Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast

Thread: Travelers...

Übermensch

Default Re: Travelers...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin View Post
    Ok I'll step up on this one...

Bring it anyway, you've got nothing Toulouse.

Budummmmmmmm tsshhhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Load View Post
    Sheesh.

I'd be lyon if I said i've been there before. I'd say pack all your homeless gear, don't forget your board,eaux!
    Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    You Cannes bring your board, it'll be Nice, but don't try to bring it Arles as hand luggage, they won't Avignon and your trip will be Rouen-ed.

*runs for cover
    Not in the least bit helpful..... but well done chaps, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by jimvo View Post
    Anyone been to the Philippines? Mate has a place there by a surf beach, sounded good til I read this
    https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/philippines
    Everywhere foreign is shit tbh.

Ultra King

So it turns out I'll be moving to Malta in September. I've never been so I was wondering if anyone had any experience and knew where is a good place to live?

If anyone needs advice on France or Belgium I can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by frome_skater View Post
    I always thought it was called sidewalk becuase when you skate you walk sideways
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Zeppelin
    I checked it and I chilled

Quote Originally Posted by ike91 View Post
    Has anyone been to Toulouse? Can you recommend any cool food spots, bars, arty things or unusual attractions? Is there much to skate there? I'm having a day or 2 in the city before heading into the Pyrenees to hike, hitch-hike, rough it and catch a stage of the Tour de France. Wondering whether it's worth taking the board?
    Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post
    One of my good friends has a sister that lives there and she might be able to help.
    I'll text her later and will try to get back to you.
    Alright...

There's a modern and contemporary art museum called Les Abattoirs that's great. The Fine Arts Museum is good too.
    And it seems like there are loads of nice churches as well.

Le Café à la une is apparently a nice bar/restaurant, and you'll have to get the metro to the Roseraie station to get there.
    Two other bars my friend mentioned were Les Tilleuls (city centre, doesn't look special but is great and has a lovely terrace) and Le Vasco de Gama (in Saint-Cyprien, good atmosphere).

I hope this helps man!

I went to Copenhagen in May, and can help you guys if you need directions to street spots and a few good restaurants and bars.
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by françois View Post
    Alright...

There's a modern and contemporary art museum called Les Abattoirs that's great. The Fine Arts Museum is good too.
    And it seems like there are loads of nice churches as well.

Le Café à la une is apparently a nice bar/restaurant, and you'll have to get the metro to the Roseraie station to get there.
    Two other bars my friend mentioned were Les Tilleuls (city centre, doesn't look special but is great and has a lovely terrace) and Le Vasco de Gama (in Saint-Cyprien, good atmosphere).

I hope this helps man!

I went to Copenhagen in May, and can help you guys if you need directions to street spots and a few good restaurants and bars.
    Amazing man, thanks Franc!

Mini Goon

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    So it turns out I'll be moving to Malta in September. I've never been so I was wondering if anyone had any experience and knew where is a good place to live?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

I got married in Mellieha last August, the mother in law is from there, whereabouts are you going to be working ? can give advice but it really depends where you are going to be really.

Skating stuff as far as i'm aware the main place is the Msida subway skatepark right next to the Mater Dei Hospital, in obviously Msida just outside of Valletta.

Also in Mellieha there is a random metal 5 foot mini spineing into a quarter at the running track, stumbled upon it one day on the way to somewhere else, not sure if metal as the best surface to choose though....

I have found it really difficult to find out much about street spots though. There was a skateshop down the road from that park (jump street) which seemed fully legit, sadly though when i tried to find it it had sadly already closed,

There are a few edits if you check the malta skateboard association facebook which i think that shop organised in conjunction with the BMXers there.

I'm next going in March , give me a shout if you wanna sort a skate out,

cheers.

Anyone been to Sardinia? Thinking of going and exploring the island but it is supposedly really difficult to get around without a car. I don't drive, so the alternative might instead to just go to mainland Italy... because it's the best country in the world.
    Last edited by Cereal Mews; 6 Days Ago at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Mews View Post
    Anyone been to Sardinia? Thinking of going and exploring the island but it is supposedly really difficult to get around without a car. I don't drive, so the alternative might instead to just go to mainland Italy... because it's the best country in the world.
    if you haven't watched them already, check out episodes 1&2 of season 2 of master of none
    Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP

Never seen it, but, okay.

Edit - Initially was confused as when I googled it to see what it was, I saw that it's a show about NY and dating and stuff, but then saw a little piece about season 2 and now I understand you. On further reading it actually sounds really good, so I think I'll watch it this weekend given that it's supposed to be raining the whole time.

I actually just got back from Italy last week. It just offends me how good the food, the architecture, the style, the atmosphere and the people are there. Most of the time when eating out I'd end up ordering two mains, as I could never live with myself that same evening for just settling for gnocchi but not for the bigoli or whatever else.

I've been to a lot of places, but every time I go elsewhere I just think ''but it's better in Italy...''
    Last edited by Cereal Mews; 6 Days Ago at 12:01 PM.

Übermensch

Quote Originally Posted by floor odoriser View Post
    if you haven't watched them already, check out episodes 1&2 of season 2 of master of none
    I'm a fan of the series overall but the first episode of season 2 was so painfully cringe, that fucking cap for starters...

Felt like a film school project, his self indulgence got the better of him in parts of the series I think but its a nice easy watch

Ultra King

any tips for Leipzig and Prague? me and the big man brownie are going on a little euro trip week after next
    Last edited by pervert; 3 Days Ago at 04:34 PM.
    "The idea that skateboards are made for rolling… Busenitz understands this."

We out here in CPH. Greatest place in the world.

Ultra King

Quote Originally Posted by buildafire View Post
    We out here in CPH. Greatest place in the world.
    Looks like you are having a blast on your Instagram!

I will go again when I'm feeling flush, deffo the most expensive place i have ever been..

Rad city, great people and good skating though-loved it.

Build did you meet any South Africans at all? Turns out about 20 people from Cape Town were there and I have serious envy hate

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Mews View Post
    I actually just got back from Italy last week. It just offends me how good the food, the architecture, the style, the atmosphere and the people are there. Most of the time when eating out I'd end up ordering two mains, as I could never live with myself that same evening for just settling for gnocchi but not for the bigoli or whatever else.

I've been to a lot of places, but every time I go elsewhere I just think ''but it's better in Italy...''
    Italians know their onions when it comes to food (see what the Euro did there). I love their love of veal (vitello tonnato, scallopine al limone, saltimbocca… always killer).
    "There are people in skateboarding whose views and backgrounds differ from mine, but I appreciate that they’re a part of it because that’s what keeps skating so diverse and not just some homogenized bullshit. More opinions, more girls, more homosexuality, more global representation." Ryan Lay

Thread Information