Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: does this need its own thread?

Ultra King

Default does this need its own thread?

SAN DIEGO, Oct. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- San Diego-based skate/surf lifestyle brand, Osiris (http://www.osirisshoes.com), has teamed up with Consolidated Skateboards to create a new special-edition of their infamous shoe called "The Drunk," which takes aim at large sporting good companies who are strategically trying to invade the action sports industry. The shoes are going to be sold only at core skate and surf shops in support of the Don't Do It campaign, a movement that seeks to put the power back into the hands of those that built the action sports industry.

The Drunk, a thinly veiled comedic wordplay on a popular shoe style from one of the large sporting goods companies, bears a signature banana logo on the side of each shoe. It was created as a playful knock on the large sporting goods brands that are now making a strong push to take a share of the market in the action sports industry. Though the shoe is humorous in it's design, the message that the Don't Do It Campaign conveys is a very serious one. Steve "Birdo" Guisinger, owner of Consolidated Skateboards states, "There is a reason there are no football, baseball, basketball, or soccer player owned companies -- and there should be. We don't want this to happen to our industry." Jay "The Wizard" Wilson, Executive Vice President for Osiris, adds, "If they can make skate shoes, we can make basketball shoes that you can skate in. Can't we all have a little fun?"

Osiris will be the first in a series of core skate companies who will be creating a new version of the Drunk each season. The Osiris Drunk is a patent leather paneled quarter top shoe, with it's design borrowed from a new style of shoes from Osiris called the South Bronx. "Ever since I can remember, I longed to work with the famous banana. It's a legend in its own right, for it's continued efforts to break down the corporate evils that plague our industry," says Brian Reid, Chief Creative Officer for Osiris.

Consolidated Skateboards, who has been leading the Don't Do It campaign since 1997, rallied the support of the heads of many of the core industry companies to lead this awareness campaign by creating a new version of the Drunk each season. "Making quality skate shoes is not our specialty, so we are excited to co-op 'Drunks' with Osiris and other quality skate shoe makers," says Steve "Birdo" Guisinger.

The Osiris Drunks will be available at select core shops and will be priced at $69.95.

For more information, visit: http://www.DontDoItArmy.com and http://www.myspace.com/dontdoitarmy

About Osiris

Osiris is performance and style driven by creativity. Founded in 1996, Osiris is known for its innovative products such as the G Bag and the best selling skate shoe of all time. The company produces, markets, and distributes skate and lifestyle shoes, apparel, and accessories. Osiris' team umbrella has expanded steadily beyond their roots in skateboarding and includes surf, skate, and moto x teams. Based in San Diego, CA; Osiris is sold in 45 countries worldwide.
    discuss.

‹bermensch

Default Re: does this need its own thread?

less so protesting against nike, more so selling high priced shoes to sneaker fiends. *goes back to zelda*

consolidated = wank
    Trust me I'm a stomach

Quote Originally Posted by skateharrogate View Post
    He is amazing, but aesthetically that hair is not pleasing to me.

boring.
    "Technically a polanski!"

Ultra King

Quote Originally Posted by we_get_paid View Post
    less so protesting against nike, more so selling high priced shoes to sneaker fiends. *goes back to zelda*
    what he said *goes back to replaying dead rising*

Quote Originally Posted by wayoutskates View Post
    consolidated = wank
    I beg to differ......

but that shoe is gash

‹bermensch

...at least you could now buy the shoes and have a chance of them lasting beyond one skate.

Osiris - for all of their past faults - have always supported skateboarding, throwing money quite heavily into our arena. I think it is a step in the right direction for Con...

quote:- 'Osiris is known for its innovative products such as the G Bag...' AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    quote birdo:- 'We don't want this to happen to our industry'
    don't we? I was under the impression alot of skateboarders liked nike and adidas shoes.

my friend was going on about these saying how much he needs a pair in his life.
    but he was also saying that about them gold muskas. best to ignore.

Initiate

Is it just me, or is all this 'Don't do it' and anti-Nike stuff al la bit old hat now?
    Hello World

‹bermensch

like it says.. since 97 yo...

but aint that the point?

its not a fly by night campaign... its 10 years strong now.. REAL people dont start or stop campaigning because its fashionable or whatever.

Mini Goon

Always had great skaters on the team, but I find it all pretty self-righteous and po-faced. The 'humour' in this case seems a tad forced...

Tedious and hypocritical to the Nth degree, given that Consolidated sell in major sports chains across the US.

Are they going out of their way to make ugly shoes again or what? Filth.

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2k View Post
    Is it just me, or is all this 'Don't do it' and anti-Nike stuff al la bit old hat now?
    I can see why their business competitors would want to keep it going but, yeah, I think most skateboarders have heard enough to make up their own minds by now. It's all starting to get a bit preachy.

Ultra King

Quote Originally Posted by Overseer View Post
    like it says.. since 97 yo...

but aint that the point?

its not a fly by night campaign... its 10 years strong now.. REAL people dont start or stop campaigning because its fashionable or whatever.
    erm, the since 97 spiel refers to osiris, not con. birdo has been running things since early 90, no?

Thread Information