I fancy doing similar but learning a new trick every time I skate which is once a week right now.

Quote Originally Posted by pervert View Post
    set myself a challenge to skate every day in august and have actually managed it so far, legs were fucked after the first few days but feel like i'm getting used to it now
    Awesome! Thumbs up mate.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic egg View Post
    I fancy doing similar but learning a new trick every time I skate which is once a week right now.
    Oh yes. That's rad.

I went to my local park yesterday and got out of my comfort zone, trying different shit, which felt fantastic. I did nothing that crazy in the end but you easily end doing the same old shit all the time at your local and it's great to spice things up.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Thread Information