Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: The TV Thread

Initiate

Default Re: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skateharrogate View Post
    It was alright. No worse, no better. Just alright.
    Yeah, it wasn't bad. I've only seen one of the others that's been on, but after both of them i just ended up thinking "oh it's so it's kind of like Bladerunner then, but not as good". Which is what you probably think after reading the book, so fair enough. Anyway I'm still going to tune in for the Bryan Cranston one.

‹bermensch

I heard Louis speak on a podcast recently about how he was worried that some of the people he interviewed may want to glamorise their drug habits on screen. He did say something about most of them being genuinely good people with terrible addictions, but that he sometimes got the feeling that they liked being on camera. It felt like that with that couple sometimes.

that C4 anthology show is part of the post Black Mirror fallout that includes Bake off moving

anyway, as you were
    Steve Binks 1975-2011. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Haven_Hamilton View Post
    Yeah that was an interesting one, wasn't quite sure what to make of that situation. On one hand those types of abusive drug related relationships are rife and can very easily trap people and make it hard to leave despite all the warning signs.

But it was the moment when she encouraged Louie to interview them both and raise the issue on camera in the middle of the street that threw me, I mean obviously he is going to deny it but if what she is saying was true then she is getting the situation out there but also is the boyfriend surely not going to lose his shit behind closed doors and potentially ramp up the level of abuse? Just felt as though she was setting herself up for some gnarly shit by doing that if it was true. Not sure if it was an appeal for sympathy or what, if I was Louie and the production team I really hope they provided some level of support for her post filming because the situation seems potentially life threatening and it would be irresponsible and morally sketchy to film all those segments and then just leave them.
    She'd def had her nose broken recently. Grim as f*ck, the whole thing. The synthetic stuff sounds even worse.

I donít know, she never really seemed scared of him. I wouldnít confront an abusive partner on camera out of the blue, because once the camera is no longer there, surely he is going to kick off even more? Some of what she did just didnít make sense. I think she causes a lot of the drama. She tried to set herself up as the victim as soon as he walked through the room in a very odd way. Telling him to leave.
    He seemed to be the one running around for her, while she didnít give a shit. I donít know, itís a toxic relationship. They were both as bad as each other. I donít think she ever said he could end up killing her, if the fights went to far? She always seemed to have a smuge little smile on her face. She must be talking to her grandad to ask for the money, etc but says he doesnít let her? Odd.

snowfall doesnít really get going till about half way through.

‹bermensch

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    She always seemed to have a smuge little smile on her face.
    Yeah I also noticed this, found the whole situation strange and probably not as black and white as she made out. I wouldn't say visibly not being scared was a sign she is lying and not saying she is totally lying but yeah the whole making him leave the room and being asked to be confronted on camera thing left me quite puzzled. But I suppose abusive drug fuelled relationships aren't usually the most reasonable/ normal situations.

Jimvo, not doubting she had her nose broken but the way she went about getting her story across seemed bizarre and definitely feel there's more going on there

Ultra King

It seems like he is/ or is going to, start pimping her out to repay the drug debt.

Yeah I also noticed this, found the whole situation strange and probably not as black and white as she made out. I wouldn't say visibly not being scared was a sign she is lying and not saying she is totally lying but yeah the whole making him leave the room and being asked to be confronted on camera thing left me quite puzzled. But I suppose abusive drug fuelled relationships aren't usually the most reasonable/ normal situations.

Jimvo, not doubting she had her nose broken but the way she went about getting her story across seemed bizarre and definitely feel there's more going on there
    Lying and smack go together

Anyone think this 'Fatwa' storyline that looks like its going to be the main plot through the new series of a Curb is a bit too much? I always liked how the series had some ridiculous situations but kept things relatively grounded, this just seems too far fetched
    yeah i'm not convinced by the first episode on that front either but interested to see where it goes

all i really want from this season is richard lewis and leon scenes in spades though so the first ep was promising for that
    reverb on the naan. come test

lost it when he saw mary steenburgen with a larry clone.

‹bermensch

Oh yeah not saying I didn't like what I've seen, it's had some cracking moments. Just feel what appears to be the overarching seasons story is a little daft so far

Calling the guy baldy whilst wearing the wig was great
    Last edited by Haven_Hamilton; 1 Week Ago at 11:29 AM.

Wish I could have contributed more earlier to this discussion, but was busy with work. Echoing much of what you said really.

I felt that she was so adamant about the nose break being the physical sign of the abuse to the point where it seemed a little suspicious - often victims of abuse are almost apologetic for the abuser, and furtive about the damage, ala: ''oh, it's just nothing... it happened playing when I was a kid...'' She had mentioned she used to be a hooker - it could have easily come from that... or dancing... or doing anything. Her partner seemed remarkably placid most of the time, and the fact that he even let himself be filmed for something like that suggests he's not really too involved in drugs/gangs or whatever else I feel she was alluding to. If she really was in an abusive relationship I just can't imagine he'd be okay with cameras following them. I do sincerely apologise if she truly is a victim of abuse, and I don't want to victim shame or blame, as it may well entirely be true that he is beating her and 'keeping' her, but it seemed a very unusual dynamic for what she claimed was going on. In my opinion she was trying to shift the blame for the embarrassment of her own addiction.

P.S. Imagine paying a junkie to suck his dick.

‹bermensch

^ Yep totally agree, very well put

Quote Originally Posted by methamphetamine View Post
    yeah i'm not convinced by the first episode on that front either but interested to see where it goes

all i really want from this season is richard lewis and leon scenes in spades though so the first ep was promising for that
    Don't forget The Funk Man!!!

New Louis Theroux, liked how he called out that hooker to her face for using that trucker guy with lies and not believing her, because it could just be another one of her hustles to bring money and stuff while she was at the centre. He opened her eyes in the end though, like a light bulb went back on.
    The ĎI say Iím 27 but really Iím 37 *cough 40*, I love what I do!í Her face at the end when Louis spells out the reality of her future to her. Itís like the party bubble popped in her head, and you could see it happen on camera.
    It was sad that a lot of them let men use them to feel loved and wanted. Theroux manages to connect with people like not many can. I still expect ĎWhite Trash Heroes - Archers of Loafí to play over the credits of these.

Thread Information